Solarium adults only... Not so much. 😐

want2seaitall

From the original post :

"Do they allow kids 4-7 everyday? Kind of defeats the purpose of an adult only area. They have an ENTIRE main pool area to use! And of course people bend the rules. Already had a dad place a tot in the hot tub at 2 pm to splash around with my husband and I."

followed later by :

"Things escalated to the family members encouraging the child to jump in the hot tub to purposely splash me. The father then said to my husband he is going to make it his personal mission to destroy our trip."

Nothing to do with taking school age children out of school, so just how has this topic got and stayed so far off topic?

Perhaps it is time for it to be closed to further comment.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Baynanno1 said:

From the original post :

"Do they allow kids 4-7 everyday? Kind of defeats the purpose of an adult only area. They have an ENTIRE main pool area to use! And of course people bend the rules. Already had a dad place a tot in the hot tub at 2 pm to splash around with my husband and I."

followed later by :

"Things escalated to the family members encouraging the child to jump in the hot tub to purposely splash me. The father then said to my husband he is going to make it his personal mission to destroy our trip."

Nothing to do with taking school age children out of school, so just how has this topic got and stayed so far off topic?

Perhaps it is time for it to be closed to further comment.

If you want this thread shut down isn't there a Report button, or am I thinking of somewhere else?

I could care less if they go to school at all, as long as they keep the diapers out of the hot tub.  And don't run screaming around the ship.  I love kids.  If they behave, I'll behave.

55 minutes ago, Wakepatrol said:

Forget the solarium. It’s midnight at the

martini bar, there’s kids, it’s Midnight at Eden there’s kids. What time do they go to sleep?

LOL,

I often think when I'm bothered by younger people's behavior that my real issue isn't annoyance at what they're doing, but jealousy that I'm not/can't.  🙂

Harris

Denver, CO

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, omeinv said:

LOL,

I often think when I'm bothered by younger people's behavior that my real issue isn't annoyance at what they're doing, but jealousy that I'm not/can't.  🙂

Harris

Denver, CO

What ARE you talking about?  I can run around the ship naked and poop in the pool.  No jealousy involved.

1 hour ago, zitsky said:

What ARE you talking about?  I can run around the ship naked and poop in the pool.  No jealousy involved.

I’ve read the dress code threads here.  I’m not going out in something with all those wrinkles!   😂

Harris

Denver, CO

• Haha 3

16 hours ago, zitsky said:

Who is staying home?  The people with kids?  Or the people without?

Well it won't be me ! My next cruise will be with my "kids" and my granddaughter.

And all this moaning about no kids in the Solarium is tiring and pointless. This board use to be a place where newbies could gain useful information about Celebrity. Lately it has become a haven for "KARENS", i would also include the OP in this category

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, highway180 said:

Well it won't be me ! My next cruise will be with my "kids" and my granddaughter.

And all this moaning about no kids in the Solarium is tiring and pointless. This board use to be a place where newbies could gain useful information about Celebrity. Lately it has become a haven for "KARENS", i would also include the OP in this category

Why are there rules on a cruise ship, anyway?  That’s so elitist.

• Like 1

Just now, zitsky said:

Why are there rules on a cruise ship, anyway?  That’s so elitist.

My point was kids aren't allowed in the Solarium pools , unless noted, which is fine by me, but they are allowed to go to the Solarium. My wife enjoys taking my granddaughter to the Aqua spa cafe( which is located in the Solarium) and sit there and enjoy whatever they choose to try. Nothing elitist here.

It's just the constant complaining here.....

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, highway180 said:

My point was kids aren't allowed in the Solarium pools , unless noted, which is fine by me, but they are allowed to go to the Solarium. My wife enjoys taking my granddaughter to the Aqua spa cafe( which is located in the Solarium) and sit there and enjoy whatever they choose to try. Nothing elitist here.

It's just the constant complaining here.....

Where did you get the idea that children are allowed in the Solarium?  Because Celebrity seems to think it is adults only.

https://www.celebritycruises.com/cruise-ships/celebrity-edge/onboard-experience/resort-deck

Find an intimate space at the reimagined, adults-only Solarium.”

Edited by zitsky
  • Like 1

The Solaruim pool area yes., but not the cafe.

The spa cafe is complimentary dining....just like the Ocean view Cafe, which allow kids.

The Cafe is located in the Solarium. Most kids would go for the junk food, my granddaughter surprisingly doesn't.

Although i have to admit, I've yet to sail on an E class ship. The link you sent was for the Edge.

Maybe the setup is different.

The whole argument is pointless, now that they've changed the rules.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, highway180 said:

but it is in the same location ?????

Perhaps Celebrity should paint some yellow lines, not to be crossed at certain times??

LOL

It is not hard to tell the difference between where the Spa Café seating is and the Solarium seating is located.  There are no loungers in the Spa Café.  There is no pool or hot tubs in the Spa Café   

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, DaKahuna said:

It is not hard to tell the difference between where the Spa Café seating is and the Solarium seating is located.  There are no loungers in the Spa Café.  There is no pool or hot tubs in the Spa Café   

Close enough to hear all the old folks snoring while trying to enjoy our snack !

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, highway180 said:

The Solaruim pool area yes., but not the cafe.

The spa cafe is complimentary dining....just like the Ocean view Cafe, which allow kids.

The Cafe is located in the Solarium. Most kids would go for the junk food, my granddaughter surprisingly doesn't.

Although i have to admit, I've yet to sail on an E class ship. The link you sent was for the Edge.

Maybe the setup is different.

The whole argument is pointless, now that they've changed the rules.

I have seen pics of the family time sign from 4-7 I think it was.  I have not seen something about kids allowed outside of those hours.  Is that what you mean by changing the rules?

Just now, highway180 said:

Close enough to hear all the old folks snoring while trying to enjoy our snack !

If I were you, I would cancel your cruise until Celebrity gets rid of adult only areas.  Maybe you could write to Lisa and give her your feedback?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, zitsky said:

I have seen pics of the family time sign from 4-7 I think it was.  I have not seen something about kids allowed outside of those hours.  Is that what you mean by changing the rules?

That is correct, some have said it is a smaller window of 4-6, 4-5, depending upon the sailing.

Nobody likes change, but if the rules change, so must we. Either way, it's not a deal breaker for me.

7 minutes ago, highway180 said:

That is correct, some have said it is a smaller window of 4-6, 4-5, depending upon the sailing.

Nobody likes change, but if the rules change, so must we. Either way, it's not a deal breaker for me.

See here’s the thing.  There are many of us who have no problem with rule changes.  But we expect EVERYONE to follow them.  

• Like 1