Star Refurb

23 minutes ago, CruisingSince1982 said:

A third party site is reporting the Star is scheduled for a refurbishment in 3Q 2023. I cannot find that on an "official" list though. Does anyone happen to know if this is true? 

The Star has cruises scheduled for every day from July 3, 2023 through October 3, 2023.  That covers the entire third quarter of the year without any break.  It may be possible that it will be pulled from service for refurbishment and one or more planned cruises may be cancelled, but it seems more likely that its next refurb will occur at a later date.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, www3traveler said:

If you go to Norwegian's website under Explore and scroll on to the Star, it says The Star was refurbished in 2021.  If they go by thier 5 year schedule, next refurbishment would not be until 2026.

Since the Star is over 15 years old, the ship is required to dry dock twice in 5 years.  She would be due for mid-period docking in the Feb to Aug 2024 span.

1 hour ago, chengkp75 said:

Since the Star is over 15 years old, the ship is required to dry dock twice in 5 years.  She would be due for mid-period docking in the Feb to Aug 2024 span.

22 minutes ago, julig22 said:

Lisbon to Portugal

Thank You   I had forgotten about that.

we were on  the star last oct to nov. i was informed we were the last cruise before the star went into dry dock i believe Nov 15 or thereabouts. it was for 3 weeks in marseilles. 

consequently, i dont think another refurbishment is due for a while.

• Thanks 1

On 3/24/2023 at 12:45 PM, chengkp75 said:

Cheng, I have searched for a site that lists NCLs scheduled dry docks and have had no luck locating one.  Do you know of such a listing?

we are doing a 6/24 family cruise on the Dawn, and as none of our family has cruised NCL before I was hoping she might have a new coat of lipstick by then.

58 minutes ago, MagnoliaBlossom said:

Cheng, I have searched for a site that lists NCLs scheduled dry docks and have had no luck locating one.  Do you know of such a listing?

we are doing a 6/24 family cruise on the Dawn, and as none of our family has cruised NCL before I was hoping she might have a new coat of lipstick by then.

I don't know of any site that lists all of NCL's ship dry dock schedule.

I looked at the DNV (the class society) website, and the Dawn was last dry docked in Nov 2022, so isn't scheduled for another until 2025.

8 hours ago, chengkp75 said:

I don't know of any site that lists all of NCL's ship dry dock schedule.

I looked at the DNV (the class society) website, and the Dawn was last dry docked in Nov 2022, so isn't scheduled for another until 2025.

Thanks for the information.  The last time I saw a date for the Dawn it said 2016..

Georgia

On 3/24/2023 at 2:27 PM, Karaboudjan said:

If I am not missing something there is a gap in scheduled cruises between 11/1/23 and 11/12/23.

On 3/24/2023 at 2:35 PM, julig22 said:

Lisbon to Portugal

I thought Lisbon IS in Portugal. 🙃