Best and Worst Cruise Lines 2023 new survey

BigTimeCruiser

Really hard to believe this survey.  Who are the 1700 passengers, where are they from and what percentage sailed which ships.  Of course small ship luxury brands should score high because you are paying a lot for what you get.  

These travel surveys are basically useless (usually promotional in nature) and you see a wide variety in a lot of different publications with widely varying results.  

Thanks for the share though because the pictures were interesting.

Edited by PrincessLuver

Looking at some of the categories the ratings really do not make much sense for example itineraries.  Princess which has some fairly wide ranging routes is ranked lower than some lines that primarily hit a relatively small selection of ports.  

UK focused paper = UK audience which may not match up with US preferences.

I have sailed on several of the lines listed and there are some that I would not sail on again.

Kind of reminds me of the beauty contest surveys each year where all of the companies tell their passengers to be sure to vote for them.

You need to know that this is a survey carried out by a UK consumer group, made up of upper class Brits, and totally unrepresentative of the UK cruising public.

The sample size is so small as to be meaningless.

Just ignore it.

• Like 3

I’m from the UK and I don’t agree with the rankings at all. How can Royal Caribbean and Carnival place higher than Celebrity and Princess? And how can one compare small luxury ships with larger mainstream lines?

Also Celebrity does not have better itineraries than Princess, very strange scoring. 

Anyone care to guess how the TOP RANKED cruise line got ZERO STARS for Onboard Activities, Entertainment and Social Atmosphere?  I guess they have really comfy beds because it appears that there is no reason to leave your cabin! 🤣

38 minutes ago, JimmyVWine said:

Anyone care to guess how the TOP RANKED cruise line got ZERO STARS for Onboard Activities, Entertainment and Social Atmosphere?  I guess they have really comfy beds because it appears that there is no reason to leave your cabin! 🤣

Noble Caledonian is very much a niche cruise line  - their ships usually have no more than 200/250 passengers. As I understand it, their ambience is very much country hotel. The highlight of the evening is likely to be a piano recital, not a production show.

Shows the futility of these rankings - trying to compare apples and pears.

• Like 1

On 3/3/2023 at 4:56 PM, Cruise Raider said:

Wow, I’m kind of shocked they got such a low rating.  We enjoy our princess cruises immensely!  

I’m shocked that so many people who hate Princess so much and revel in their bad reviews, hang out in the Princess forum with such stalker-ish dedication.  It’s kina kreepy.  

• Like 2