Solarium adults only... Not so much. 😐

want2seaitall

11 hours ago, omeinv said:

And I suppose if they wanted to be around Coffin-Dodgers, they'd sail Holland America; yet here we are learning to coexist. 

Harris

Denver, CO

remember that someday when you are as you say a coffin dodger. it arrives quicker than you think.

• Like 4

21 hours ago, cruiserjt said:

I could have written this myself!  I am a new empty nester heading out on my first cruise with just my husband in a couple months. Agree with you 100%. The cruise line is trying to make everyone happy - at the expense of making everyone unhappy. Enforce the rules and do not allow children in hot tubs and in the solarium - BUT provide good alternatives for families - there is so much more for kids to do than swim in a tiny pool on a cruise ship.

Yes this family hours policy is a good example of The Needs of the Few Outweighing the Needs of the Many.  Reverse Spock logic!👽

• Like 6

Rude people aside, I guess we have sailed Disney so much we are pretty much used to it. I will say though that the the times that they chose were at least at a non peak time where many would be getting ready for dinner or a show. It could be worse and they could have allowed it during peak times during the middle of the day.

I do agree with everyone though that it should be adult only, but unfortunately like Disney, all cruise lines are hesitant to enforce their own policies, so the guests get away with it. Also the entitlement on cruises can be at an all time high which also leads to altercations and guests constantly ignoring the rules. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, miched said:

I caught a person peeing in the hot tub.  I yelled so loud at him that it spooked him and he almost fell in.  😱

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

Which I why I don't use hot tubs...some take their daily bath 😕 (without soap ) in them.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, miched said:

I caught a person peeing in the hot tub.  I yelled so loud at him that it spooked him and he almost fell in.  😱

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

I thought you were going to say, it also scared the crap out of him. 😁

• Haha 12

Admittedly this is my first cruise in a while. But the strangeness of the rules they decide to enforce are odd. They let a kid use the hot tub as a plunge pool during adult hours but I just got told that I'm not allowed to have my little fruit plate at the sunset bar in the back of the ship. I kindly took my plate and went and found a table without problem but just strange in my experience on this particular cruise the rules they choose to enforce and the rules they choose to ignore.

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, want2seaitall said:

Admittedly this is my first cruise in a while. But the strangeness of the rules they decide to enforce are odd. They let a kid use the hot tub as a plunge pool during adult hours but I just got told that I'm not allowed to have my little fruit plate at the sunset bar in the back of the ship. I kindly took my plate and went and found a table without problem but just strange in my experience on this particular cruise the rules they choose to enforce and the rules they choose to ignore.

Agree. Consistently inconsistent. Unfortunately those so called parents that are allowing their kids to do as you described are the real problem. Rules for thee, but not for me. Their kids are following by example. Note all this on your PCS with ratings that reflect it as I blame the staff for not having the stones to stop it. It's been years since we've been in a hot tub or pool no matter where on the ship. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, davekathy said:

Agree. Consistently inconsistent. Unfortunately those so called parents that are allowing their kids to do as you described are the real problem. Rules for thee, but not for me. Their kids are following by example. Note all this on your PCS with ratings that reflect it as I blame the staff for not having the stones to stop it. It's been years since we've been in a hot tub or pool no matter where on the ship. 

We'll be cruising with Royal in May on a Canadian itinerary. It'll be interesting to compare. From what I'm hearing all of the cruise lines have gone down hill. May be time to switch to the smaller ships for my hubs and I. 

2 minutes ago, want2seaitall said:

We'll be cruising with Royal in May on a Canadian itinerary. It'll be interesting to compare. From what I'm hearing all of the cruise lines have gone down hill. May be time to switch to the smaller ships for my hubs and I. 

IMO, time of year is a huge factor. Our fall cruises on Celebrity and RC are different from our Spring cruises. Also longer cruises. Boarding the Apex on Saturday.  

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, davekathy said:

IMO, time of year is a huge factor. Our fall cruises on Celebrity and RC are different from our Spring cruises. Also longer cruises. Boarding the Apex on Saturday.  

Have fun! Aside from our dining staff, I'm utterly unimpressed. One night our cabin steward took all our dirty towels and left us with none. So in the morning I went to take a shower and realized I had no towels... None. So my husband contacted our steward to let her know that we don't have any towels. She said okay well after I'm done finishing my breakfast I'll bring you some towels. 😂😂😂 I'm waiting for my massage at the spa right now. They asked that I arrive 15 minutes early... Going on  3/4 hour waiting staring at a wall. I was going to take advantage of the future cruise credit... No thanks. 

2 hours ago, cgolf1 said:

Rude people aside, I guess we have sailed Disney so much we are pretty much used to it. I will say though that the the times that they chose were at least at a non peak time where many would be getting ready for dinner or a show. It could be worse and they could have allowed it during peak times during the middle of the day.

I do agree with everyone though that it should be adult only, but unfortunately like Disney, all cruise lines are hesitant to enforce their own policies, so the guests get away with it. Also the entitlement on cruises can be at an all time high which also leads to altercations and guests constantly ignoring the rules. 

Surely Disney may have lots of kids, but I would hope they still don't allow diapers in the hot tub, right?

6 minutes ago, want2seaitall said:

Have fun! Aside from our dining staff, I'm utterly unimpressed. One night our cabin steward took all our dirty towels and left us with none. So in the morning I went to take a shower and realized I had no towels... None. So my husband contacted our steward to let her know that we don't have any towels. She said okay well after I'm done finishing my breakfast I'll bring you some towels. 😂😂😂 I'm waiting for my massage at the spa right now. They asked that I arrive 15 minutes early... Going on  3/4 hour waiting staring at a wall. I was going to take advantage of the future cruise credit... No thanks. 

We will. 

SMH while reading your experiences. 

• Like 1

Guest CunucuMom
14 minutes ago, want2seaitall said:

An hour waiting for my spa treatment. I am going to go up and cancel. Unbelievable. 

It just never seems to end for you this trip.  I'm getting closer to thinking we should just ditch our deposit and cancel our cruise (final payment due June).  Btw, since I'm a newbie, what is the issue with the fruit plate at the Sunset bar?

2 minutes ago, CunucuMom said:

It just never seems to end for you this trip.  I'm getting closer to thinking we should just ditch our deposit and cancel our cruise (final payment due June).  Btw, since I'm a newbie, what is the issue with the fruit plate at the Sunset bar?

To each their own but I wouldn't cancel. I would never book or not book a cruise based on another's positive or negative experiences or opinions.  

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, zitsky said:

Surely Disney may have lots of kids, but I would hope they still don't allow diapers in the hot tub, right?

I honestly don't remember but just looked it up and kids needed to be toilet trained to enter the pools and hot tubs. Swim diapers only allowed in splash areas. Was it enforced well, I don't remember as our last Disney cruise was 2016. That said we did see their kids pool close a few times for a cleaning so I would guess some parents didn't follow the rules lol.

1 hour ago, want2seaitall said:

Wow you guys can't catch a break on this trip. Our Edge trip last month, all of the staff was amazing, perhaps we just got lucky.

4 hours ago, horseymike said:

remember that someday when you are as you say a coffin dodger. it arrives quicker than you think.

I am one now, and have no children.  My point was a poster referred to children as "Rug Rats", and the complaints here have gone far afield from children in the solarium.  In my experience, I've seen far more rude adults than rude children or parents on Celebrity cruises; and far more adults violating the rule in the solarium against excessive noise, than children violating the rules against being present. 

Harris

Denver, CO

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, omeinv said:

I am one now, and have no children.  My point was a poster referred to children as "Rug Rats", and the complaints here have gone far afield from children in the solarium.  In my experience, I've seen far more rude adults than rude children or parents on Celebrity cruises; and far more adults violating the rule in the solarium against excessive noise, than children violating the rules against being present. 

Harris

Denver, CO

How about we agree that both rude adults AND rude children are unacceptable?  

• Like 5