Single Beds Only

Our room assignment for Pacific Encounter has just come through and weโ€™re in 9733 (MD Minisuite). Apparently the beds are configured as two singles and cannot be joined together. Has anyone encountered this before?

31 minutes ago, Sparky74 said:

Our room assignment for Pacific Encounter has just come through and weโ€™re in 9733 (MD Minisuite). Apparently the beds are configured as two singles and cannot be joined together. Has anyone encountered this before?

Iโ€™m sure youโ€™ll find a way to attach them ๐Ÿฅฐ toolkit packed?

ย 

• Haha 1

57 minutes ago, Sparky74 said:

I've heard of it with some cabin types on various ships but wouldn't expect it in a minisuite. However the deck plans show both the furtherest aft minisuites on that deck are twin beds only. Yikes! I would not like that!ย 

• Like 2

I read somewhere recently that these 2 cabins were supposed to be "Accessible" cabins but there was some problem with wheelchair access and so they are set up differently to ordinary mini-suites.ย  I believe the occupants pushed the beds together but it made the cabin layout awkward to navigate around.

Try googling the cabin numbers to see any reviews on Grand class ships.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We got off Grand Princess last week and had D735 which is an aft balcony cabin.ย  The door to D733 is on the side of the cabin (not facing the main hallway) but opposite D735 and the Vista suite doors.ย  I didn't poke my head in to have a look but maybe I should have!!ย  The door was around half way along the cabin wall.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Thorpe said:

Format of pics isnโ€™t right. Sorry.ย 

Can you remember what the cabin was like, Helen? Iโ€™d be particularly interested to know if it has a walk-in shower rather than a bath seeing as itโ€™s sorta an accessible cabin.ย 

1 hour ago, Sparky74 said:

Can you remember what the cabin was like, Helen? Iโ€™d be particularly interested to know if it has a walk-in shower rather than a bath seeing as itโ€™s sorta an accessible cabin.ย 

ย 

1951D4B5-E9E5-4AD9-995D-66DDBB960398.png

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Thorpe said:

ย 

16 hours ago, Thorpe said:

I had this cabin back when the ship was the Golden Princess. Iโ€™ll see if I can find some pics.ย 

Thanks, Helen. These photos are very helpful.ย 
DW has foot and ankle surgery in a fortnight. Perhaps weโ€™re foolish to cruise so early in her recovery but a walk in shower is going to be more practical for her than a shower over tub like other Junior Suites.ย 

We have occasionally had cabins arranged with twin beds rather than a queen set up as we prefer. Sometimesย  a change is as good as a holiday and provides a different experience and may even make you appreciate your partner more ( with a visit to their bed or them to yours).

• Like 1

On 4/7/2023 at 8:22 PM, MicCanberra said:

We have occasionally had cabins arranged with twin beds rather than a queen set up as we prefer. Sometimesย  a change is as good as a holiday and provides a different experience and may even make you appreciate your partner more ( with a visit to their bed or them to yours).

๐Ÿ˜€ย 

I have been on several ships with built in

siingle beds along the wall t shape )not suites)

• Like 1

We did the Hawaii/Tahiti cruise in 2019 in an inside cabin on Sea Princess. Those cabins are quite narrow and only really work if the beds are in twin configuration. It took me at least a week before I stopped feeling like I was falling out of bed in the single bed. Never again!

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, arxcards said:

Really?

Nah! But sounds like something the UK would have sent.

The scary thing is that this singer/group out out at least 3 albums.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I made a booking last week on Explorer and had the same note appear on my booking confirmation which, at the time, was only a 72 hour hold.ย  I rang P&O and said that if I couldn't get a Queen bed I would not go ahead with the booking.ย  The agent on the phone changed my booking over the phone so that I got the configuration I wanted.ย 

ย 

Obviously, this can be a problem with discounted guaranteed cabin bookings as the guaranteed bookings get whatever is left after the specific cabin bookings are completed so it is something to keep an eye out for.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1