Solo fare ?(DP340 code)

1 hour ago, DMSCRUISE2507 said:

I have had constant issues with this

code. I’ve email the exec office, customer service teams you name it. I’ve had multiple responses from various people. They haven’t got a clue - some say the code has been withdrawn, some say it’s being fixed, others tell me the only way to get the discount it to apply the code. Very frustrating, no one is taking it seriously and you have to be a very loyal member to have reached the stage where the benefit applies so they’re annoying their best customers!

Working for me no issues and I'm checking prices everyday. You do know some dates you can not get the Discount? Does Royal show you have over 340 points? Know my Daughter had issue missing a few Cruises and all my 1980's Cruises were missing at one point

Hello,

Simple soul that I am, I thought there was some enormous formula in the background that worked-out prices based on some 'base' figure. Not so - or at least not for the UK - they have to be input manually and individually. For this reason, not all DP340 discounted figures have been input for 2024 UK sailings (!) AND the (old) black-out dates in July & August haven't been moved forwards by a couple of weeks.

Words fail me.

Regards,

Cublet

• Like 1

5 hours ago, cruisegus said:

I have never had a problem applying DP340 via the web site.  if the cruise is in black out dates it provides no discount, otherwise the discount is applied properly.

Hello,

You are probably speaking for the US whilst I was speaking for the UK.

If, in the UK, you try to apply the DP340 code to a sailing that is NOW outside the blacklisted dates but WAS previously within the blacklisted dates, you get this:

image.png.9972b0a5d85a52eec6e8860902ea12f8.png

Regards,

Cublet

• Like 1

3 hours ago, cublet said:

Hello,

You are probably speaking for the US whilst I was speaking for the UK.

If, in the UK, you try to apply the DP340 code to a sailing that is NOW outside the blacklisted dates but WAS previously within the blacklisted dates, you get this:

image.png.9972b0a5d85a52eec6e8860902ea12f8.png

Regards,

Cublet

Re-coding the backend to reflect the date change is asking a lot from an IT shop that struggles with basic IT.  Considering how much they outsource they probably have this change on a long list or scrum board, waiting for attention.

On 8/19/2023 at 11:02 AM, cublet said:

Hello,

Simple soul that I am, I thought there was some enormous formula in the background that worked-out prices based on some 'base' figure. Not so - or at least not for the UK - they have to be input manually and individually. For this reason, not all DP340 discounted figures have been input for 2024 UK sailings (!) AND the (old) black-out dates in July & August haven't been moved forwards by a couple of weeks.

Words fail me.

Regards,

Cublet

I got to DP340 in May and knew that this was one of the only times that we in UK and Ireland could get a reprice.  My poor TA had to phone 10 times to get some who acknowledged that there was a discount, others said that it couldn't be combinable with 'sale' offers!  She was like 'Listen, my client knows what she is talking about...she reads all the forums!' Eventually it got sorted.

• Like 1

I have a question about Spring Break blackout periods - when are they specifically?  I know they are in between end of February and Easter but I am from the North of Ireland so am not 100% sure.

I am trying to price a cruise on Mariner in 22 March 2025 and it is saying it is not available

image.png.e6e605c1590b9d1c516e3867ae6ca99d.png

but I already have a cruise booked the week after on Jewel in 29 March 2025 and I got the discount for that one!

image.png.c7256c30a894e00dffe37573c90a5252.png

28 minutes ago, Blue Eyed Belfast Belle said:

I have a question about Spring Break blackout periods - when are they specifically?  I know they are in between end of February and Easter but I am from the North of Ireland so am not 100% sure.

I am trying to price a cruise on Mariner in 22 March 2025 and it is saying it is not available

image.png.e6e605c1590b9d1c516e3867ae6ca99d.png

but I already have a cruise booked the week after on Jewel in 29 March 2025 and I got the discount for that one!

image.png.c7256c30a894e00dffe37573c90a5252.png

I was able to apply DP340 to your date, march 22 2025. 

Sometimes they do allow the code on holidays. I have DP340 applied for xmas 2024. I'd call xmas a holiday.

1 minute ago, firefly333 said:

I was able to apply DP340 to your date, march 22 2025. 

Sometimes they do allow the code on holidays. I have DP340 applied for xmas 2024. I'd call xmas a holiday.

Thanks @firefly333

As @cublet said the UK and Ireland system still hasn't been updated.  I am onboard Serenade in a few weeks so I will ask at Next Cruise if they can book it for me 🙂

Hello,

From the Member Benefits .pdf:

43) Single members must have at least 340 Cruise Points earned to receive the single cruise fare at 150%. This offer is based on availability with certain restrictions. Ocean Voyage Packages, Holiday sailings (Christmas, New Year’s, Thanksgiving, Easter/Spring break) and the peak summer months of  June 15 thru August 15 are not included in this offer.

As you can see, some dates are not specific like 'Easter'. The crunch generally is 'start' or Embarkation day: If your cruise starts before and goes into or over a 'blackout' date then that is fine, but you cannot start or embark on/during a blackout date/period.

What to my simple mind makes no sense is to have 'global' blackout dates - they should be relative to the region in which the ship is sailing. I presume 'peak summer months' in US are 15th June to 15th August, I would not say that those precise dates are the same for UK or most of Europe yet the above  'black-out' still applies.

Regards,

Cublet

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, cublet said:

I would not say that those precise dates are the same for UK or most of Europe yet the above  'black-out' still applies.

Yeah @cublet even the 4 countries in the UK we all have different Summer School Holidays and different public holidays! 😉

5 hours ago, Blue Eyed Belfast Belle said:

Yeah @cublet even the 4 countries in the UK we all have different Summer School Holidays and different public holidays! 😉

Hello,

And I don't know whether I left the church or the church left me, but I don't think we have such a thing as a 'Thanksgiving' national holiday in November. I do remember 'Harvest Festival' from Sunday School though!

Regards,

Cublet

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, cublet said:

Hello,

And I don't know whether I left the church or the church left me, but I don't think we have such a thing as a 'Thanksgiving' national holiday in November. I do remember 'Harvest Festival' from Sunday School though!

Regards,

Cublet

It's been mentioned before but the black out dates are dynamic. I suspect they monitor the sales. People pushed and they lifted the black out period for a while on last months president cruise, then put it back.

As I said above there are various Christmas dates where you can apply DP340. I doubt it's entirely accidentally. I recently booked xmas on adventure for 2024. I suspect maybe because it's a older ship and prices are sky high they allowed it so the ship filled up more. Maybe older ships dont fill up as much.

You talk as if these dates are set in concrete. I'd say they know NYE sells better than xmas and price the black out dates according to how a ship is selling. I also read a previous president cruise to this year they allowed the solo discount for a while before it was cut off again. Too many xmas dates are allowed for me to agree it's a set time like you say. 

2 hours ago, cublet said:

Hello,

Regards,

Cublet

And sure American Thanksgiving and Canadian Thanksgiving are celebrated in 2 different months! 🦃

15 hours ago, firefly333 said:

And again i ask what difference does it make if it's not a blackout date for the code? 

Hello,

See my posting #36, Thanksgiving is a 'black-out' date for the reduced single supplement.

Regards,

Cublet

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, cublet said:

Hello,

See my posting #36, Thanksgiving is a 'black-out' date for the reduced single supplement.

Regards,

Cublet

While there are a couple of ships that are sailing from non US ports the vast majority of ships are sailing from the US at Thanksgivibg.

2 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

While there are a couple of ships that are sailing from non US ports the vast majority of ships are sailing from the US at Thanksgivibg.

Hello,

Are you saying that, re my post #36, black-out dates AREN'T universal but dependent on geography? With Thanksgiving, this does not apply to UK as we have no sailings, but there are sailings out of continental Europe - so the black-out date of Thanksgiving should not apply to these sailings? Should the C&A Member Benefits document be made clearer? My dealings with the muppet CSRs tells me they cannot keep abreast of one set of rules never mind, say, 7 for seven continents - even though (to my mind) it makes sense.

Regards,

Cublet

PS: I'm not aware of any RCI sailings out of Antarctica to be honest though.

2 minutes ago, cublet said:

Hello,

Are you saying that, re my post #36, black-out dates AREN'T universal but dependent on geography? With Thanksgiving, this does not apply to UK as we have no sailings, but there are sailings out of continental Europe - so the black-out date of Thanksgiving should not apply to these sailings? Should the C&A Member Benefits document be made clearer? My dealings with the muppet CSRs tells me they cannot keep abreast of one set of rules never mind, say, 7 for seven continents - even though (to my mind) it makes sense.

Regards,

Cublet

PS: I'm not aware of any RCI sailings out of Antarctica to be honest though.

No, I am saying they are universal based on the US holiday structure as that is where the majority of the business comes from.

Just now, Ourusualbeach said:

No, I am saying they are universal based on the US holiday structure as that is where the majority of the business comes from.

Hello,

OK, Yes, I got that - thanks.

Regards,

Cublet