A few Diamond questions..?/ A few ..TURNING Diamond questions... ??

Sooo , I am turning Diamond after 3 more cruise days. It is my understanding that I officially turn diamond after the cruise in which I reach the necessary # of days (80) to be considered Diamond,, sittimg at 77 points I am considering booking a 4 day cruise followed by a 7 day cruise departing 2 days later ..

Sooo a couple questions .../ assumptions...?

I am assuming that if i book these 2 cruises simultaneously that I will likely not recieve the diamond 'booking 'benefit ' on the second cruise at booking, as I am not technically diamond until after cruise #1 is completed...

Question 2 ... Will I have any issue receiving Diamond 'Onboard' benefits for cruise #2  ... ie 4 free drinks per day  , or will it be a battle to get what is deserved at boarding cruise #2 ?

Has anyone experienced this situation ?

You will not get D savings if you book them at the same time.  Gotta be D when you book it.  

You will get the benefits on cruise 2

Go to the loyalty ambassador onboard and explain.  They will update it for you.   

• Like 1

I have seen problems in my last 3 sailings since October ..when it comes to dining...I have been confirmed for early dining , table for 2 on all 3 sailings, and 3 for 3 , I have showed up and not even had a table  ..

Soooo... definitely not expecting a smooth transition to Diamond

1 hour ago, LobsterStalker said:

My concern is it would not be updated automatically...

would you agree with that assumption ?

It would not be updated that quickly.  That is the reason that topnole told you to speak to the Loyalty Ambassador.  They can verify your new point level.  

Perfect Brillo,

That's what I was wondering. I assumed they would not deny my status , But was wondering just how much hassle it was gonna be to get it done.

Embarkation day is proving very busy for me on my last 3 cruises. B2B in October and just returned from Wonder last month.

MDR fails on all 3 that needed to be fixed , and also was supposed to have strawberries and champagne waiting on arrival to stateroom , and again 3 for 3 Failed . I'm hoping to not have to spend much more of the day trying to resolve this next issue.... Though it will definitely be the most important to get settled.  :) 

Cheers

This happened to us last year. We were booked on an Artic TA in September. We wanted to be Diamond for that cruise so we booked the cruise before that one, making it a B2B. When we booked the first leg we asked the Crown and Anchor person that exact question, would we be Diamond for the second leg she said YES, but we needed to speak with the Crown and Anchor person on the ship on the first leg and let them know the situation that we would be Diamond on the second leg. 

Well, we did exactly that and it took a day or two but we ended up with the Diamond benefits although on paper we had to wait for the official paperwork to get done.

Cheers

Len

3 minutes ago, Giantfan13 said:

Well, we did exactly that and it took a day or two but we ended up with the Diamond benefits although on paper we had to wait for the official paperwork to get done.

So in the meantime were you able to use your drink vouchers Etc. ?

Or did they reimburse you after the fact ?

How did that work out ?

25 minutes ago, brillohead said:

I have changed a level when on consecutive cruises.  The Loyalty Ambassador was able to confirm the status and print me a new card right then and there. 

New card?  Who has a card?

I have been a Diamond member for a few sailings now.  When we finally got back to sailing in August 2022 in a balcony cabin, RCCL did not give us double points due to our first cruise that we had booked during the double points sailing we cancelled and booked a longer cruise outside the double point window rather than them just make a change to the first reservation.  RCCL did not change the sailing but cancelled the reservation and made a new reservation which was after their double points promotion.  I know that double points could be given on the sailing as our cruise was the same cruise that "Super Mario" was on for his 10,000 point sailing and he talked about the double points.  Needless to say, I am not happy about losing the 8 cruise points that I should have gotten.  Now I am not as proud of all the people that I have gotten to take RCCL sailing rather and someone else.  Those cruising are now over 100 cruises made by people that have sailed with us or we have converted to RCCL.

11 minutes ago, LobsterStalker said:

So in the meantime were you able to use your drink vouchers Etc. ?

Or did they reimburse you after the fact ?

How did that work out ?

Yes, we were issued a sea pass card that had us as Diamond and we enjoyed all the benefits of it. If I went onto the app and looked up our designation it was still Emerald, but in reality, we were Diamond.

Cheers

Len

1 hour ago, LobsterStalker said:

Where would I find the loyalty ambassador onboard ?

The daily bulletin lists the Loyalty desk, where it is, and what hours they are there. I would definitely go and see them on the first leg, tell them the situation, and that you will have enough points after this cruise to become Diamond on the next leg. If you don't get a Diamond card when checking in for the second leg then immediately go see the Loyalty rep and tell them (if on a different ship) the situation and you were told you would have Damond status on this cruise. it should be no problem.

Cheers

Len

34 minutes ago, LobsterStalker said:

Perfect Brillo,

That's what I was wondering. I assumed they would not deny my status , But was wondering just how much hassle it was gonna be to get it done.

Embarkation day is proving very busy for me on my last 3 cruises. B2B in October and just returned from Wonder last month.

MDR fails on all 3 that needed to be fixed , and also was supposed to have strawberries and champagne waiting on arrival to stateroom , and again 3 for 3 Failed . I'm hoping to not have to spend much more of the day trying to resolve this next issue.... Though it will definitely be the most important to get settled.  :) 

Cheers

There will be hours posted on their desk.

Expect a line. I've waited over a hour. People want to talk about their amenity, and whatever. Get there before their hours open?

1 hour ago, firefly333 said:

There will be hours posted on their desk.

Expect a line. I've waited over a hour. People want to talk about their amenity, and whatever. Get there before their hours open?

Ya , I try not to be negative and worry about things before they happen,(or don't happen), but with my recent experiences onboard I admit... I will hope for the best... but be expecting the worst .

Hopefully I'll be able to board very early and try and get ahead of the rush so not too much of my day  will have to be wasted

...Oh the struggles we have to put up with in this cruising lifestyle :)) 

29 minutes ago, LobsterStalker said:

Ya , I try not to be negative and worry about things before they happen,(or don't happen), but with my recent experiences onboard I admit... I will hope for the best... but be expecting the worst .

Hopefully I'll be able to board very early and try and get ahead of the rush so not too much of my day  will have to be wasted

...Oh the struggles we have to put up with in this cruising lifestyle :)) 

Then I assume you are not waiting for the loyalty ambassador who has hours and will not be at their station when you board.

Maybe try guest services?

15 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Then I assume you are not waiting for the loyalty ambassador who has hours and will not be at their station when you board.

Maybe try guest services?

I was also wondering about guest services , but since the consensus seemed to be all telling me loyalty department , I wasn't sure what to think .

That poses a similar annoyance as going to guest services on day 1 is definitely ill advised , unless I could actually manage to get there immediately.. and ahead of the chaos.

Anyone else weigh in on this as an option.

Would they be just as likely to be able to help ?

Cheers

3 hours ago, LobsterStalker said:

I was also wondering about guest services , but since the consensus seemed to be all telling me loyalty department , I wasn't sure what to think .

Agree with everyone that has told you to go speak with the LA. GS can not help you with CAS related issues. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, LobsterStalker said:

That poses a similar annoyance as going to guest services on day 1 is definitely ill advised , unless I could actually manage to get there immediately.. and ahead of the chaos.

Anyone else weigh in on this as an option.

Would they be just as likely to be able to help ?

Cheers

Guest Services cannot help with your loyalty level.

On 3/2/2023 at 3:49 PM, SENATE54245 said:

I have been a Diamond member for a few sailings now.  When we finally got back to sailing in August 2022 in a balcony cabin, RCCL did not give us double points due to our first cruise that we had booked during the double points sailing we cancelled and booked a longer cruise outside the double point window rather than them just make a change to the first reservation.  RCCL did not change the sailing but cancelled the reservation and made a new reservation which was after their double points promotion.  I know that double points could be given on the sailing as our cruise was the same cruise that "Super Mario" was on for his 10,000 point sailing and he talked about the double points.  Needless to say, I am not happy about losing the 8 cruise points that I should have gotten.  Now I am not as proud of all the people that I have gotten to take RCCL sailing rather and someone else.  Those cruising are now over 100 cruises made by people that have sailed with us or we have converted to RCCL.

How is it RCI’s (which you referred to incorrectly as RCCL) fault when you booked a new cruise after the cut-off date for double points last year?