drink package

happyfamily3

56 minutes ago, happyfamily3 said:

Do you get a reusable cup with the cheers drink package? They were very convenient for fountain drinks. We haven’t cruised in years and our last cruise was RC and they supplied cups.

No - but they sell tervis cups at any bar - think they were around $9.  Different styles, and price may vary.  We bring our own.  RC's cups were chip-enabled for their free-style soda machines.  I think the only ship that has the free-style machines is Mardi Gras - and I don't know if they give a chipped cup or you have to card-swipe for fountain drinks.  Maybe someone will chime in with a reply?

9 hours ago, pe4all said:

No - but they sell tervis cups at any bar - think they were around $9.  Different styles, and price may vary.  We bring our own.  RC's cups were chip-enabled for their free-style soda machines.  I think the only ship that has the free-style machines is Mardi Gras - and I don't know if they give a chipped cup or you have to card-swipe for fountain drinks.  Maybe someone will chime in with a reply?

card swipe

• Like 2

Maybe they will when/if Carnival installs the self-service fountains in more ships. As of right now, just on Excel class. No they don't provide a cup. Be nice if they did. Pouring a hot can of soda over ice just waters down the soda and makes it go flat quickly. Fountain drinks are much better.

The MG and Celebration have a few self serv fountain machines where you can swipe your sign and sail card and fill a glass with fountain beverages.  On all ships you can request the soda at a bar or dining room, but I believe most will give you a can.  

5 hours ago, mmjoy2016 said:

Is the Cheers package really worth it? $64 per person for 7 days, adds up to $896 Per cabin. We may have 2 or 3 cocktails each day. what is your option?

You have answered your own question if you are only consuming 3 cocktails each day.  Unless of course you wish to drink lots of canned soda, espresso based coffee drinks, bottled water, energy drinks and milkshakes. All of these non alcoholic drinks are included and unlimited. 

On 4/19/2023 at 6:32 PM, mz-s said:

Maybe they will when/if Carnival installs the self-service fountains in more ships. As of right now, just on Excel class. No they don't provide a cup. Be nice if they did. Pouring a hot can of soda over ice just waters down the soda and makes it go flat quickly. Fountain drinks are much better.

No, just cruise on the Excel Class or Vista Class ships and you can get cold cans of soda at JavaBlue Cafe. 

On 4/19/2023 at 7:31 AM, pe4all said:

There are no free style machines in the Carnival fleet.  The Excel Class ships have the old fashioned fountain soda options that are card swipe activated with locations on Lido in the buffet and on deck 5 in Guy's BBQ.

• Like 2