Live from Pearl Boston to beautiful Bermuda 04/07-04/14

styles27

8 minutes ago, Barb Nahoumi said:

Thank goodness.  The stress of that and uploading the Travel Authorization was too much.

We did this same cruise last year. (4/8-4/15). The Bermuda Travel Authorization and testing was still in place. Still hadn't received confirmation come the morning of 4/6, so had to call to "nudge" the process along. Made  mistake of using the main number on the website, not the toll-free number. Started at 22nd caller in their "queue". My "mistake" cost me $75.00 on my next months phone bill. Lesson learned!!

Sailed again ( same cruise) in October/ November. Travel authorization was sill in place, but testing had stopped a week before we cruised. Happy Sailing!

3 minutes ago, cruiserbear55 said:

We did this same cruise last year. (4/8-4/15). The Bermuda Travel Authorization and testing was still in place. Still hadn't received confirmation come the morning of 4/6, so had to call to "nudge" the process along. Made  mistake of using the main number on the website, not the toll-free number. Started at 22nd caller in their "queue". My "mistake" cost me $75.00 on my next months phone bill. Lesson learned!!

Sailed again ( same cruise) in October/ November. Travel authorization was sill in place, but testing had stopped a week before we cruised. Happy Sailing!

My husband received his T.A. confirmation after supper on the night before we boarded.  Before that, we called the toll free number, and were waiting in the queue for hours.  A very nice person helped us out, and told us that there would be an agent at the pier to assist those who did not receive their paperwork.  Thank goodness that his paperwork came through.  Mine came a bit earlier.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, LauraAnneC said:

Very interested to follow along. I hope to get to Bermuda someday. Very interested in hearing about the MSC cruise. Have you any idea why the passengers were so rude? 

Enjoy your trip and especially the time with your grandson. What special memories you’re creating. 

Our MSC cruise was out of Miami to South America and other islands on the way.
It was 14 days over the New Year’s holiday. 
We were told that there were only 10% American passengers on board with the rest from Europe and South America. 
People were very loud, pushy and straight out rude.
They refused to wait in lines anywhere. 
In the buffet it wasn’t uncommon to have people roughly push in front to take what the entire line of people were waiting to take. 
After 14 days of being pushed and shoved cut in lines and have a man land on my back because his stupid girlfriend thought it was funny to push him into the pool  while my back was turned, we couldn’t wait to get off. We’ve never felt like that before. 

That was our 3rd MSC cruise and we never had a problem before. The ships and crew are awesome.
They were being shouted at all week by rude pax but they met that shouting with class and Grace. I don’t think I could do that in their shoes. 

Because it only cost us $90pp to add unlimited drinks and wifi so $180 for 14 days I feel they’re attracting the party crowd. 

They have recently updated that and now their drink packages are more in line with the other cruise lines. I hope it helps. 

I think MSC was undercutting pricing in the US market to fill their ships. 
For example we paid double for 7 days on this current cruise than we paid for 14 days on MSC and we don’t have a drink package this time. 

But I’d rather pay double and cruise with people who know what manners are. 
This cruise is sold out. Only 1 room is open yet we haven’t run into any of the problems we had with pax on MSC in January. 

It is a completely different vibe. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Today’s Freestyle. 
We’re staying on board today. Nice and warm so we’re enjoying the pool with less people around. 

Last night they had a great soloist. Two shows 7 & 9 we went to the late one and there were only about 100-150 people there. I felt bad for her but she did a great job keeping up her energy and great vocals too!

IMG_7791.jpeg

IMG_7792.jpeg

IMG_7793.jpeg

IMG_7794.jpeg

IMG_7795.jpeg

IMG_7796.jpeg

• Like 1

One thing we loved about the show last night is they had a great orchestra behind the vocalist. Haven’t seen that since we were on HAL years ago. 
So far I don’t see a mention of NCL singers and dancers. Will try to find out today if they have that kind of entertainment on Pearl. 

• Thanks 1

Rather hazy today, no rain, warm 75°F. 
DF6823EA-2A8D-4752-876E-52471F9D645E.thumb.jpeg.3e1ace325bc20b910db098b7014d184f.jpeg

Make sure to use sunscreen a lot!

Seas surrounding Bermuda going to be rough with high surf starting tomorrow morning and will continue until Wednesday when Pearl departs. Hope you went to the beach today!

May I suggest you go to the Aquarium in Flatts with your grandson when it’s not a sea swimming weather. 

Enjoy your time in Bermuda and be safe!!

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, bluesea777 said:

Rather hazy today, no rain, warm 75°F. 
DF6823EA-2A8D-4752-876E-52471F9D645E.thumb.jpeg.3e1ace325bc20b910db098b7014d184f.jpeg

Make sure to use sunscreen a lot!

Seas surrounding Bermuda going to be rough with high surf starting tomorrow morning and will continue until Wednesday when Pearl departs. Hope you went to the beach today!

May I suggest you go to the Aquarium in Flatts with your grandson when it’s not a sea swimming weather. 

Enjoy your time in Bermuda and be safe!!

Thank you! We will definitely visit the aquarium maybe tomorrow if it’s rainy. 
We are so blessed right now. Sunny and warm on pool deck! 

On 4/6/2023 at 8:54 PM, styles27 said:

Thanks everyone! 

@mking8288my grandson is very excited and hoping to spot some whales. We packed our binoculars and will be on the lookout!

I saw you leaving Boston. You went right by two Right Whales just coming out of the harbor. I can see them from my porch. Keep a sharp look out on the way back.

Right Whale.PNG

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

16 minutes ago, Fissues said:

I saw you leaving Boston. You went right by two Right Whales just coming out of the harbor. I can see them from my porch. Keep a sharp look out on the way back.

Right Whale.PNG

So awesome! Thank you for posting this!

• Like 3

5 hours ago, styles27 said:

Our MSC cruise was out of Miami to South America and other islands on the way.
It was 14 days over the New Year’s holiday. 
We were told that there were only 10% American passengers on board with the rest from Europe and South America. 
People were very loud, pushy and straight out rude.
They refused to wait in lines anywhere. 
In the buffet it wasn’t uncommon to have people roughly push in front to take what the entire line of people were waiting to take. 
After 14 days of being pushed and shoved cut in lines and have a man land on my back because his stupid girlfriend thought it was funny to push him into the pool  while my back was turned, we couldn’t wait to get off. We’ve never felt like that before. 

That was our 3rd MSC cruise and we never had a problem before. The ships and crew are awesome.
They were being shouted at all week by rude pax but they met that shouting with class and Grace. I don’t think I could do that in their shoes. 

Because it only cost us $90pp to add unlimited drinks and wifi so $180 for 14 days I feel they’re attracting the party crowd. 

They have recently updated that and now their drink packages are more in line with the other cruise lines. I hope it helps. 

I think MSC was undercutting pricing in the US market to fill their ships. 
For example we paid double for 7 days on this current cruise than we paid for 14 days on MSC and we don’t have a drink package this time. 

But I’d rather pay double and cruise with people who know what manners are. 
This cruise is sold out. Only 1 room is open yet we haven’t run into any of the problems we had with pax on MSC in January. 

It is a completely different vibe. 

I haven’t heard good reports about MSC in the past and probably will continue to avoid them in the future. Thanks for your update. 

• Like 2

We had dinner at Lotus Garden this evening. 
Everything was very good and served nice and hot. (Sorry about the shadows on the menu pics.)

It’s pouring right now but all in all we lucked out with the weather today. 

IMG_7814.jpeg

IMG_7813.jpeg

IMG_7812.jpeg

IMG_7810.jpeg

IMG_7808.jpeg

IMG_7806.jpeg

IMG_7811.jpeg

• Like 4

Forgot to mention something they didn’t do last year.
If you arrive at the MDR or Lotus Garden for dinner and you have to wait for a table they give you a beeper and a voucher for a glass of sparking wine or soda while you wait. Thought that was a nice touch. 
The wait times were short. Under 15min tonight and last night. 

• Like 4

Good morning!

We are having very strong winds here today. Captain just announced the NCL ferry will not operate. 
The wind gusts are so strong we are feeling movement in our room on deck 11.  Surf is crashing against the pier. 

The local forecast calls for a brighter afternoon 🤞

Have a great day everyone!

Today’s Freestyle 

IMG_7827.jpeg

IMG_7830.jpeg

IMG_7829.jpeg

IMG_7828.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Good morning ... thanks for the update, wow - Day 4 already, time flies.  Sorry about the weather, nothing much given the wind gust increasing toward gale force today, not surprised that NCL's ferry operation is suspended for safety reasons.  What is your backup plan?   Prima currently en route to Dockyard as well, coming across sea swell & waves increasing - expecting to arrive & dock earlier than scheduled - going to be busy on the wharf.  

Comment - Asian menu from Lotus Garden is practically the same as the shorter ones used on mega ship's complimentary Shanghai Restaurant / Noodles, except for 2 or 3 entrees.  Looks pretty good too.  

• Like 1

13 hours ago, styles27 said:

We had dinner at Lotus Garden this evening. 
Everything was very good and served nice and hot. (Sorry about the shadows on the menu pics.)

It’s pouring right now but all in all we lucked out with the weather today. 

IMG_7814.jpeg

IMG_7813.jpeg

IMG_7812.jpeg

IMG_7810.jpeg

IMG_7808.jpeg

IMG_7806.jpeg

IMG_7811.jpeg

Yum!! Thank you for sharing. I definitely missed the included Asian restaurant on Joy a few weeks ago. It's always a must eat on Getaway! I'm hoping wherever we go next has this place you went to as there are a few different dishes, plus I'd love to supplement the meal with a sushi roll (or four). How can you stop eating sushi? 

So, anyway, thanks for the photos! Is that your grandson actually enjoying fresh fish? Kudos to you/his parents on getting him to be such an adventurous eater at his age. 

• Like 2

@mking8288I hope Prima can dock tomorrow it’s crazy rough right now and the wind gusts make it hard to stand sometimes. 

5 hours ago, cruiseny4life said:

Yum!! Thank you for sharing. I definitely missed the included Asian restaurant on Joy a few weeks ago. It's always a must eat on Getaway! I'm hoping wherever we go next has this place you went to as there are a few different dishes, plus I'd love to supplement the meal with a sushi roll (or four). How can you stop eating sushi? 

So, anyway, thanks for the photos! Is that your grandson actually enjoying fresh fish? Kudos to you/his parents on getting him to be such an adventurous eater at his age. 

Yes that’s Evan enjoying his raw salmon! He pretty much eats everything even escargot lol 

He’s very easy to travel with for sure!

Because of the weather we took a taxi to the Aquarium/zoo. It was about $50 each way but totally worth it. We love conversing with the drivers it’s like our own private tour. 

We’ve been to Bermuda a lot but this was our first time going to the aquarium. 
We really enjoyed it. Lots of beautiful fish and the zoo area was fun too! 
I can’t believe they only charge $10 for adults and $5 for children over 5. Thanks to @bluesea777for suggesting it!

Tonight we’re eating at Tappanyaki for the first time!

We can’t say enough good things about the crew on Pearl.  Even Senior Officers greet us with a smile and don’t make you feel like you’re not important enough to have a conversation with.  

Yesterday the crew member at the entrance to the buffet was singing “I want to wash your haaannnddss” to the tune of I wanna hold your hand lol it was great!

Some pictures from the aquarium/zoo 

IMG_7832.jpeg

IMG_7833.jpeg

IMG_7836.jpeg

IMG_7840.jpeg

IMG_7845.jpeg

IMG_7866.jpeg

IMG_7868.jpeg

IMG_7869.jpeg

IMG_7873.jpeg

IMG_7881.jpeg

IMG_7884.jpeg

IMG_7890.jpeg

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, styles27 said:

@mking8288I hope Prima can dock tomorrow it’s crazy rough right now and the wind gusts make it hard to stand sometimes. 

Yes that’s Evan enjoying his raw salmon! He pretty much eats everything even escargot lol 

He’s very easy to travel with for sure!

Because of the weather we took a taxi to the Aquarium/zoo. It was about $50 each way but totally worth it. We love conversing with the drivers it’s like our own private tour. 

We’ve been to Bermuda a lot but this was our first time going to the aquarium. 
We really enjoyed it. Lots of beautiful fish and the zoo area was fun too! 
I can’t believe they only charge $10 for adults and $5 for children over 5. Thanks to @bluesea777for suggesting it!

Tonight we’re eating at Tappanyaki for the first time!

We can’t say enough good things about the crew on Pearl.  Even Senior Officers greet us with a smile and don’t make you feel like you’re not important enough to have a conversation with.  

Yesterday the crew member at the entrance to the buffet was singing “I want to wash your haaannnddss” to the tune of I wanna hold your hand lol it was great!

Some pictures from the aquarium/zoo 

IMG_7832.jpeg

IMG_7833.jpeg

IMG_7836.jpeg

IMG_7840.jpeg

IMG_7845.jpeg

IMG_7866.jpeg

IMG_7868.jpeg

IMG_7869.jpeg

IMG_7873.jpeg

IMG_7881.jpeg

IMG_7884.jpeg

IMG_7890.jpeg

Very beautiful pics.

Thank you!

• Thanks 1

On 4/6/2023 at 8:04 PM, OrangeCatRamblers said:

@styles27 If you make it to Horseshoe, I would be ever so grateful if you could report back on the prevalence of Portuguese Man o War. Hoping they've found another place to hang out, and hoping they have no impact on your trip! Bon voyage! 

We were at Horseshoe Bay Beach last Tuesday afternoon. It was a beautiful, relaxing afternoon. I did not see any Portuguese Man o War or hear of anyone else seeing them. The water was just warm enough for me to ease my way in. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Cruising Lynne said:

We were at Horseshoe Bay Beach last Tuesday afternoon. It was a beautiful, relaxing afternoon. I did not see any Portuguese Man o War or hear of anyone else seeing them. The water was just warm enough for me to ease my way in. 

Sounds just about perfect!! 

12 minutes ago, Cruising Lynne said:

I did not see any Portuguese Man o War

March to August is sea lice/ jellyfish season.

May to October is seaweed season

February March and August September is red tide season.

So it appears the best time to swim in the Ocean is November December and January.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2