Refundable OBC shortage once again

Bwana Tom

27 minutes ago, Trish Traveler said:

I'm happy to report I received my OBC check today (25 days) from the Emerald Princess cruise that ended 3/17. And the amount was correct.  I feel lucky.  ☘️

Sorry to those having issues.  Hope it resolves soon.

You may very well be the FIRST!

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

You may very well be the FIRST!

I got my check for the correct amount about 3 weeks after I got off of my last cruise.

4 hours ago, Trish Traveler said:

I'm happy to report I received my OBC check today (25 days) from the Emerald Princess cruise that ended 3/17. And the amount was correct.  I feel lucky.  ☘️

Sorry to those having issues.  Hope it resolves soon.

3 hours ago, ldtr said:

I got my check for the correct amount about 3 weeks after I got off of my last cruise.

Were both of you on single voyages?  The recent reports I have read where guests are receiving back less than expected were in situations of multiple B2B and had OBC on all voyages.

11 hours ago, clojacks said:

My TA offered 10% of the Cruise Fare as OBC. I guess different ones offer different perks.

Thanks.  I see where you might have some left after each cruise.  This happens to me on other cruise lines.  With Princess my TA just gives me the 10% as a discount.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Steelers36 said:

Were both of you on single voyages?  The recent reports I have read where guests are receiving back less than expected were in situations of multiple B2B and had OBC on all voyages.

B2B had OBC on both voyages.  First carried over to the second.  

For informational purposes:  received check today for onboard credit from cruise we disembarked March 17th, so 27 days after getting off.  Credit balance was due to refunds of pre-paid shore excursions in ports that had been cancelled.

• Like 1

I am still waiting for almost $300 OBC from our January South America cruise, all of which is definitely refundable. I have been dealing back and forth with a very nice lady in customer relations but so far she hasn't been able to make it happen although she says "we haven't forgotten about you." I have the statement from when we got off the ship and also a folio that they emailed me that all supports this. So I wait....

Strangely, friends we were sailing with did receive their OBC cheque about 4-5 weeks after the cruise. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, koolforkatz said:

I am still waiting for almost $300 OBC from our January South America cruise, all of which is definitely refundable. I have been dealing back and forth with a very nice lady in customer relations but so far she hasn't been able to make it happen although she says "we haven't forgotten about you." I have the statement from when we got off the ship and also a folio that they emailed me that all supports this. So I wait....

Strangely, friends we were sailing with did receive their OBC cheque about 4-5 weeks after the cruise. 

My issue was with a South America/Antarctica cruise.  Still waiting for $325 refund.  Received a check for the majority of the OBC.

16 minutes ago, kiwimum said:

My issue was with a South America/Antarctica cruise.  Still waiting for $325 refund.  Received a check for the majority of the OBC.

Interesting. Ours was also South America/Antarctica, 14 January. We are also waiting for the rest of our refund for cancelled Machu Picchu tour but that's a whole 'nother horror story, lol...

The woman I have been speaking with did say they were currently working on the cruise before ours but OTOH my friend has already received her OBC. Who knows. Hope we both get ours soon!