how was the food in the mdr on recent serenade sailings.

Kindly asking if anyone has sailed recently on the serenade and had any thoughts of the quality and choices of food since the recent menu changes  in the mdr...We tried to look up the offerings on the various "theme" nights like italian, mexican, caribbean, french, welcome aboard, mediterranean, etc..We just want to have an idea on which nights we should go to chops to get and better meal. thanks very much in advance.....

We were on the Serenade for two cruises in January.  The first cruise was the old menu.  The second cruise had the new menu.  We did not like the new menu at all.  We are very plain eaters and had trouble finding something we liked.  I would suggest looking at the menu in the app and then decide which night to go to Chops.

2 hours ago, Dett said:

We were on the Serenade for two cruises in January.  The first cruise was the old menu.  The second cruise had the new menu.  We did not like the new menu at all.  We are very plain eaters and had trouble finding something we liked.  I would suggest looking at the menu in the app and then decide which night to go to Chops.

thanks, when we looked at the new menus, we saw nights when we would go to bed hungry..After 30 cruises with rccl, we are probably selfish to expect better, but it is what it is. thanks again

36 minutes ago, retired dude said:

oh well, guess no one sailing the serenade anymore.....or if they do, they dont participate on cruise critic.. thanks anyway.

Food is quite subjective, and you posed a generic question about a ship which is less traveled - read the food feedback on some of the other ships and assume Serenade will be similar.

The quality of the food available has not changed but the quantity, or number of choices did change.  Now I have cruised a very long time, and the menu "themes" are not something new.  It is different, but not new.  I looked at them, and I'm ok with it.  If a person is a no frills type of eater, than sure, it might nto be for you, but honestly, all this complaining is annoying to read.  

Now the only thing that is right is the quality of the food over 30 years did change......but this new menu does not change the quality like from 30 years ago.  It is still a mass market, banquet type food made on assembly lines in the kitchen. 

• Like 1

I do not know what night it is but on Mexican night, do not walk but run to specialty dining. Cruise ships, regardless 

of line, are absolutely clueless as to how to make Mexican food. Which is quite funny considering how much time they spend in Mexico. It is not difficult to prepare delicious Mexican food. I don't know where they get their recipes from or who teaches them but every, and i mean every dish they serve is so far off the mark,  it is actually comical.  Save yourself the grief and go to Chops or to anywhere besides the MDR.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, retired dude said:

oh well, guess no one sailing the serenade anymore.....or if they do, they dont participate on cruise critic.. thanks anyway.

Wow, you give up quick.🤣🤣

We sailed Feb 4

MDR was ok, i ordered wrong one night and it was awful (Mint Rissoto)

The Jammer was a big dissapointment 

Last sea day lunch was very good

But I was never hungry, never

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• 1 month later...