MSC WORLD EUROPA REPO ABU Dhabi to Genoa on behalf of BEAMAFAR

sidari

5 hours ago, Beamafar said:

Passed the Raj Polo tea house where, it seems, there are a number of people enjoying the high tea experience. 

I assume not like the YC high tea experience, or if it is, for a suitable upcharge?!

4 hours ago, Beamafar said:

However, she returned shortly after to inform us that you cannot pay the difference on drinks here. 

Despite what her screen says? :classic_unsure:

9 hours ago, Captain-John said:

I assume not like the YC high tea experience, or if it is, for a suitable upcharge?!

Despite what her screen says? :classic_unsure:

Yeah - thought that was a strange one. 

The high tea looked very similar to what YC offers - I have no doubt it was for charge.  I will do some research!

18 hours ago, Beamafar said:

To follow up on the drinks package situation while we were delayed in Jeddah; MSC gave a non-refundable OBC of €40 to everyone with PremXtra; €20 for EasyPlus and €10 for Easy.  How they came to those figures, I’ve no idea. 

They work out how much the average guest will stash into their cabin mini fridge to cover for the no alcohol 'day' and deduct same from daily cost of package....rounded down to the nearest ten! 😉

• Haha 2

We entered the Suez Canal this morning.  Here are some of the images I’ve captured while lying in bed, watching the scenery go by (unfortunately had an attack of vertigo this morning, so taking it easy today). 

AAE876A1-37DB-4C58-BAE4-605C39EE9FEA.thumb.jpeg.f14e87a894ca196111a0a35f27390bc8.jpeg

2E557DB3-7730-432C-B47F-87CF019FF5B5.thumb.jpeg.463a43280426647ff3887daeddc24d38.jpeg

B9FF2C1A-B167-400B-B559-F2B95EB76775.thumb.jpeg.b64a38f35b57aac09467aec3cc0a56d3.jpeg

3C7B0377-5430-48E7-955E-617A8CD88568.thumb.jpeg.a764b6cb713cd6483deb7964776cafa3.jpeg

30A588BF-DE63-4EEE-A4D0-2FC766DCFE6B.jpeg

• Like 3

I shouldn't laugh as I can't speak or write a word of Italian, but, I did have a titter at this:

image.png.a7ec6d2a527ad6d37e3ec8d7e1cadb6f.png

€7 does sound reasonable although I wouldn't like the uncertainty around the package for the other drinks.

It does say at the very bottom:

image.png.b795c0ef8a79d372ef106f9bce227154.png

So the inference is anyone having anything above the Easy package should OK, subject to the seperate cap?

• Haha 2

Something to note: if you’re walking along deck 8 from the aft (promenade area) you need to walk along the Fizz side as it’s a dead end at the Garden Kitchen. 

The weather has turned colder since we entered the Med.  Everyone is in jumpers, jackets etc and we had a spot of rain earlier.  As a result, all indoor spaces are packed.  We went to have Afternoon Tea in the Raj Polo and there wasn’t a table to be had. 

On 4/8/2023 at 2:39 PM, Beamafar said:

Something to note: if you’re walking along deck 8 from the aft (promenade area) you need to walk along the Fizz side as it’s a dead end at the Garden Kitchen. 

The weather has turned colder since we entered the Med.  Everyone is in jumpers, jackets etc and we had a spot of rain earlier.  As a result, all indoor spaces are packed.  We went to have Afternoon Tea in the Raj Polo and there wasn’t a table to be had. 

Hope the weather has improved for you Bea.

11 minutes ago, sidari said:

Hope the weather has improved for you Bea.

Not really;  quite cool and windy here.  Not a problem for us; we’re not pool people.  In fact, never even used the sun creams we brought. 🙄🤣

Had to ask again at Guest Services about the Diamond ‘’gift”, having been told some days ago that we would receive it on the next Gala night (which was last night - and no sign).  Now, I’m really not that pushed, but did feel it imperative to share the experience here. 😁

Anyway, the rep gave us our ‘gifts’ -  yet 2 more tote bags 🙄.  (Lost count of how many of those we’ve received through the years.  Seriously, MSC, change it up, please).   Went to lunch and returned to the cabin to discover another 2 bags on the bed. 😆

5F3D9A08-2020-47BA-BFB1-E60AE1DA013F.thumb.jpeg.ab97b573fd5a69a04a5433f3506a69f3.jpeg

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, Beamafar said:

Anyway, the rep gave us our ‘gifts’ -  yet 2 more tote bags 🙄.  (Lost count of how many of those we’ve received through the years.  Seriously, MSC, change it up, please).   Went to lunch and returned to the cabin to discover another 2 bags on the bed. 😆

5F3D9A08-2020-47BA-BFB1-E60AE1DA013F.thumb.jpeg.ab97b573fd5a69a04a5433f3506a69f3.jpeg

Much better that the caps we got once! No real grown up ever wear a cap!

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, sverigecruiser said:

Much better that the caps we got once! No real grown up ever wear a cap!

We did get caps before;  not great quality.   Mr B was gifted even better ones by a very obliging CC member on our Mera New York cruise.   He loves them.  😆

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Beamafar said:

We did get caps before;  not great quality.   Mr B was gifted even better ones by a very obliging CC member on our Mera New York cruise.   He loves them.  😆

The ones we got on the inaugural Seaside sailing out of Miami were really good.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Beamafar said:

....Had to ask again at Guest Services about the Diamond ‘’gift”, having been told some days ago that we would receive it on the next Gala night (which was last night - and no sign).  Now, I’m really not that pushed, but did feel it imperative to share the experience here. 😁

Anyway, the rep gave us our ‘gifts’ -  yet 2 more tote bags 🙄.  

Serves you right for pushing them to deliver!

Seriously though, we have a cupboard full of them although it's better than the pens we once received. 🤣

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, hamrag said:

Serves you right for pushing them to deliver!

Seriously though, we have a cupboard full of them although it's better than the pens we once received. 🤣

Yeah - we’ve got some pens, too.  One good one, with a very nice notebook, one time.   We also got a beautiful book about the Renaissance project when on Armonia.  

49 minutes ago, RBrowny said:

According to Cruise Mapper, it's saying you're in Genoa now. Is this where you get off, if so, I'm going to be bored not knowing what you're getting up too! 😞

We’re currently in Naples.  A lovely warm Spring day.  Tomorrow, Civitavecchia, then disembarkation in Genoa the following day.     

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Beamafar said:

We’re currently in Naples.  A lovely warm Spring day.  Tomorrow, Civitavecchia, then disembarkation in Genoa the following day.     

A few more days then, phew! Have they changed the menus yet for the main dining room, or are they still the same? I imagine the resupply will be much more European goods now.

22 minutes ago, RBrowny said:

A few more days then, phew! Have they changed the menus yet for the main dining room, or are they still the same? I imagine the resupply will be much more European goods now.

The menus aren’t much different to what we’ve seen on other ships in other regions.  I took photos of some over the course of the cruise.  I’ll post them towards the end of the report. 

Just heard a story from a passenger - will be interested to hear if it’s true.   

He was having coffee in the Emporium and a waiter there told him that, when the ship begins its Med sailings, drinks packages will no longer cover the coffees.  This is (apparently) because so many Italians - who drink a lot of coffee - are expected to be onboard.  What he was told was that only YC guests will be covered.