Luggage Tags

cruisekitty22

We did not get tags in the mail for our last two cruises and then suddenly we got them for the upcoming cruise. I guess it is hit or miss. We still print them out and put them in a holder from Amazon and we'll add the "real" ones on the morning of the cruise.

Last year we received real luggage tags for our May Alaska cruise on the Bliss.

We did not receive luggage tags for our upcoming 15 day cruise on the Star so I printed them from the link in cruise docs.  We still have the old skinny luggage tag holders from Amazon but with the help of scissors, ruler and scotch tape they came out fine.

Our upcoming cruise on the Epic is the first time in 3 cruises we got tags sent to us, but to be fair last year we booked the Pearl only 2 weeks out.  On both the roll call and FB group for this weeks cruise it was also hit or miss on who got them,  

Edited by jimsig

one important reminder (i think) if you're going to print off your luggage tags from your home computer, i would use a heavier grade stock paper. regular copy paper may not survive. i sometimes use high grade photo paper. 

also, if whether im flying in a few days early, or going to the ship directly from the airport, i dont put the tags on until almost the last minute. at the hotel, whenever the cab/shuttle picks us up, at the airport, when all our bags have been collected off the carousel.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, complawyer said:

one important reminder (i think) if you're going to print off your luggage tags from your home computer, i would use a heavier grade stock paper. regular copy paper may not survive. i sometimes use high grade photo paper. 

also, if whether im flying in a few days early, or going to the ship directly from the airport, i dont put the tags on until almost the last minute. at the hotel, whenever the cab/shuttle picks us up, at the airport, when all our bags have been collected off the carousel.

Even better get luggage tag holders from Amazon.  I get the ones with the wire loops to attach the holder to the bag.  I put my cruise luggage tags in the holders before I leave home and I put the holders inside my baggage.  Then just before I make the final move to the port, I put them on the bags. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, RocketMan275 said:

Even better get luggage tag holders from Amazon.  I get the ones with the wire loops to attach the holder to the bag.  I put my cruise luggage tags in the holders before I leave home and I put the holders inside my baggage.  Then just before I make the final move to the port, I put them on the bags. 

Been using those from Amazon for years, still going strong!  And then no need for tape or a stapler at the port.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, julig22 said:

Been using those from Amazon for years, still going strong!  And then no need for tape or a stapler at the port.

I particularly like the wire loops to fasten them to  your bag.  The bag handle will come off before the tag is ripped away.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, RocketMan275 said:

Not only that but I since the printed luggage tags are usually folded I write my name, city & contact info on the inside of the printed tag. After the cruise I just fold the tag insert the other way around and voila, regular luggage tag.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Amberle3 said:

Not only that but I since the printed luggage tags are usually folded I write my name, city & contact info on the inside of the printed tag. After the cruise I just fold the tag insert the other way around and voila, regular luggage tag.

Brilliant!

We are a week away and still no tags, we are in the Haven and other got them. Guess it's a fifty fifty crap shot. Will print out own this weekend doesn't matter if not in color. 

Oh and we have been using our CC tags for years after folding tags correctly these are perfect.