Swimsuit - favorite brand

18 hours ago, Keksie said:

I like Land's End.  They have a wide variety of suits you can actually swim in.

Yes to Lands End.  Things I like: 

- They sell separates, which (although expensive) allows me to buy a larger top and smaller bottom. 

- Their separates work well to mix-and-match; for example, if you buy a print top, you could choose the matching print bottom or a matching solid.  You could choose a standard bottom, a skirt or boy shorts.  

- They sell D cup swimsuits. 

- Their things really last.  I have Lands End swimsuits that're over a decade old. 

- I also really like their tee-dress type cover ups.  

• Like 2

I'm on the hunt, too.  I'm an Athleta swimsuit person.  Different size tops and bottoms of different coverage.  Title Nine has some cute pieces, too.  My paddle shorts are Title Nine.  I'd like to see if I can find a 1-piece this year, but finding one that fits on my size 14-16 top and size 10 bottom could prove "interesting."   Land's End was a go-to back in the 2000s, but my body type has changed enough that they just aren't right.  I'll even buy a top from one brand and a bottom from another if the fit is right.

• Like 2

I like Calypsa.  Lots of choices with separates to choose from in a variety of sizes.  I also love all of their modest options.  They're on the pricey end, but hold up really well and are completely worth it in my opinion.

I love my land's end and miracle suits but on our recent cruise in the Caribbean, the Land's End suit with its lovely supporting panels would not dry.  I hate putting on a cold damp swim suit so next cruise I will forego support and shaping for something that might dry - like a speedo.   

• Like 2

5 hours ago, badtwin said:

I love my land's end and miracle suits but on our recent cruise in the Caribbean, the Land's End suit with its lovely supporting panels would not dry.  I hate putting on a cold damp swim suit so next cruise I will forego support and shaping for something that might dry - like a speedo.   

Yes, that's true.  Lands End suits -- as much as I like them -- are a little thicker than most suits; I assume that's necessary for the extra support they provide.  As a result, they do take longer to dry.  I totally agree that putting on a cold, damp suit is no fun, but my answer to this is to bring several suits so I can always have one that's bone dry.  

• Like 5

• 1 month later...

I've been buying La Blanca and Bleu Rod Beattie suits. They are made very well and don't seem to fade. Marshalls and TJ Maxx here in Florida carries a really good selection of suits and coverups.

Living in Florida....I have many suits.  I do bring several when cruising. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Lands End tankinis for sure.  14 top 12 bottom.  ALWAYS fit--for the last 30 years.  I live in a beach town, so will periodically buy either a new swim skirt or a top--no need to go through the horror of a fitting room!!!!!  

Yes, their 'sales' are phony,  so buy at the end of the season.

• Like 1

I am loyal to LandsEnd for swimsuits as well. I did, however, just buy this suit at Costco for a very low price and it’s surprisingly well- made. Thicker like Lands End and a very nice fit. I have a black short sarong that I’ll wear with it. https://www.amazon.com/Nautica-Womens-Cross-Swimsuit-Castaway/dp/B09TJTTJHZ/ref=asc_df_B09TJTTJHZ/?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=596474166135&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=11683808765871562679&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=m&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=1023640&hvtargid=pla-1657886612825&psc=1

• 3 weeks later...

I custom designed my suit this year.  I bought the black Riptide tanking top from Athleta and coral paddle board swim shorts from Carve and an agave Nalu swim shorts from Title Nine.  I just like board shorts now.  I have a black print bikini bottom if I want, but I like the versatility of the shorts.  

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

I'm a Land's End tankini fan too. I tend to get the solid dark bottom and have fun with the tops, although I find that the tan that matches my clothes "lines" the best comes from the simplest top-- straight-across cut bodice, thin straps. Very comfy but as others have said, take a while to dry. I don't much mind a damp suit if it's sunny out though.