Any questions about iona whilst I’m onboard?

Vampiress88

11 minutes ago, Interestedcruisefan said:

Are there any queues to be concerned about anywhere?

If so where and what times?

I haven’t really experienced much but this isn’t classed as school holidays so I would expect the ship to be quieter than last cruise. 

I queued for the dinning opening at 5.30. Wasn’t really more than 10mins. We also did the virtual queue once and that was only a few minutes.
I have only booked table for 4 and 6. no idea the turn around time for a table for two. Tbh looking around it’s the big tables you see empty and the little two tables are full. 
Some of the bars are a little slow. 

I queued when we got to olden. Not really p&o fault that though. 

however, the 710 is fully booked. I haven’t been able to get in at all unless it’s 12.15am and I’ve got no chance at that time. 
Also by Tuesday the olive grove, beach house and sindhu are all booked up. 

57 minutes ago, Interestedcruisefan said:

Are there any queues to be concerned about anywhere?

If so where and what times?

We were on during the Easter cruise and there was some queuing for drinks (especially the first few days) but it got easier and it became easier to avoid the queues and getting the timing right! 

For dining, the app queuing was great: we needed a table for 6 and never waited long - even when it said there were 20/30 in front of us in the queue we never waited more than 10/20 minutes. There were queues in the Quays at peak times, but they move really fast and there were always tables (especially a little further away, more towards Sindhu).

The only queue of note was at Olden, and to leave the ship at disembarkation - but it was Easter and there were large family groups.

1 hour ago, Vampiress88 said:

I haven’t really experienced much but this isn’t classed as school holidays so I would expect the ship to be quieter than last cruise. 

I queued for the dinning opening at 5.30. Wasn’t really more than 10mins. We also did the virtual queue once and that was only a few minutes.
I have only booked table for 4 and 6. no idea the turn around time for a table for two. Tbh looking around it’s the big tables you see empty and the little two tables are full. 

however, the 710 is fully booked. I haven’t been able to get in at all unless it’s 12.15am and I’ve got no chance at that time. 

When we were on Olive Grove opened for new bookings every day 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Vampiress88 said:

Thanks Vamps

Try arriving at 710 club ten mins before a time slot and asking if they have space if you do want to try it in there. They can  normally get you in I think.

8 hours ago, Cloudyrain said:

We were on during the Easter cruise and there was some queuing for drinks (especially the first few days) but it got easier and it became easier to avoid the queues and getting the timing right! 

For dining, the app queuing was great: we needed a table for 6 and never waited long - even when it said there were 20/30 in front of us in the queue we never waited more than 10/20 minutes. There were queues in the Quays at peak times, but they move really fast and there were always tables (especially a little further away, more towards Sindhu).

The only queue of note was at Olden, and to leave the ship at disembarkation - but it was Easter and there were large family groups.

What is the queue at Olden. Getting on or off the ship?

The only queues I saw were for the photographer on formal night. Oh and to see Gary Barlow. But the queues were to get good seats.

Edited by daiB

8 hours ago, Gettingwarmer said:

When your steward meets you when you arrive at your cabin ask for ice to be delivered every day. 

We asked our cabin steward at the beginning of the week and we’ve had a full ice bucket in our fridge every day 

• Like 1

You mention swimming a few times.  Which pools are you using and are they all useable and comfortable warmth wise?

You've been blessed with what looks like wonderful weather which I assume means more people using the outside space. How do you think this would be affected if it was raining, ie is there enough space and things to do inside on seadays if the weather is inclement, do you think there would be queues forming?

Did you by any chance see the excursion programme at the beginning of the cruise and if so were the trips mostly sold out before boarding, ie if anyone booked onboard with their OBC would they have a good choice?

I have family members onboard with you and they are very enthusiastic so I understand it's going well for you all greatly aided by the beautiful spring weather.  Loving the pictures of the girls, how about a nice family group picture of you all together.

11 hours ago, Durie1989 said:

Thank you, but if the cabin steward isn’t about ? Sorry not been on a cruise for 5yrs so not sure how it works.

If you ask the steward for daily ice when he introduces himself on day 1, he will deliver it daily in the afternoon.

• Like 1

Vampires, if it's not too much trouble can you ask a question of the Epicurean restaurant host about the Norwegian tasting menu, please?

I want to know if the vegetarian needs to be requested ahead of dining?

Thanks 🙂

1 hour ago, TigerB said:

Vampires, if it's not too much trouble can you ask a question of the Epicurean restaurant host about the Norwegian tasting menu, please?

I want to know if the vegetarian needs to be requested ahead of dining?

Thanks 🙂

Sorry hun no longer on the iona. 

• Like 1