Safe Flight Time for Cruise out of Port Canaveral

Next March we have our first cruise booked out of Port Canaveral.  What is a safe time to return home (flying back to Canada) from Orlando airport?  e.g. Is 12:30pm cutting it too close?  Port Canaveral isn't quite as close to the airport as in Fort Lauderdale or Miami.

Thanks.

We just got back from our Cruise and flow out of Orlando to Canada. You will be fine with a 12:30 flight.

We did self walk off and took the GoPort Bus back to the airport. It was stress free. We got off at 6:15, our bus didn't leave until 7:30 and we were at the airport by 8:30am. We had to wait an hour as they will not check you in any earlier then 3 hours before flight. 

If you are considering going the day before, think about staying at the hotel in the airport. It was awesome. Then we took the GoPort bus to the port. I can't stress enough how non stressful this was.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MrsPotz said:

We just got back from our Cruise and flow out of Orlando to Canada. You will be fine with a 12:30 flight.

We did self walk off and took the GoPort Bus back to the airport. It was stress free. We got off at 6:15, our bus didn't leave until 7:30 and we were at the airport by 8:30am. We had to wait an hour as they will not check you in any earlier then 3 hours before flight. 

If you are considering going the day before, think about staying at the hotel in the airport. It was awesome. Then we took the GoPort bus to the port. I can't stress enough how non stressful this was.

Thanks so much for sharing.  Yes we would fly in the day before.  Thought we'd stay close to the port but won't dismiss staying at the airport. Thanks for the tip.

plenty of time.  it's a 45 minute ride without traffic. Expect 15 to 20 minutes of traffic on the weekend.  The two lane 528 is the normal route and it has normal back ups prior to the airport. 

Edited by nimbex1970

PLEASE NOTE I WOULD NEVER DO THIS FOR A CONFIRMED FLIGHT…

Last time I disembarked Port Canaveral, we did self assist and were first off at 615, no wait for our Uber, and we were curbside at MCO at 7am.  With Clear & TSA Pre, was at the gate by 715, and went standby (no checked bags) on a 745am flight.  

My thoughts, for a confirmed flight, anything much before 11am would be pushing it, especially if you do not have TSA Pre (regular TSA lines on the weekend are typically in the 30-45 min range)