Looking for advice on transportation from FLL hotel to cruise port in FLL for RC cruise

woods1967

I am looking for opinions on the best (least stressful) ways for transportation from a hotel in Ft. Lauderdale Florida to the RC cruise port terminal in Fort Lauderdale. I was thinking about Uber/Lyft or possibly ideas for a private company that might do that in that area. I am a little more interested in knowing the details of after the cruise and being picked up and taken to the FLL airport after the cruise and where they would pick you up for that after the cruise. Any info and advise would be appreciated. 

we have numerous trips from the Ft Lauderdale terminal..  for us an UBER driver has always been on time and a worry free trip to the terminal..  we use a taxi from the airport and a uber from a hotel.. not sure how far your hotel is but we could always see the ships from the hotel.. 

• Like 1

I have been using Uber almost exclusively for several years.  I like having my own private transportation and not having to wait for others.  I also like not having the pushy-shovey luggage thing before and after the shuttle.

Even if the hotel includes a shuttle, I will opt to pay the extra $10-$15 for an Uber.

After the cruise, I think the WORST transportation option is a bus or van.  You have wait for it to load up.  With the van,  the driver frequently stops at multiple piers.

I use this when I'm planning my hotel / air / transportation:  https://www.uber.com/global/en/price-estimate/

PCUR--We will be on the Symphony of the Seas out of FLL so in your past experiences which terminal and area did Uber come and pick you up at desembarkation? I like the idea of private transport myself.

Edited by woods1967
spelling

5 minutes ago, woods1967 said:

PCUR--We will be on the Symphony of the Seas out of FLL so in your past experiences which terminal and area did Uber come and pick you up at desembarkation? I like the idea of private transport myself.

I've been at pier 19 and 25 in Port Everglades, and both times it's walk out and get picked up, usually to the left.  Just ask the port staff person as you exit.  I used the Uber app, and always describe what I'm wearing.  That way the driver sees me before I see them.  I've found a lot of Uber cars don't have front license plates.

I have found grabbing a taxi leaving Port Everglades to FLL to be the easier and quite reasonable. Taxi drivers have no need for a map app and navigate the airport seamlessly.  I also don't need to figure what which white Kia is my Uber 

For us, the Uber experience at both the airport (to the hotel) and at Port Everglades (from PE to FLL) is just too frenetic, loud, cramped etc. Many people swear by it, but for us it's not worth it. Taxis at both locations are lined up and available in minutes, if not seconds. No need to figure out which white Kia is your Uber ;o)  From the hotel to PE, however, hands down Uber is easy and cheap.

On 3/31/2023 at 8:06 AM, pcur said:

I've found a lot of Uber cars don't have front license plates.

No cars registered in Florida have front license plates.

Edited by capriccio