How do I use my OBC (onboard credits) for online pre-cruise shore excursions?

I want to reserve a shore excursion for my upcoming Alaska cruise in May 2023; but I want to use some of my OBC for it, not my credit card. On previous cruises there was a pop-up stating how much OBC I had available to use for shore excursions, etc. This time I do not see it.

Susan

5 minutes ago, englander said:

I looked again just now ... only payment option is my credit card. Thanks for the tip ... I thought maybe I was missing something. Maybe RCI has changed?

What's the source of the OBC?  Sometimes onboard credit from your TA doesn't show up until you board

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, englander said:

I want to reserve a shore excursion for my upcoming Alaska cruise in May 2023; but I want to use some of my OBC for it, not my credit card. On previous cruises there was a pop-up stating how much OBC I had available to use for shore excursions, etc. This time I do not see it.

Susan

If you have any OBC it will be listed at the top of your first page inside your cruises cruise planner..

image.thumb.png.a44f83e33ff631bde2b427823aaab372.png

At check out you will see the following screen...

image.thumb.png.92b43519d8c0a89b09b3bd2d1215d822.png

If you do not see these two things there is a chance you don't have any OBC or it is Obc that has not been applied to your account yet.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, fishiecrackers said:

We got an OBC from them downgrading our room when we were switched to a smaller ship. I emailed them about it when I went to book excursions and they said I can't use it until we're on board. 🙄

That does not make any sense.  I got a $50 OBC for the inconvenience of one of their screw-up and the amount appears in my cruise planner.  Call them again.

19 hours ago, fishiecrackers said:

We got an OBC from them downgrading our room when we were switched to a smaller ship. I emailed them about it when I went to book excursions and they said I can't use it until we're on board. 🙄

That doesn't make any sense.  I've had OBC from royal for a cancellation and it appeared in my cruise planner almost immediately. This sounds the agent just making stuff up... Call again.  

18 hours ago, nelblu said:

That does not make any sense.  I got a $50 OBC for the inconvenience of one of their screw-up and the amount appears in my cruise planner.  Call them again.

I actually emailed them, and the exact reply was, "Please note that your onboard credit for your downgrade will be applied to your SeaPass Account onboard the ship. It will not be available to use prior to sailing." I should check again how much it was and maybe call to try and get someone who will be nice and magically make it appear. That would be nice. I'm not sure what I would even want to spend it on once we're on board, as we're not planning on specialty dining or anything like that.

I emailed Crucon ( my TA) and was told they don't buy the perks till a few days before sail date. Also she checked about Visa card rewards and said RCI said they don't apply it till about 2 weeks prior to sail date. Same goes for Shareholder credits. So I  guess we wait. Hope the discount prices are still available for Excursions. 

On 4/4/2023 at 1:07 PM, fishiecrackers said:

I'm not sure what I would even want to spend it on once we're on board, as we're not planning on specialty dining or anything like that.

Unless you have prepaid your gratuities the daily gratuities will be charged to your account and will use up any OBC that is in your account.