Differences in suite/Retreat pre and post pandemic?

Dolebludger

We cruised twice in a Celebrity suite just before the pandemic. We liked the experience. We haven’t booked the Retreat since then, but are considering doing so in the near future. So we are curious about any changes in perks, etc. that may have been enacted since then. 

Honestly, I don’t know which ship we might take in the future. Choice will be the itinerary. I know the newer ones have a separate pool and sun deck, while older ones lack the pool. The ships we were on were the Eclipse and the Equinox. At that time (2019) the Equinox was somewhat in need of redecorating. The Eclipse was in great shape. But both cruises were good, with included drinks, mini-bar, some specialty restaurants, WiFi, tips, priority embarkation and debarkation, Luminae, and private lounge. We liked the accommodations because they were even less crowded than on the lux lines. But I have heard that some of these perks have been diminished, so just checking.

I can’t think of any Retreat perks that have been diminished.  You mentioned  mini-bar and specialty restaurants, those have only been Inclusions of the Royal Suite and above.  
Although the mini-bar is not a listed perk of the Sky & Celebrity suites many have reported that their butler keep the mini bar stocked with soda, water and beer.

As for diminished perks, the only perk I recall some saying  was diminished was the value of the Elite/+  captains club

happy hour and wi-fi minutes since if you book Aqua or a suite you get a beverage & wi-fi packages. 

The Retreat experience on the E Class ship is outstanding.

• Like 1

Sounds good. Just one small problem. I went on the X website and looked at itineraries and dates we wanted, and the Retreat was sold out on all of them! And I was looking at Spring, 2024. The Retreat must be doing something right.

If you are looking at Transatlantic or Transpacific sailing the Retreat does normally sell out quickly.  Although the 4/2024 TP from Sydney to Hawaii on the Edge  has suites available.

Edited by jelayne
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, CharlieCharlieCharlie said:

I think all of the suites are selling out fast. 

No one books suites anymore, they are too popular. 😲

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, jelayne said:

I can’t think of any Retreat perks that have been diminished.  You mentioned  mini-bar and specialty restaurants, those have only been Inclusions of the Royal Suite and above.  
Although the mini-bar is not a listed perk of the Sky & Celebrity suites many have reported that their butler keep the mini bar stocked with soda, water and beer.

As for diminished perks, the only perk I recall some saying  was diminished was the value of the Elite/+  captains club

happy hour and wi-fi minutes since if you book Aqua or a suite you get a beverage & wi-fi packages. 

The Retreat experience on the E Class ship is outstanding.

I agree with jelayne's review.  The Elite+ captain's club has reduced value for the suite class since bookings have all inclusive perks built into the price without any ability to opt out.  The perks in RS and above are far superior to anything offered in Elite+ but the prices are high also! It seems to me that those who benefit from Elite+ are non-suite cruisers.

3 hours ago, Dolebludger said:

Sounds good. Just one small problem. I went on the X website and looked at itineraries and dates we wanted, and the Retreat was sold out on all of them! And I was looking at Spring, 2024. The Retreat must be doing something right.

I think you may find, depending on the itinerary, that the suite class is sold out in 2025.

2 hours ago, SusieAV8R said:

I agree with jelayne's review.  The Elite+ captain's club has reduced value for the suite class since bookings have all inclusive perks built into the price without any ability to opt out.  The perks in RS and above are far superior to anything offered in Elite+ but the prices are high also! It seems to me that those who benefit from Elite+ are non-suite cruisers.

The suites/retreats have included the bundled perks many years before COVID.
Although not Covid related anyone with a Perks package gets less value for the CC Elite + benefits.   And as you say, Cruise only cruisers  benefit most from the CC benefits.

As people have mentioned and bookings show, the Retreat/suite is a home run for Celebrity management.  The prices reflect the popularity of Suites. 

• Like 1