If I book a future cruise on board, how much is the deposit?

Sigyn

I might book a future cruise when I'm on board Harmony of the Seas in a few days. If I do that, is there a reduced deposit? I feel like I've read that there is. What other benefits are offered?

16 minutes ago, njsmom said:

I might book a future cruise when I'm on board Harmony of the Seas in a few days. If I do that, is there a reduced deposit? I feel like I've read that there is. What other benefits are offered?

If you book non refundable it's a $200 deposit and you get $100 obc

If you book refundable it's the full deposit of $500 and a $75 obc

The above is fir booking a 7 night sailing in a balcony. 

Edited by Ourusualbeach
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Wow they're really trying to discourage non-refundable bookings. They must make a pretty good profit off those. 

9 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Thanks for this Ken. I remember reading another post recently that said you could book with a refundable deposit at Next Cruise and still get a little bit of OBC but I couldn't find that information anywhere on Royal's flyers.

Would you happen to know what the amounts are for other room types and sailing lengths?

Looking at 10/11 nights (so I guess that'd be $900 deposit for two?) in either an OV or a basic balcony.

8 hours ago, ARandomTraveler said:

Wow they're really trying to discourage non-refundable bookings. They must make a pretty good profit off those. 

I would say the opposite.  They seem to discourage refundable ones.  I don't even see the OBC amounts for booking refundable.   Back before they had NRD I booked onboard every cruise.  I don't think I have booked onboard since they started NRD since I always book refundable.  Now I have a wonderful TA who finds me group space (refundable) for just about all my trips

Edited by molly361

10 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Isn't it a $100 pp.  

1 hour ago, FionaMG said:

Thanks for this Ken. I remember reading another post recently that said you could book with a refundable deposit at Next Cruise and still get a little bit of OBC but I couldn't find that information anywhere on Royal's flyers.

Would you happen to know what the amounts are for other room types and sailing lengths?

Looking at 10/11 nights (so I guess that'd be $900 deposit for two?) in either an OV or a basic balcony.

Refundable deposits booked on board  

4-5 nights (deposit $200)

- inside/oceanview $15

- balconies/junior suites $25

6-9 nights (deposit $500)

- inside/oceanview $25

- balconies/junior suites $75

10+ nights (deposit $900)

- inside/oceanview $75

- balconies/junior suites $150

• Thanks 2

52 minutes ago, nelblu said:

Isn't it a $100 pp.  

We booked on board a few weeks ago, we chose to book an itinerary and picked a cabin so we paid a deposit of $100pp and received $100 OBC for a 7-night sailing in an ocean view balcony that is available to use pre-cruise. If you chose a future cruise and select the itinerary later it is a $200pp deposit and the OBC amount is dependent upon your cabin category and length of sailing.  

11 hours ago, njsmom said:

What other benefits are offered?

If you chose to book a future cruise and select an itinerary, in addition to the OBC and reduced deposit you will also be given the opportunity to change your sailing up to 2 months after debarkation with no change fees. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, SG65CB said:

it doesn't say it, but grand suite and above nonrefundable deposit is $250 per person. 

And, I believe that the only way you can book a full suite on board is via a non-refundable deposit.

• Like 1

So, as I read it, if I select a book later option, I have one year to make the reservation, which could be for a cruise an additional year or more away?

I believe the person at next cruise told me I had to select and take the cruise within the year (I hadn't seen/paid attention to the brochure before). 

1 minute ago, The Scurvy Pirate said:

So, as I read it, if I select a book later option, I have one year to make the reservation, which could be for a cruise an additional year or more away?

I believe the person at next cruise told me I had to select and take the cruise within the year (I hadn't seen/paid attention to the brochure before). 

One year to choose a specific sailing or you lose your deposit.

Note, however, that to get the OBC you have to convert it to a named sailing within 60 days.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, The Scurvy Pirate said:

Correct, however if you do not select a ship and sail date within 60 days you no longer qualify for the book on board OBC.

The sail date can be any available sailing, It just has to be booked within a year or you lose the $200 deposit.

6 minutes ago, The Scurvy Pirate said:

That is correct. You have to book the cruise within a year but no limit on when you sail. I bought a Book Later certificate in February 2022 and used it a month later to book a cruise that sails in 2024. 

Note that you only get the OBC or discount listed in the chart if yo book within two months of buying the Book Later certificate. 

Edit: well I guess we made that point clear!

Edited by SG65CB

42 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

All suites, GS and above are non refundable regardless of how booked

Thanks. That's what I thought, but since we only book cruises while on board, and always book GS or above, I never really paid any attention to the terms, only that it is always a $500 deposit on 7-nighters or $900 deposit on our longer cruises.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, SG65CB said:

Edit: well I guess we made that point clear!

I think we truly did. If anyone was in any doubt at all, there should be no further confusion in their minds now! 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

15 hours ago, molly361 said:

I would say the opposite.  They seem to discourage refundable ones.  I don't even see the OBC amounts for booking refundable.   Back before they had NRD I booked onboard every cruise.  I don't think I have booked onboard since they started NRD since I always book refundable.  Now I have a wonderful TA who finds me group space (refundable) for just about all my trips

D'oh! Sorry, that's what I meant - they're encouraging non-refundable, and discouraging refundable. 

• Like 1

Oh, you should be aware that some cruises do not qualify for the reduced non-refundable deposit, at least the last time it affected me.  A friend of mine back in 2019 booked a cruise to Bermuda and the deposit was not reduced and was the standard 250/person for non-refundable.  One of the reasons I did not book it with my friend.  But i ended up going anyways.