Crown Princess....BB balcony....will accomodate 4....with a rollaway bed....how is this set up???

Kelownabccan

My daughter just got upgraded to one of these but trying to find a picture of the room set up for two adults and two children at night is hard to find....anyone know how they set the room up???.......not sure if parents can keep the queen bed figuration??? and the kids sleep where......imagine the rollaway  would go in the closet area by the door during the day???...and during the night under the tv area by the desk???.....or how about on the balcony....lol........the other bed comes out from the wall but where???.....Thanks

It would really help if you were to post the actual cabin number...

That being said...the only arrangement that I have heard of to accommodate 4 people would be the main bed(s) (which can stay as a queen configuration.  Others may jump in and correct me...but I *think* for the 2 kids (you don't give ages) one would be on the sofa which turns into a bed and depending on the cabin (hence the reason we need the cabin number) another bed *can* pull out of the ceiling *over* the sofa.  Or...the sofa may be an actual pull-out bed that sleeps two.  I have never heard of a rollaway bed on the ship...there's just not enough room for one!

Balconies are about the same inside space as an ocean view or interior. There is no sofa on the Crown Princess.  The two bunk beds drop down from the ceiling (not "comes out from the wall".

Most times (and this is something you would need to ask your steward), the queen turns into 2 twins with the bunks above them.  It is really difficult to access the bunks if the bed is in a queen configuration.   Difficult for the stweard to make up the room every day.

A roll away really won't fit in a standard balcony.

Here's a sample of quad rooms on the Ruby (sister ship)

https://www.cruisemummy.co.uk/ruby-princess-cabins/

Edited by cr8tiv1
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, cr8tiv1 said:

Was that an accessible balcony cabin?  I saw one of those forward.  Thought it was strange until I saw the other handicap modifications.  

No, just a standard balcony room.  It's actually a really great room for 4 people.  We have tried standard balconies, deluxe balconies, and mini-suites.  The only room I would absolutely never book again (for 4 people) is the deluxe balcony.

• Thanks 1

Cabin is A518.......sleeps 4......daughter says on the res now they have ordered a rollaway.....so assume one bed does not come down from ceiling???......they need to get a mini suite....lol.....way more room....haha....

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, atobols said:

No, just a standard balcony room.  It's actually a really great room for 4 people.  We have tried standard balconies, deluxe balconies, and mini-suites.  The only room I would absolutely never book again (for 4 people) is the deluxe balcony.

What's the reason for that?

8 minutes ago, Flyinby said:

What's the reason for that?

The room was an aft premium deluxe cabin on the Majestic Princess.  The queen bed was fine.  The other two beds blocked the balcony door.  We had to climb over the pullout couch bed and duck under the drop-down couch to get out onto our balcony.  Also, there was absolutely no floor space when all the beds were deployed.  It was like walking an obstacle course to get from the balcony area beds over to the bathroom on the other side of the room.  The kids had to climb over an end table and the queen bed to get to the bathroom.  It would have been a perfectly fine room for 2 people, just not 4.

Edited by atobols

Balcony cabin for 4 will look like this.

There is no longer the barrel chair in the cabin, and the carpet color is different, but this is otherwise how a 4 berth balcony cabin on Crown will look like.. 

There's no way a rollaway will fit in there.. 

Princess Cruises Caribbean Princess Balcony 4.jpg

Edited by reedprincess

reedprincess.....that looks very doable for 4......but I do not think the room my daughter has have  the two beds out of the ceiling......perhaps only one.....that is why a rollaway bed?......I like the picture you sent......wonder what room that is????.....

I am sure they will all have a great time no matter what the bed configuration is.....but will be cramped....lol.....

atobos......thank for the old post link....will send on to my daughter......looks like what they will have......prob can keep queen if they want and let the steward step on bed and put the ladder at the end to get up on the ceiling bed......... rollaway by the desk and balcony door....crowded but will work I guess......I imagine they will be able to figure out something that works for them......kids are small.....grade one....

2 hours ago, Kelownabccan said:

Cabin is A518.......sleeps 4......daughter says on the res now they have ordered a rollaway.....so assume one bed does not come down from ceiling???......they need to get a mini suite....lol.....way more room....haha....

They may have ordered a roll-away... that does not mean it is confirmed or they will receive one.

Also know that this is a small balcony.

15 hours ago, atobols said:

This was our room set up on the Grand Princess, the room was C518 which is a B2 room.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/R5USNcNgDTJ7VsNz6

The grand princess has an unusual quad layout that wasn't repeated on other grand class ships.  All the other grand class ships (Crown included) have the beds coming out of the sidewall with two drop down bunks above.

• 4 weeks later...

Balcony cabin with rollaway bed...

Grand class ships same as what Crown would be like..

Two twins can be a queen if you prefer, but the ladder would then be at the end of the bed, semi- blocking the hallway to the bathroom 

E528937D-DECD-4C47-B9B6-5BA6D276EBBA.jpeg.0b793daa05dd493c8ee108ba37a7114a.jpeg

Edited by reedprincess

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/20/2023 at 8:02 PM, reedprincess said:

Balcony cabin for 4 will look like this.

There is no longer the barrel chair in the cabin, and the carpet color is different, but this is otherwise how a 4 berth balcony cabin on Crown will look like.. 

There's no way a rollaway will fit in there.. 

Princess Cruises Caribbean Princess Balcony 4.jpg

Can I ask what deck this is? We have a reservation to sail to Alaska on the Crown. We are a family of 4 and are concerned that they are going to give us a rollaway…which would not work. We have room B504 on Baja deck reserved.