E-class clothesline in bathroom?

charleysmom

Getting so excited… One week from today we will be sailing on the Apex! Wondering if the bathrooms on board have a retractable clothesline in the shower area? If not, suggestions on where to let bathing suits dry? We’re in a Sky Suite if that makes a difference. Thanks!!!

Not in SVs on Apex. Don't know about suites.

Rolling a wet suit in a towel and getting a lot of the water out will help. We put wrung-out suits on hangers on the hooks on the bathroom door.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Texter2 said:

I believe we had a retractable line in our OV on Apex. We also took the magnetic hooks for the walls and they worked well. 

I you sure about that? I find it hard to believe they would put clotheslines in the shower stall in an OV cabin but not in the IV or Sky Suites. I've been on all three E-Class ships and none of the shower stalls had clotheslines, including the Beyond.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, kwokpot said:

I you sure about that? I find it hard to believe they would put clotheslines in the shower stall in an OV cabin but not in the IV or Sky Suites. I've been on all three E-Class ships and none of the shower stalls had clotheslines, including the Beyond.  

Not positive, but thought I remember hanging laundry in the shower. I do remember that the IV was a great place to dry clothes! The magnetic hooks recommended on CC work very well too.

Just now, Texter2 said:

Not positive, but thought I remember hanging laundry in the shower. I do remember that the IV was a great place to dry clothes! The magnetic hooks recommended on CC work very well too.

There are two little chrome pegs in lieu of a clotheslines. That's probably what you hung your clothes on.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Texter2 said:

In our shower on the Apex (DPV) there were two knobs to hand things on. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Texter2 said:

Here's a video where it shows the two chrome pegs in the shower stall. 

• Thanks 1

We always travel with a travel clothesline, like the one below, though ours has both suction cups and velcro on the ends, so it can be attached pretty much anywhere. Fits in a small zip lock bag.  No worrying about what a ship or hotel may have in terms of a clothesline (or whether, as a short person I can even reach it).   🙂 

https://store.ricksteves.com/shop/p/travel-clothesline

I had a stretchy clothes line with hooks on the ends on the Beyond. I intended to use magnetic hooks and stretch it in between. However there are holes in the tops of the infinite veranda folding doors that allow you to put the end hooks in and stretch the line across from one side to the other. It worked out great. I checked the Edge last week and it had the same thing. 

We were in a Sky Suite on Apex last December. Unfortunately, our luggage was stolen at the airport, so I did a lot of hand laundry during our cruise. (Thankfully we had some clothes in our carry-on bag along with medicine, etc.)

I used the gray pool/Solarium towels to remove as much moisture as I could, then hung clothes, swim suites, etc. from  hangers. Everything dried quickly overnight.

IMG_20221205_121756936_HDR.jpg

Edited by MarKay525
  • Like 1

We invested in metal hooks from Amazon.  Works better than clothesline.  Hang from ceiling.  

I got this tip from cruisecritic.  Wash whatever in shower and wring out.  Dry off.  Put towel on floor.  Put washed clothing in towel.  Roll up like a sausage or Stromboli.  Walk on it to get excess water out.  leave on floor and get ready.  Unravel.  Place on hooks on ceiling.  Clothes will be dry in morning.  Have done this for 6 cruises now.  It has saved us packing room.  Works well in Caribbean.  

• Thanks 1