The Fleet Report and Daily for Wednesday March 15th, 2023

StLouisCruisers

33 minutes ago, highscar said:

@StLouisCruisersnever mind tripping over the darling pet. Use a flashlight so you don’t step on a deposit he,she left for you.   

We have no pets so I don't have that to worry about.  But Maxine @AncientWanderer might find one underfoot so it's a good thing for her to use her flashlight.

Cruisetimetables.com seems pretty up to date so I'm thinking Volendam is making a straight shot to Port Everglades. 

Paul @kochleffel is so right about the closed eyes part.  If keeping them open 100% of the time is a problem I need to act like Frankenstein with my arms out in front of me to stop me from banging my noggin again!

• Like 9

@StLouisCruisersSandi I am glad you are okay.

I understand not being able to see where you are going.

We will have heavy cardboard all over the living room and bedroom and all over the house.  I have tripped over this stuff so many times.  Luckily I have caught myself each time.  I have four night lights all over the living room.  I get up during the night to use the bathroom, to get a drink of water and whatever.,  if i did not use the nightlights i probably would not be writing this post.

We have not yet been able to sleep in our bedroom.  We are sleeping in two separate rooms and using the guest bathroom.  We waited all day for workers that never showed. It makes me so angry. Now we are told they will be here tomorrow at 8 am.  No work on Friday because of St Patrick’s Day.  For those of you who are not aware, Savannah, Georgia is a big St Patrick’’s Day place.  Parades, lots of traffic and lots of drinking.  So nobody works and everybody parties.  So after tomorrow, we will not see workers until Monday.  Then next week I have to go to Jacksonville for 3 days.  I hope they will be doing whatever they have to do.

I am losing my patience and am exhausted.

Tonight was one of the very few nights that I did not cook and we just ate sandwiches.  Just could not do it.

Anyway, that is where i am.

Take care everyone and good night

Terri

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, StLouisCruisers said:

We have no pets so I don't have that to worry about.  But Maxine @AncientWanderer might find one underfoot so it's a good thing for her to use her flashlight.

Cruisetimetables.com seems pretty up to date so I'm thinking Volendam is making a straight shot to Port Everglades. 

Paul @kochleffel is so right about the closed eyes part.  If keeping them open 100% of the time is a problem I need to act like Frankenstein with my arms out in front of me to stop me from banging my noggin again!

Sandi - I highly recommend these, at least for your route from bed to bathroom.  We’ve put them in master bedroom and hallways.  A little pricey, but they work great at ground level.  Not bright enough to be a bother while sleeping, but enough to keep you from hitting walls.  
image.jpeg.9bc0aa7d1b014086c2969ef48f38e97b.jpeg

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

I want to tell you that @dfishmade my dinner great!, the peppers and onions in the curry hit the spot, and DH said that dinner was fantastic!  The salmon cooked in the curry (not coconut, but masaman) with the veggies, served on top of a small bed of mashed potatoes (yes out a bag instant mashed taters left over from last night) with 4 little piles of peas with mushrooms...OMG, the salmon was great!

He said it was a little spicy, but very tasty.  And the presentation....he said was superb.

I told him he was very welcome, and he can expect another decent meal from me in about 3 months.

Tomorrow is crock pot country style ribs, with a side of beans.  

Tonight I have 3 cats sleeping on the car port.  Fawn is on the porch, Uggles is sleeping in a lawn mower bag, and Bubbles is somewhere.  It's cold out!

@Cruzin TerriCan you get a hot meal delivered?  We almost had sandwiched tonight, but I thought I could us that salmon.  

I keep seeing articles about things that boomers eat that gen X people think are just gross and inedible.  Do you remember coleslaw at Chick Fil A?  They got rid of that and the lemon pie, because young people dont like it.  Why should they get rid of products that older people like, my dollar was a lot harder earned.  Spam?  They wouldnt think of eating it, when Covid hit, the Spam shelves were wiped out!  Well I made something for lunch today that no one but someone my age might eat.

My dad used to buy the canned corned beef, and make corn beef salad sandwiches.  I had an urge. I made it for lunch.  I added chopped red pepper, onion, dill pickles, bread and butter pickles, and celery.  A large blop of Guldens and mayo.  It was so yummy!  Tomorrow I wil serve it on toast, with a melted Tillanook sharp cheddar slice on it.  Double yum!

I wanted to take a picture of dinner, it deserved it, but it was so good, the plate was empty too soon.  All that was left was the fish skin.

• Like 7

5 hours ago, Cruising-along said:

Good afternoon everybody,

I have a question for anyone who has made a payment on a cruise lately.  We've decided to make payments on the Grand Australia and pay it off by June 1 to save 3%.  We have a pile of gift cards from both HAL and AARP.  DH planned to make the payments online himself instead of bothering anyone at HAL.

When he tried making a payment, even though he went through the correct booking, it instead took him directly to our next cruise (which is already paid off).  That happened several times.  Then instead of that, he got a "Bad Request" error message.  Just wondering if anyone has heard if HAL is having a problem with that part of their website.

He got it done by calling and giving all the gift card numbers over the phone, so the first payment is done at least.  It took awhile but done.

When I recently tried to pay for the second segment, a B2B, of my cruise it kept going to the first segment which was already paid for. I kept trying because it was the weekend and I really didn’t want to wait until that Monday to call since I knew I’d just have to leave a message for my PCC. I was finally able to make the payment so thank goodness I didn’t have to call. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Sharon in AZ said:

When I recently tried to pay for the second segment, a B2B, of my cruise it kept going to the first segment which was already paid for. I kept trying because it was the weekend and I really didn’t want to wait until that Monday to call since I knew I’d just have to leave a message for my PCC. I was finally able to make the payment so thank goodness I didn’t have to call. 

Thanks Sharon.  So you just kept trying over and over until it went to the right segment?  It's crazy how it tries to go to something already paid off. In our case, on the third try it came up with the error message. 😞  

• Like 5

1 hour ago, marshhawk said:

My dad used to buy the canned corned beef, and make corn beef salad sandwiches.  I had an urge. I made it for lunch.  I added chopped red pepper, onion, dill pickles, bread and butter pickles, and celery.  A large blop of Guldens and mayo.  It was so yummy!  Tomorrow I wil serve it on toast, with a melted Tillanook sharp cheddar slice on it.  Double yum!

I have done the sort of same thing but with Vienna sausage. My DM would take a piece of Rainbow white bread, slather it with butter and layer sliced Vienna sausages, fold it in half and that was my lunch. Fat on fat on fluffy bread but so good. No wonder I love butter so much!  Yours sounds yummy too. 

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, Cruising-along said:

Thanks Sharon.  So you just kept trying over and over until it went to the right segment?  It's crazy how it tries to go to something already paid off. In our case, on the third try it came up with the error message. 😞  

Yes, and I should have mentioned that I was paying with a credit card not gift cards. I put the deposit down on a Friday, tried several times on Saturday to pay and on Sunday it finally worked. So maybe waiting until the next day was the answer, not sure. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1