prepay for wifi

greener

13 minutes ago, greener said:

how do i prebook and prepay for wifi?  do i do it on my phone app?  do i need to call princess?  appreciate any help.  thanks.

not sure, but have you considered the Princess 'PLUS' package - that includes wifi, grats, and a 'beverage package' with unlimited soda's, coffees, water, and 15 alcoholic beverages per day?

just a thought

@greener...to answer your specific question...you do it on the app.  (I suppose you *could* do it by phone but it's so much easier on the app.)

BUT...as @voljeep says above...you really should consider looking at the Plus fare package (NOT the "add-on" drink package.)  We *always* book the Plus fare because it includes everything that we're going to do anyway...  Just a suggestion!

Edited by Rick&Jeannie
typo
  • Thanks 2

I wanted to do a price comparison with a la carte purchases of grats, wi-fi, and drink package. My research was prompted because I do not have any interest in extra desserts or exercise classes. 

I was able to find a single mention of "from $!5/day" for wi-fi but no explanation as to speed, number of devices, or included minutes.  More importantly, the option to purchase was no where to be found.  

In the end, as others have pointed out, the Plus package was way less expensive.  It seems to me that the cost differential is purposeful, Princess WANTS you to get a package, so they make it a no-brainer for the pax.  Princess is trying to get everyone into a package - - it's easier for them and you know they are still making money.

I bought the Plus package. 

• Like 1

I think that you can book online in the princess webpage in the Services section. 

As for Speed, you will not find any commitment!  It is most likely SLOW.  It is often unusable slow.  There are threads with it listed (like this one

where the speed is as low as .1 or .3 MPS

Take a look at it and see the experiences of others. 

7 hours ago, greener said:

how do i prebook and prepay for wifi?  do i do it on my phone app?  do i need to call princess?  appreciate any help.  thanks.

as stated, you can book on the app where it says Medallion Net you can also wait until you board (there is no longer a discount for prepaying) at which time you can use OBC to pay for it

• Like 1

9 hours ago, greener said:

It can be paid on the Princess web site. 

Go to payments & Credits & you will see “Crew Appreciation Pre-Payment”.

That’s an easy way to pay for it.

image.thumb.png.64c3e377375cc901824c3ed2a6874576.png

Tom😀

Edited by trbarton

2 hours ago, greener said:

i thought you get 50% off in obc when you are elite, but only if you prepay before boarding.

you do get 1/2 off if you are platinum or elite, but anytime you buy even on a single day plan...they recently did away with the discount for prepaying (according to the internet guy on the Crown last month) 

11 hours ago, greener said:

The App, but you can also purchase it on board day 1 for the same price.  Then your OBC can help pay for it as well.

3 hours ago, greener said:

i thought you get 50% off in obc when you are elite, but only if you prepay before boarding.

We always get the discount, no matter what MedallionNet service is purchased and no matter when/where it is purchased.  You don't get OBC - you are just charged the net cost.  At least on board.  The Princess App is SUPPOSED to apply the 50% discount, but many guests have found that the App doesn't have their correct Captain's Circle level, so they end up with the OBC.  I am not sure what the current functionality of the App is right today for a guest ordering MedallionNet and the App does have their correct Member Level.

2 hours ago, trbarton said:

It can be paid on the Princess web site. 

Go to payments & Credits & you will see “Crew Appreciation Pre-Payment”.

That’s an easy way to pay for it.

image.thumb.png.64c3e377375cc901824c3ed2a6874576.png

Tom😀

Crew Appreciation - yes.  But not MedallionNet.  I think you are a bit confused here.

I just checked my Medallion Class app under Medallion net.  Don't know if it is because I made final payment.  For a 7 day cruise.  But I will buy it with OBC when I get on the ship.  

The question is...will it be charged to my folio or my credit card on shore?

IMG_DC8851E59F0F-1.thumb.jpeg.aab29ab5d2c65a7d7adda07a745eb8e6.jpeg