Is this b2b2b allowed?

tourismtessy

36 minutes ago, chicgotgame said:

So how are ships going to Hawaii RT from SF/LA with just a stop in Ensenada if your information is accurate.  I know Canada is not considered a distant foreign port. 

Those are closed loop cruises.  Closed loop cruises only have to stop in any foreign port.  

A cruise between two different US cities (with some exceptions for Puerto Rico) must stop in a distant foreign port to comply with the PVSA. 

• Thanks 1

I hope I have not created a similar problem with an upcoming set of cruises. Each of the following are listed as separate cruises but hopefully we have found a work-around? 1st leg-2 day coastal from Seattle to Vancouver. Next leg Vancouver to Hawaii (I know we could not disembark in Hawaii as final destination without violating PSVA but Vancouver to Hawaii is listed as a possible cruise) 3rd leg-Hawaii  to Sydney, AUS.- 4th leg Sydney-Sydney. A few days off and then on to the Majestic. I am never sure who can be trusted at Princess but cruise(s) have been booked and not cancelled by anybody (yet) 🙂

We're about to do our first Princess cruise because of the PVSA. 

Originally wanted to do Celebrity Solstice as a B2B - start in Los Angeles, go to Vancouver for turn around day and then stay on for the first Alaska cruise and disembark in Seattle. 

TA caught it and said no go (even though Celebrity originally said it was fine) so we let it go. This would be seen as one voyage because it's on the same ship.

Checked hotel prices in Vancouver and decided that a lovely 3 day on the Royal Princess would be more cost effective. We'll pick up the Solstice in Vancouver. Changing the lines allows us to do a S2S that works. 

Edited by Chrissit
Add a few words for clarity

24 minutes ago, triple7tahoe said:

1st leg-2 day coastal from Seattle to Vancouver. Next leg Vancouver to Hawaii (I know we could not disembark in Hawaii as final destination without violating PSVA but Vancouver to Hawaii is listed as a possible cruise) 3rd leg-Hawaii  to Sydney, AUS.- 4th leg Sydney-Sydney.

Do you embark one foreign-flagged ship in a U.S. port and disembark in another U.S. port?  NO

(This makes the voyage or series of voyages NOT subject to examination under the PVSA)

23 minutes ago, Chrissit said:

. Changing the lines allows us to do a S2S that works. 

You technically don’t even have to change lines. The rule is specific to an individual vessel.  Any other vessel can be boarded same-day.  The same vessel can be reboarded after 24 full hours. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, VibeGuy said:

You technically don’t even have to change lines. The rule is specific to an individual vessel.  Any other vessel can be boarded same-day.  The same vessel can be reboarded after 24 full hours. 

Maybe I should have said, changing the lines allows us to do a S2S that works for us. You are correct on the other points. 

2 hours ago, chicgotgame said:

So embarking in Seattle if the final cruise of the three disembarked in Seattle, instead of SF it would be ok as it’s a closed loop. 

Yes, if you did a b2b2b that started in Seattle and ended in Seattle it would be fine.

1 hour ago, ldtr said:

Yes, if you did a b2b2b that started in Seattle and ended in Seattle it would be fine.

This is true, BUT, that is why they have repositioning short cruises to get ships up to Alaska.  Example….  LA to Vancouver (satisfies PVSA).  Vancouver to Seattle  (satisfies PVSA).  

b2b LA to Seattle on the same ship (does not satisfies PVSA).

b2b LA to Seattle on different ships (satisfies PVSA).

Seattle round trip b2b (satisfies PVSA)

Vancouver to Hawaii one way (satisfies PVSA)

Hawaii to Australia one way (satisfies PVSA)

Vancouver to Hawaii b2b to Australia (satisfies PVSA)

4 hours ago, triple7tahoe said:

I hope I have not created a similar problem with an upcoming set of cruises. Each of the following are listed as separate cruises but hopefully we have found a work-around? 1st leg-2 day coastal from Seattle to Vancouver. Next leg Vancouver to Hawaii (I know we could not disembark in Hawaii as final destination without violating PSVA but Vancouver to Hawaii is listed as a possible cruise) 3rd leg-Hawaii  to Sydney, AUS.- 4th leg Sydney-Sydney. A few days off and then on to the Majestic. I am never sure who can be trusted at Princess but cruise(s) have been booked and not cancelled by anybody (yet) 🙂

You should be fine.

3 hours ago, Blondilu said:

I apparently didn't understand what a crazy, complicated law this PVSA thing is.  I almost, kind of understand it now. 

On the West Coast coastal cruises - you can't start and end in 2 different US ports. If you remember that, it covers 99% of the situations.

Edited by Coral
  • Like 3

• 1 month later...

I realize this thread went quiet over a month ago so hopefully someone can still help clarify for me. I just booked a 2nd leg on the Royal and based on my reading of the PVSA and what others have said, I THINK I'm okay. If anyone has any insight I would be grateful.

I'm currently booked Vancouver to Seattle then Seattle Round Trip (stopping in Victoria for a foreign port).

I only booked the 2nd leg yesterday so I'm hoping I'm okay and I'm not going to get a call that I have to cancel.

27 minutes ago, rheathslc said:

I realize this thread went quiet over a month ago so hopefully someone can still help clarify for me. I just booked a 2nd leg on the Royal and based on my reading of the PVSA and what others have said, I THINK I'm okay. If anyone has any insight I would be grateful.

I'm currently booked Vancouver to Seattle then Seattle Round Trip (stopping in Victoria for a foreign port).

I only booked the 2nd leg yesterday so I'm hoping I'm okay and I'm not going to get a call that I have to cancel.

If you get on the ship in Vancouver and get off the ship in Seattle - you are fine.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, rheathslc said:

Your trip is considered Vancouver to Seattle with port stops in Seattle and Victoria. You are fine. You board at a foreign port with final disembark at a U.S. port. PVSA concerns itself with sailings between two different U.S. ports. 

• Thanks 1