Best NCL Dessert?

Monica887

15 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

Vanilla Cheesecake "In A Jar". Raspberry compote, graham crackers. 

image.png.f3650aa4bf12e1b9719fd29e8156714f.png

this, hands down.  its at Ocean Blue.   if they still have it, teh chocolate napoleon thingy at LeBistro is very good, and i still lament about the Oreo Cheesecake at Cagneys being discontinued.....

2 minutes ago, BostonGal35 said:

i still lament about the Oreo Cheesecake at Cagneys being discontinued.....

I didn't know this was a previous dessert. It sounds yummy! I'm now firmly in the camp of whyyyyy did they discontinue the Oreo Cheesecake. Mmmmm! 

Cagneys layer cake or the 5 ( 7?) spice cake in Chin Chin.   Although on the Joy last month the Tirimisu in the dining room was really good.  Headed out on the Jewel next week and planning on having all of these  

19 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

There is always Cocos 

image.thumb.png.f3f6d417716bb58bf07f90a6dc9a4b28.png

Oh my! THAT is my kind of sundae! Becuase I tend to not like their cakes I often order ice cream, but it's always a plain old scoop. Wish this could be on the MDR menu, or somewhere else. 

9 hours ago, cruiseny4life said:

While not the best banana pudding I've ever had, the banana pudding at Q is really good once you decapitate that nasty, hardened meringue:

20230322_194258.thumb.jpg.2717248830c5b22dd9be2cfaffa20020.jpg

The chocolate cake from Haven is scrumptious! Very yummy and not too, too rich. Again, you gotta decapitate that nasty caramel disc before enjoying the dessert.

20230318_190838.thumb.jpg.01fcc382033eba08e33eb99043213f5f.jpg

And I love baked meringue and caramel disks. I would eat all that garnish and just pick at the rest!

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, jrt.mom said:

I can't eat sugar and was pleasantly surprised at all the no added sugar desserts on the Pride of America...I hope the Encore also has them.

I wasn’t familiar with NAS acronym and made the mistake of trying the NAS chocolate cake in the buffet… never again.  Also avoid the cupcakes from cocoa, too dry. 

another vote for the chocolate lava cake in the MDR, closely followed by the scooped sorbet and sherbet in the buffet.  

On 4/17/2023 at 7:43 PM, hallux said:

Lives up to its name for sure!!

OMG Caramel Butterscotch Cheesecake, to be complete...

Ooooo now that I see you guys saying this is so good, I’ll have to try it next time. I always go for the chocolate cake, but after my discovery on my last Getaway cruise that if we order room service, it’s the same cake as Cagney’s, I can afford to branch out.

I am not a fan of NCL desserts generally speaking (I do bravely persevere to try to find ones I like lol), but I have always loved the lava cake! Nothing exciting or fancy but 🤤 so good! And the pleasant surprise last cruise was how much I enjoyed the banana caramel meringue tart from Moderno.11CD202A-3B7C-48FD-8498-86D654378CE9.thumb.jpeg.ca2cab9da118d52e841d4b0a245dfeac.jpeg

Edited by Dorhead1230
  • Like 1

• 5 months later...
On 4/18/2023 at 5:06 PM, Jldevlin said:

Cagneys layer cake or the 5 ( 7?) spice cake in Chin Chin.   Although on the Joy last month the Tirimisu in the dining room was really good.  Headed out on the Jewel next week and planning on having all of these  

Yes, although only been on one NCL (Epic) cruise so far, best dessert I had was the 5 Spice chocolate cake in Shanghai's - totally delicious, and quite a surprise.

I was on the Escape in September and the MDR Tiramisu was excellent. I broke my low carb diet whenever I saw it on the menu. I was so excited that I took a bite before realizing I wanted to take the photo. Hence, the fork tracks.

image.jpeg