Viva Vibe Passes

jrlamour

• 3 months later...
On 6/17/2023 at 5:05 PM, vacation44 said:

Yes, I commented to you on the other thread when you posted you were able to secure them.  I still have a Plan B just in case I cannot get them.  No Vibe, no Viva for us!

NCL has told me that you have to book to find out if the Vibe Beach Club is available. You have 24 hours to cancel, regardless, they said, but this policy is not written.

I just booked the 4 day on the Viva for December 2, 2023. They said the Vibe is either sold out or they are not booking for some reason. Also, they said that there are always some spots left that can be booked on the ship. I actually booked a Vibe Cabana instead. They look awesome. Not cheap for a 4 night cruise though.Since it is out of Miami, it should be warm the entire time. Can't wait.

6 hours ago, nudistcruzer said:

NCL has told me that you have to book to find out if the Vibe Beach Club is available. You have 24 hours to cancel, regardless, they said, but this policy is not written.

We do have a reservation for February 2025 on the Viva and still plan to cancel if we cannot secure Vibe passes before final payment.    However, we are just as excited about our Plan B so we are OK with canceling.

9 hours ago, nudistcruzer said:

One hack to avoid the book/cancel cycle is to ask in the roll-call for your cruise if someone would look at availability.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, nudistcruzer said:

Also, they said that there are always some spots left that can be booked on the ship.

I believe this statement is not correct.  I'm not saying you weren't told this, I am saying whomever said it was wrong.  Especially for warm-weather cruises

7 hours ago, nudistcruzer said:

I actually booked a Vibe Cabana instead. They look awesome. Not cheap for a 4 night cruise though.

I almost had to do this for a cruise and was surprised that they weren't all that much more expensive than the two passes they included, like about $100 more for a 7-night cruise.  Have they cranked the price up a lot more now?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PATRLR said:

I almost had to do this for a cruise and was surprised that they weren't all that much more expensive than the two passes they included, like about $100 more for a 7-night cruise.  Have they cranked the price up a lot more now?

Not as of yet.  For our February 2024 cruise on the Encore, we paid $599 over a year ago and that is the current price still showing up.  Then the regular passes were $229 and now they are $249 so for new purchases, it would be $101 more.     

We have passes reserved for our June 2024 Joy cruise at $229; however, when they start selling the new Joy Cabanas we might switch our passes to cabanas for some of them as we have 12 passes reserved.

6 hours ago, PATRLR said:

I believe this statement is not correct.  I'm not saying you weren't told this, I am saying whomever said it was wrong.  Especially for warm-weather cruises.

The same person said they hold back 35% of dining reservations for booking on the ship. I think it was the same person that told me because I am platinum, partly. I have 5 Speciality Dinners for a 4 night cruise. The information available to customer service is clearly not organized very well. When I first went to the Posh club on the Epic, they were only booking on the ship. So, I would be surprised that they went from only booking on the ship to essentially only booking online. I feel so lucky that I found this info. I have never been on an NCL ship Epic or newer and not had the Posh/Vibe Club.

The Vibe sounds so nice, but is it really worth it on a cruise with 7 ports in 7 days? We may only do half day excursions, so we'd get at least a 1/2 days use out of it...plus I've been to St. Thomas, so may just stay on the ship.  Sailing Viva in March '25.

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Davevics25 said:

Are you able to book daily or do youhave to book it for the whole trip

Once you are on the ship you can book individual days. Customer Service continues to insist they hold back some slots to book on the ship. But these can sell out very fast and essentially you need to be the first one on the ship. There are no guarantees.

Edited by nudistcruzer

14 minutes ago, nudistcruzer said:

Once you are on the ship you can book individual days. Customer Service continues to insist they hold back some slots to book on the ship. But these can sell out very fast and essentially you need to be the first one on the ship. There are no guarantees.

I have not read about anyone being able to buy a Vibe pass for just a day.   Have you done it or did you hear or read about it?

On 10/12/2023 at 8:26 PM, olemissreb said:

The Vibe sounds so nice, but is it really worth it on a cruise with 7 ports in 7 days? We may only do half day excursions, so we'd get at least a 1/2 days use out of it...plus I've been to St. Thomas, so may just stay on the ship.  Sailing Viva in March '25.

We are on the Viva in December, 6 ports 6 days (7-night cruises have 6 days of ports) and we're getting Vibe.  Barbados is only from like 6 AM till 1 PM (what a waste), St Thomas we also might stay on board, St Maarten we don't arrive until 10 AM so I can see us waiting till noon to leave the ship.  

Plus we really enjoy Vibe the most in the late afternoons, hanging around the bar and socializing.   There is usually a consistent group of passengers that become quite friendly. 

Edited by PATRLR

When I first posted on this thread I wasn't scheduled on the Viva. I am also on the Getaway for 20 days in February/March. I went looking for a short cruise this fall; so, now, I am one the first Viva Cruise out of the United States. In less than one month, I will be on the 12/2/2023 Sailing. Any questions I can answer while at the Vibe Beach club or generally on the Viva starting 12/2, I can try and answer while on the ship... 

• Like 1