No response from Princess C/S or senior management

getawayfromitall

On 4/12/2023 at 10:27 AM, billco said:

On my recent B2B2B2B2B my wife and I each received a survey after each segment.

That sounds more like harassment to me rather than surveying customer satisfaction.  Did you write a strongly worded letter to Princess Senior Management to complain about this?

• Haha 4

On 4/11/2023 at 3:19 PM, getawayfromitall said:

We completed the Eastern and Western itineraries on Sky Princess on 3/4/2023.  Immediately after disembarkation, my wife received a link to the customer satisfaction survey, but I did not.  I made two separate calls to Princess customer service , requesting the survey, with no success.  I then sent a typed letter to John Padgett, CEO of Princess operations for Carnival, via USPS. That was 3 weeks ago, with no response.  I thought that senior management would be responsive, but, apparently not.  Does anyone know how to contact someone at Princess who will actually respond and act on my  request?  Thank you.  

Do you really think that Princess cares about what you put on your survey?  Princess has 15 ships.  Assume an average load of 4000 passengers per ship.  That is 60,000 passengers per week or 312000  passengers per year.  Assume optimistically that 10% of the passengers fill out the survey which means that they will get 31,200 surveys per year.  That's a lot of surveys to digest.

DON

• Like 2

On 4/11/2023 at 10:45 PM, neverbeenhere said:

Why spend the time to request a survey? Spent the time writing your comments to the President and cut out the meddling computer. 

This.  On point.

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, donaldsc said:

Do you really think that Princess cares about what you put on your survey?  Princess has 15 ships.  Assume an average load of 4000 passengers per ship.  That is 60,000 passengers per week or 312000  passengers per year.  Assume optimistically that 10% of the passengers fill out the survey which means that they will get 31,200 surveys per year.  That's a lot of surveys to digest.

DON

not really. Since they are electronic the ratings can be compiled quickly. Which links up with the short time to expiration. They  wait until the expiration, then process them. Pretty easy to strip out the names of the employees named.  Same with the comments. Grouped by category and use language processing to look for similar comments and tabulated. The key is frequency of similar responses and comments.

All tabulated results, no one goes through them manually. Unless something is outside of norms or they are linked to some issue outside of the survey.

Survey companies specialize in pulling out the data and tabulation of  the into specific metrics. Especially in a case like this where the same survey is used.

Edited by ldtr

1 hour ago, d9704011 said:

That sounds more like harassment to me rather than surveying customer satisfaction.  Did you write a strongly worded letter to Princess Senior Management to complain about this?

No. I have better things to do with my time. Like reply to threads on these forums.

• Haha 7

3 hours ago, donaldsc said:

DON

Only a couple of Princess ships have a capacity of 4,000 so the average is much lower. Also 60,000 passengers per week is 312,000 passengers per year? Glad you are not my accountant. 

Edited by leck57
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, leck57 said:

Only a couple of Princess ships have a capacity of 4,000 so the average is much lower. Also 60,000 passengers per week is 312,000 passengers per year? Glad you are not my accountant. 

Not only those things, there is the assumption that every Princess cruise is only one week in duration.

surveys collect data to evaluate ship performance, venues, policies and identify named employee. Not really for individual complaints.

Well written letters are much better for individual situations, both good and bad.

On 4/11/2023 at 4:19 PM, getawayfromitall said:

We completed the Eastern and Western itineraries on Sky Princess on 3/4/2023.  Immediately after disembarkation, my wife received a link to the customer satisfaction survey, but I did not.  I made two separate calls to Princess customer service , requesting the survey, with no success. 

I don't understand your problem.  Didn't you and your wife experience the same cruise and didn't you discuss and agree what was best/worst about it?   If so, wouldn't she have submitted those great comments, cited an outstanding employee, or mention the thing that irked you both?

I had a similar thing happen, but agreed on tips and +/-'s before we even left the ship.  

• Like 1