Does NCL offer flavored sparkling water and are they included in Open Bar

Pezeagle

I have the Free at Sea open Bar package and am looking at drink options. I saw a couple of old post that NCL offers the bubly brand of flavored sparkling water. I was wondering if anyone knows if this is true and are they included in the Free at Sea Open Bar package. 

Also, I do not drink soda or alcohol so any other recommendations for non-alcoholic drink options free with the package. 

4 hours ago, Pezeagle said:

I have the Free at Sea open Bar package and am looking at drink options. I saw a couple of old post that NCL offers the bubly brand of flavored sparkling water. I was wondering if anyone knows if this is true and are they included in the Free at Sea Open Bar package. 

Also, I do not drink soda or alcohol so any other recommendations for non-alcoholic drink options free with the package. 

I do not recall seeing AHA flavored sparkling waters available.  You may ask for soda water and a lime, lemon, orange (or possibly other fruit).

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ggTexasGal said:

I do not recall seeing AHA flavored sparkling waters available.  You may ask for soda water and a lime, lemon, orange (or possibly other fruit).

Thanks, that is one thing I am planning but hoping that they have some flavored sparkling waters too. We are going on Encore to Alaska in  June and this is our first time to Alaska and first time on Norwegian. We have done a few on Royal and one on Celebrity and their packages include bottled waters of all kinds so I am trying to figure out what is offered on NCL. 😁

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Pezeagle said:

Thanks, that is one thing I am planning but hoping that they have some flavored sparkling waters too. We are going on Encore to Alaska in  June and this is our first time to Alaska and first time on Norwegian. We have done a few on Royal and one on Celebrity and their packages include bottled waters of all kinds so I am trying to figure out what is offered on NCL. 😁

Unfortunately, NCL is a bit vague about specifics (might be having supply issues).

If you want more "bottled  water" options, you would need to pay for either the Premium Plus beverage pkg, or, the Free At Sea UP package (with additional other perks).

6 hours ago, Pezeagle said:

As an fiy, the Terms and Conditions of the package are here:

https://www.ncl.com/onboard-packages/beverage-packages

There is no water, sparkling or still, included in the FAS Premium Package (which it appears NCL is now calling the "Open Bar Package").   With the package, you could get club soda or, at the bars, soda water from the guns.  And non-alcoholic versions of mixed drinks like piña coladas and daiquiris.

If you don't drink soda or alcohol, you'd be paying a significant service charge on the Beverage Package for very limited options. I believe you can decline the package if you don't want it. 

"Tap" water, which tastes perfectly fine, is free on the ship.  Also free are things like lemonade and similar beverages.  (There are machines in the buffet that dispense these.) 

Good luck with your decision.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Pezeagle said:

We have done a few on Royal and one on Celebrity and their packages include bottled waters of all kinds so I am trying to figure out what is offered on NCL. 😁

See my comment above re NCL.  Celebrity’s “free” beverage package is far better than NCL’s; it includes still and sparkling water, including large bottles of San Pellegrino. 

If you upgrade (more $$) from the free at see drink package up to the premium or plus packages (extra fee) then you will get the bubbly waters.  Last March on Breakaway with the premium package (which is an extra supplement) there were many flavored bubbly water options and also a Starbucks including all their iced teas.   
I would agree with others that the base drink package included in The free at sea is extremely limited and won’t have a lot of options for a non drinker.  Myself, I would either decline it and save the gratuities or upgrade it to the better premium package.  However your cabin mate needs to pick the same thing so that may influence your choice.

Bubly used to be included in the FAS beverage plan--I got it often on my post-covid cruises.  Sometimes, I was lucky and they gave me the entire can, but most often, it was poured into a glass.  When NCL switched to Coke products, it was discontinued as Bubly is a Pepsi product.  I have not seen AHA or other brands of sparking flavored water since the switch over.

• Thanks 1

YMMV, but as recently as Jan 2023 we had fellow passengers getting Bubly flavored sparkling water on the NCL Dawn. It was included in the standard open bar package. That being said, NCL is constantly changing what is available and it may vary ship to ship

3 minutes ago, DCGuy64 said:

We sailed the Epic in December 2022, had the FAS beverage package and NEVER had a problem getting flavored sparkling water, not one single time. For us it was treated like any soft drink.

3 minutes ago, DCGuy64 said:

We sailed the Epic in December 2022, had the FAS beverage package and NEVER had a problem getting flavored sparkling water, not one single time. For us it was treated like any soft drink.

But didn’t NCL switch from Pepsi to Coke starting in 2023?

18 minutes ago, mjkacmom said:

But didn’t NCL switch from Pepsi to Coke starting in 2023?

I read that they did, but it had not been done on our ship by the time we sailed, much to my Coke-loving wife's chagrin, I might add! In any event, I would expect NCL to continue offering flavored sparkling water, regardless of brand.

5 hours ago, Happycrafter123 said:

If you upgrade (more $$) from the free at see drink package up to the premium or plus packages (extra fee) then you will get the bubbly waters.  Last March on Breakaway with the premium package (which is an extra supplement) there were many flavored bubbly water options and also a Starbucks including all their iced teas.   
I would agree with others that the base drink package included in The free at sea is extremely limited and won’t have a lot of options for a non drinker.  Myself, I would either decline it and save the gratuities or upgrade it to the better premium package.  However your cabin mate needs to pick the same thing so that may influence your choice.

A little more extra than I want to spend. I like the mock tails and my spouse drinks so don’t want to downgrade. More just curious about the waters. 😁