Great deal on Horizon - will the inside room be okay?

LoriAB

Hi friends! Just got an amazing deal on 8 day southern Caribbean in December. Never did that long in an inside room. Had to choose between forward (very forward) deck 9 or mid deck 1. I chose the deck 9, because I don’t like the idea of being that low on the ship. Will I be sorry? I just couldn’t pass up the deal that I got. $500 for 2 with $200 OBC. Tell me what I’m going to love about Horizon! Also, if I waitlist for early dining, what are my chances? (Anytime right now) Thanks!

• Like 2

Deck 9 is under the lido, so location is convenient. And since you are forward, you are not right under it, which is good. The Horizon is a fantastic ship, though I think the best thing about it is the Havana area. Which unfortunately you are not booked in. The ropes course and the sky bikes are cool, though. As for whether you will get early dining, no one can tell you that. Your Time Dining (what Carnival calls it) tends to be the most popular dining time. So I would be surprised if you can’t get early dining. But again, I’m not psychic. It also depends on what your VIFP level is. Diamonds and Platinums get preference before other statuses. People with FTTF also get preference. 

1 hour ago, LoriAB said:

Hi friends! Just got an amazing deal on 8 day southern Caribbean in December. Never did that long in an inside room. Had to choose between forward (very forward) deck 9 or mid deck 1. I chose the deck 9, because I don’t like the idea of being that low on the ship. Will I be sorry? I just couldn’t pass up the deal that I got. $500 for 2 with $200 OBC. Tell me what I’m going to love about Horizon! Also, if I waitlist for early dining, what are my chances? (Anytime right now) Thanks!

We did the Inaugural TA on Horizon Inside Cabin and loved it. Your location sounds great for the deal you got. Wouldn’t hesitate to go. Cruising_Addic referenced the Havana area. It is true you cannot go in to that pool area but you can enjoy the lovely seating area just outside the Bar and the Bar area also, evening music there was great. 

Guest BasicSailor
2 hours ago, LoriAB said:

. Tell me what I’m going to love about Horizon!

You're going to love Horizon😉period.

4 hours ago, cellfree said:

We did the Inaugural TA on Horizon Inside Cabin and loved it. Your location sounds great for the deal you got. Wouldn’t hesitate to go. Cruising_Addic referenced the Havana area. It is true you cannot go in to that pool area but you can enjoy the lovely seating area just outside the Bar and the Bar area also, evening music there was great. 

We were on the Horizon in February this year.  You can no longer sit in the pool area at all unless you are in a Havana Cabin.  You can get a drink at the outside bar but must take it back inside.  We were nicely asked to leave the area after someone complained we were there. Lots of empty chairs at the time. The Horizon is one of our favorite Ships.

50 minutes ago, Sgwscruiser said:

We were on the Horizon in February this year.  You can no longer sit in the pool area at all unless you are in a Havana Cabin.  You can get a drink at the outside bar but must take it back inside.  We were nicely asked to leave the area after someone complained we were there. Lots of empty chairs at the time. The Horizon is one of our favorite Ships.

I was referencing the area outside the Havana pool area, the Havana bar does not require Havana Cabin proof. You could never sit by the Havana pool unless you had a Havana Cabin. 

• Like 1

There are 2 other pools..... both on Lido Deck.  The aft pool is a bit more relaxing during the day because they do not have Fun Squad "games" or the music from the large screen TV.

You can also spend time outside of your inside cabin up on Deck 15 at the Serenity area or forward on the Promenade Deck where there are additional loungers.

I have only been off of the ship 6 days.  I found the food selection at the Lido Buffet to be vastly improved in quality since a year ago.  The prime rib (served several nights) was tender and tasty.

My impression was that the Lido offerings were very similar to the MDR.

Have a great Horizon cruise....three and one half sea days!

David

we went on my first inside cruise last year, i was very apprehensive not having at least a window and natural light.  wbe e have had a balcony probably 75% of our cruises. 

it turns out the inside was more than ok.  not my preference over oceanview or balcony but the cost savings made it feasible to do 2x as many cruises last year.  cant argue with that! 

the room itself was fine.  big enough.  if you're optimistic it will do fine.  pessimistic and you might be a little bummed.  

Horizon is a great ship, probably my favorite.  love the elevator system that really prevented line jumpers on our cruise.  

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

We just booked Horizon also - still a long time to wait for Spring Break 2024 but it is never to early to start planning 😄  Looking for favorite spots and helpful tips too.

On 3/18/2023 at 10:20 AM, LoriAB said:

All the way forward on deck 9 is a great spot. That means you'll just be a few steps from the "secret deck." Also the deck 9 "secret deck" is the one above the bridge so it has the wings where you go out and see all the way down the sides of the ship. Great spot.

I have 9201 on my Horizon ABC cruise which is one of the ones with the window out to the "secret deck."

Edited by Saint Greg
  • Like 1