Shareholder Benefit Questions - and a concern!

Selbourne

Just now, davecttr said:

Yes, that is the email address. Several people including me have not received the automated reply. 

edit - more fun i have just received another email from the saying they can't apply OBC to my November cruise because it is over 90 days from departure. I said in my email to them this morning that i will re submit that request later in the year 😁

They must have skimmed that email. 😂

5 hours ago, davecttr said:

I recived an email from shareholder benefits stating that they could only process the claims between 21 and 90 days prior to departure.

I replied telling them that my August Cruise is 82 days from departure so please process it.

With a copy of the request attached

😠

5 hours ago, davecttr said:

Two days ago but the whole saga has lasted over a week. i think the problem is they are not reading my request details correctly or they can't count 90 days backward from 8th august 🙄

4 hours ago, davecttr said:

Yes, that is the email address. Several people including me have not received the automated reply. 

edit - more fun i have just received another email from the saying they can't apply OBC to my November cruise because it is over 90 days from departure. I said in my email to them this morning that i will re submit that request later in the year 😁

Makes you wonder what's going on in shareholderbenefit land.  They approved my shareholder OBC request submitted last week for a cruise in early September and notified me earlier this week as well as updated Booking Confirmation.  Cruise Personaliser says 108 days to go!

42 minutes ago, Son of Anarchy said:

Makes you wonder what's going on in shareholderbenefit land.  They approved my shareholder OBC request submitted last week for a cruise in early September and notified me earlier this week as well as updated Booking Confirmation.  Cruise Personaliser says 108 days to go!

You will believe this. I have just received ANOTHER email saying they can't pay the November cruise shareholder benefit yet

I ALREADY KNOW

🥵

• Haha 3

I do wonder seeing as Carnival shares have dropped on occasions to around £5 if so many have purchased a holding of 100 shares so as to benefit from the OBC that they are looking into whether to reduce these benefits as you don't have to cruise for weeks on end to get the £150 OBC. I had the OBC on Ventura earlier this year and I hope to receive it next year. 

4 hours ago, Cruisemeister2002 said:

I do wonder seeing as Carnival shares have dropped on occasions to around £5 if so many have purchased a holding of 100 shares so as to benefit from the OBC that they are looking into whether to reduce these benefits as you don't have to cruise for weeks on end to get the £150 OBC. I had the OBC on Ventura earlier this year and I hope to receive it next year. 

I think that decision would be for the annual board meeting and imagine the chaos that would ensue

On 5/17/2023 at 3:20 PM, Selbourne said:

Well I’ve had a reply this morning to my request last week to add shareholder OBC to our November 2024 Cunard cruise, headed “Cunard Shareholders Benefit Denied”. It reads;

Thank you for your application for Shareholder Benefits.

We are unable to process your shareholder benefit application at this time as we are outside 90 days prior to departure. We are only able to accept and apply shareholder applications between 21-90 days prior to departure and the balance is paid in full.

I am sorry for any inconvenience caused. We look forward to hearing from you soon.

They are, of course, quite correct in what they say. I just find it amusing that over the past few weeks they have added shareholder OBC to four other cruises (P&O and Cunard) that are all well outside the 90 days as well!

I’ll just have to remember to contact them again in August 2024!

I had the same email today, for a cruise next March. Like you, we've had a few authorised that fall outside of the window.

I think someone high up may have gotten wind of the liberal awarding of the benefit outside of the window, so they've put a new team leader in place; a really strict school mistress type. Woe betide anyone that steps out of line, they'll get their knuckles rapped with a twelve inch rule.

• Haha 1

I had read on this thread that they were applying shareholder OBC for cruises some time away.  We are on a B2B starting 27th Aug and 3rd Sept and we paid the first balance earlier this week, so DH applied for shareholder benefit for both.  He got a reply today saying the cruises need to be within 90 days and full balance paid, before it will be applied, but they did apply the OBC for the 27th Aug one, which is more than 90 days, though we had paid the balance. 

The 3rd September one needs to be re applied for - I paid the balance this morning, but better wait until after the 90 day deadline on 5th June.

15 minutes ago, tring said:

I had read on this thread that they were applying shareholder OBC for cruises some time away.  We are on a B2B starting 27th Aug and 3rd Sept and we paid the first balance earlier this week, so DH applied for shareholder benefit for both.  He got a reply today saying the cruises need to be within 90 days and full balance paid, before it will be applied, but they did apply the OBC for the 27th Aug one, which is more than 90 days, though we had paid the balance. 

The 3rd September one needs to be re applied for - I paid the balance this morning, but better wait until after the 90 day deadline on 5th June.

You're quite correct, they had applied the benefit for cruises that are way in the future, including ours, but now they appear to be adhering to the T&C's.  See posts #143 and #157

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Scorpio41 said:

If I didn’t already own carnival shares, I would be buying them so I could join in with the ‘OBC application’ game. 😂

I can’t help but wonder if this is the sweet spot for shareholder OBC and things may change going forward. I note that pre pandemic Carnival shares were £40-50 each, so to buy 100 was quite a significant outlay. Whilst I’m certainly not complaining (as I have benefitted from it), it seems a bit daft that an outlay of just £600-700 has enabled some of us with a number of cruises across several carnival brands to recoup 100% of our outlay in less than 12 months. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Selbourne said:

I can’t help but wonder if this is the sweet spot for shareholder OBC and things may change going forward. I note that pre pandemic Carnival shares were £40-50 each, so to buy 100 was quite a significant outlay. Whilst I’m certainly not complaining (as I have benefitted from it), it seems a bit daft that an outlay of just £600-700 has enabled some of us with a number of cruises across several carnival brands to recoup 100% of our outlay in less than 12 months. 

I can’t see this lasting - I purchased 100 shares for £750ish, I’m already up on that. Plus should get OBC for my cruise next month. 

I emailed on Wednesday to get the OBC for my cruise which is 21 days from tomorrow, no reply at all so far. I hope they honour it if they read the email past the 21 day mark. 

7 minutes ago, Landon90 said:

I can’t see this lasting - I purchased 100 shares for £750ish, I’m already up on that. Plus should get OBC for my cruise next month. 

I emailed on Wednesday to get the OBC for my cruise which is 21 days from tomorrow, no reply at all so far. I hope they honour it if they read the email past the 21 day mark. 

Fingers crossed for you. I sent off an email asking for OBC just 4 days before our recent Cunard cruise, apologising that it was so late but the cruise had only been announced at short notice. In all honesty, I was chancing my arm and expected to be told it was too late but, much to my surprise, the OBC was added.

I now have shareholder OBC added for all P&O and Cunard cruises up to and including May 2024, but they seem to have suddenly clamped down on it (hopefully not as a result of this thread 😂). 

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Selbourne said:

We didn’t all buy at the current low share price though!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Selbourne said:

It does seem generous at current share prices, but Carnival do not make any money on share purchases whatever the price is. So it seems unlikely they would discontinue the shareholder benefit based solely  on share price. However if they feel the offer is too generous, or they need to bolster their profits, then they might look at adjusting the amount of OBC. But I doubt we are talking about enough money to make either option attractive to Carnival.

8 hours ago, terrierjohn said:

It does seem generous at current share prices, but Carnival do not make any money on share purchases whatever the price is. So it seems unlikely they would discontinue the shareholder benefit based solely  on share price. However if they feel the offer is too generous, or they need to bolster their profits, then they might look at adjusting the amount of OBC. But I doubt we are talking about enough money to make either option attractive to Carnival.

I suspect that you are right. With the enormous debt mountain that they have, and the heavy discounts that they are having to make to fill their ships, I suspect that they may be reluctant to remove or amend anything that encourages people to make more bookings. I guess it’s just one of many marketing tools. 

1 minute ago, Selbourne said:

I suspect that you are right. With the enormous debt mountain that they have, and the heavy discounts that they are having to make to fill their ships, I suspect that they may be reluctant to remove or amend anything that encourages people to make more bookings. I guess it’s just one of many marketing tools. 

And imagine the reaction of USA Carnival shareholders, CARNAGE.

They are not 'musn't grumble' UK shareholders.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Landon90 said:

Just received an email confirming £60 OBC applied for my next cruise in just over two weeks. 12 free pints, cheers!

Not quite! 

In another thread someone one has just written that the bar prices have gone up. So, the cheapest pint of draught beer will now be £5.05. 😕

5 minutes ago, TigerB said:

Not quite! 

In another thread someone one has just written that the bar prices have gone up. So, the cheapest pint of draught beer will now be £5.05. 😕

I was drinking Birra Moretti on Ventura last month and with the peninsular discount I think it was around £4.85 a pint I was paying. Assuming it’ll be £5-£5.10 now. Still cheaper than my local pub but I hope they don’t increase prices again. 😁

• Like 1

On 5/22/2023 at 12:58 PM, Landon90 said:

Just received an email confirming £60 OBC applied for my next cruise in just over two weeks. 12 free pints, cheers!

Any reason why you received this ?   Just so we can all jump on the bandwagon and claim it  !  

6 minutes ago, Cheshire Blue said:

Any reason why you received this ?   Just so we can all jump on the bandwagon and claim it  !  

Purchased 100 shares of carnival group
Emailed proof to carnival 

Received £60 OBC for my 10 day cruise 

Purchase 12 pints with said OBC

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Landon90 said:

Purchased 100 shares of carnival group
Emailed proof to carnival 

Received £60 OBC for my 10 day cruise 

Purchase 12 pints with said OBC

Thanks understand.  I thought the £60 was an additional benefit (on top of the shareholder benefit) - hence my FOMO 😀.     

• Like 1

Interesting that OBC seems to be rather hit and miss.  I also applied for our upcoming cruise in September this year and was refused - Have to wait until 90 days prior.

Now wondering whether to give it a week or so and just try again!