Thermal spa access times.

RalphWiggum

I have an upcoming TA on QM2 and was wondering if the thermal spa still has the policy Cunard adopted (presumably for Covid reasons) where you have to reserve a specific block of time with the thermal spa pass.  I seldom stay longer than two hours, so that’s not the issue, but having to plan ahead really negates the benefits of the spa pass for me.  

• Like 2

The two hour policy was abandoned last November, on the Norway leg of our last sailing. 

The policy reverted to the previous 'as long as you want, with multiple entries allowed' policy. 

Unlike previous years, the men's side lockers did not have a supply of disposable razors & shaving cream - perhaps that will revert too.

(Now if they would just fix the shower drains....]

Edited by TheOldBear
more detail
  • Like 2

Hi there, can anyone answer this question, years ago when we went on the QM, if we had a treatment in the Spa, that enabled you to use the Spa for a day without having a pass. Maybe its wishful thinking that still happens. I feel nickel and dimed here a little bit. Yes we have obc as World Club, and 45 minutes of WIFI which I don't want, but I was told, that I can't cash it in for anything else. Thanks for any advice. Going on QV in August round Briitish Isles, but not much information on that i.e. Lido Evening Restaurant.

On 4/14/2023 at 3:51 PM, SireDoime said:

Hmm? While booking my cruise on Queen Elizabeth (QE) they had two hour blocks per reservation (35$ each reservation). I had a full/unlimited Spa pass NCL Bliss, I didn't find anything similar for QE.

I think you have to buy the full pass on board. That's what I did in June. I remember doing that right away because they were selling fewer passes than usual due to Covid, so I wanted to make sure I got one. 

• Thanks 1

On 4/16/2023 at 12:45 PM, Lady of the Nile said:

Hi there, can anyone answer this question, years ago when we went on the QM, if we had a treatment in the Spa, that enabled you to use the Spa for a day without having a pass. Maybe its wishful thinking that still happens. I feel nickel and dimed here a little bit. Yes we have obc as World Club, and 45 minutes of WIFI which I don't want, but I was told, that I can't cash it in for anything else. Thanks for any advice. Going on QV in August round Briitish Isles, but not much information on that i.e. Lido Evening Restaurant.

From My Cunard it looks as if access is still included on QM2 but not the other 2 ships. 

This is under the QM2 section but there's no similar wording for QV/QE -

A Spa Passport is complimentary on the
day of any Health & Wellness, Massage,
Body or Skin Care treatment.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Jumping in. When I went on QM2 I got hold of a crossing pass that let me into the spa every day of the cruise. Think that cost $99 maybe less. Do they still offer this?? Would love the freedom to just be able to go in when we wanted too.

On 4/16/2023 at 12:45 PM, Lady of the Nile said:

Hi I think you will find your world club benefits have changed now. You don’t get free internet minutes just a sum to put towards the 24 hour or voyage packages. Similarly I have not had OBC as part of World Club just when it was offered with fare. 

51 minutes ago, GaryEssex said:

Jumping in. When I went on QM2 I got hold of a crossing pass that let me into the spa every day of the cruise. Think that cost $99 maybe less. Do they still offer this?? Would love the freedom to just be able to go in when we wanted too.

The cost per day decreases with each day purchased - booking for an entire cruise should have the lowest cost per day. On the other hand on this fall's 26 night sailing, we each got a 6 day spa pass, and used three days each on the eastbound and westbound crossings. We felt that offered us the best value [not the same as cost per day].

On 5/20/2023 at 6:35 PM, GaryEssex said:

Hi, they offered this on the Coronation Voyage. Hope that helps!

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, Belle on board said:

For an upcoming sailing on QE My Cunard is showing options to purchase 2 hour slots. Is it likely that there will be an option to purchase a multi-day pass once onboard? 
Thanks

I purchased three 2 hour passes to the The Aqua Therapy Center (35$ each); I do not actually recall an option for multiday passes. I think the last time I called Cunard, I was told during the conversation that a multiday pass would be available once onboard, I think. I was calling for something else, so I would have to call back to re-confirm that.

Edited by SireDoime
more words
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
On 6/3/2023 at 2:19 AM, SireDoime said:

I purchased three 2 hour passes to the The Aqua Therapy Center (35$ each); I do not actually recall an option for multiday passes. I think the last time I called Cunard, I was told during the conversation that a multiday pass would be available once onboard, I think. I was calling for something else, so I would have to call back to re-confirm that.

For anyone who is interested, I've just checked MyCunard and the pass information has been updated to show spa passes. (Only copied the QM2 here.)

Queen Mary 2's Spa Passport

This pass includes the use of the Aqua Therapy Centre, which comprises a whirlpool, aqua therapy pool with chaise lounge, neck and back jet massage, cascading waterfall shower, reflexology basins, sensory showers, Finnish sauna, aromatic steam room, herbal sauna, and ice fountain. A bathing suit is required.

• 1 day – $40
  • 3 days – $75
  • 6 days (transatlantic crossings) – $105

A Spa Passport is complimentary on the day of any Health & Wellness, Massage, Body or Skin Care treatment.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, fourmile.ranch said:

Just a note, our 14 day RT access was $179pp

We are doing a Back to Back over 15 days in Oct 2024. So will get a full round trip spa pass access booked as soon as stuff starts appearing on our Cunard thingy......

Silly question. Anyone know when things will start to show up on our Cunard to book for Oct 2024 trip?

We are on the crossing that leaves Brooklyn on August 18th and includes Norway and return.  We booked as one voyage for 24 nights.  If I buy a three day pass, can the days be spread throughout the 24 night voyage, even though the voyage could be booked as four segments?  I am assuming that it is cheaper to purchase prior to sailing.

Edited by patty3
  • Like 1

You should be able to spread them out. For our 26 night 'Norway and Northern Lights' sailing, we used six day passes, as three days on the eastbound crossing, one day on the Norway trip & the last two on the westbound crossing. During the Norway cruise, there was a transition from the '2 hour window' back to anytime for the day, with multiple entries if you wanted.

• Like 1

On 7/16/2023 at 1:12 PM, patty3 said:

We are on the crossing that leaves Brooklyn on August 18th and includes Norway and return.  We booked as one voyage for 24 nights.  If I buy a three day pass, can the days be spread throughout the 24 night voyage, even though the voyage could be booked as four segments?  I am assuming that it is cheaper to purchase prior to sailing.

Hi, patty3,

My MyCunard says: 

"Spa passes

Spa passes can be purchased at the spa reception desk when you board your ship. Unfortunately, passes are not available to book prior to your voyage."

So, it appears passes aren't available prior to sailing. You can book treatments, however. Would love to hear how the pass process goes after your voyage! I hope you'll update us!

• Like 1

On 7/11/2023 at 12:20 PM, GaryEssex said:

We are doing a Back to Back over 15 days in Oct 2024. So will get a full round trip spa pass access booked as soon as stuff starts appearing on our Cunard thingy......

Silly question. Anyone know when things will start to show up on our Cunard to book for Oct 2024 trip?

Hi, GaryEssex, not silly at all! For the spa treatments, drinks packages, and internet, 180 days out. Dining reservations closer to sailing, maybe 2 weeks out. Excursions, I'm not sure. I think some showed up right away. Maybe they update as they finalize them. My Cunard states the spa passes aren't bookable in advance. It's posted under the "Which spa services and treatments are available during my Cunard voyage?" Q&A. They also have their spa price lists linked there.

You've got some time!