Shareholder Benefit Questions - and a concern!

Selbourne

On 4/19/2023 at 8:37 PM, BandBlady said:

We are with Hargreaves’s Lansdown ,never had a certicate ,cruised with P&O mostly but no issue with Cunard ,Princess or Holland America in the last 15years of being shareholders .Best wishes 

We have Carnival shares purchased through Hargreaves Lansdown. Do you know what document we need to send to P&O as proof of ownership. TIA

5 minutes ago, Phyllis13 said:

We have Carnival shares purchased through Hargreaves Lansdown. Do you know what document we need to send to P&O as proof of ownership. TIA

If you login to your HL account (HL.co.uk), then click on the account the shares are held in (I.e. mine says Stocks and Shares ISA), then at the bottom it says PDF version - this is the document you email to Carnival. 

It has your name, account number, stocks and value on. P&O advise you block out your account number but I’ve never bothered. 

1 minute ago, Phyllis13 said:

From your current HL statement download a PDF file. Delete any non relevant items and incorporate the statement into an email to Carnival

Brian

Just now, BrianI said:

From your current HL statement download a PDF file. Delete any non relevant items and incorporate the statement into an email to Carnival

Brian

1 minute ago, Landon90 said:

If you login to your HL account (HL.co.uk), then click on the account the shares are held in (I.e. mine says Stocks and Shares ISA), then at the bottom it says PDF version - this is the document you email to Carnival. 

It has your name, account number, stocks and value on. P&O advise you block out your account number but I’ve never bothered. 

Thank you both for your help. 

Just asked my husband ,he just sends a copy of our holding .You’ve have to open and close your HL account so that the current date is showing within 3months of travel to prove current ownership .Hope this helps 

One piece of advice I would give is not to allow HL to handle the claim for you. Our first cruise after we bought the shares we did that and it did not go well. In the end our travel agent sorted it out and since then I did exactly what our fellow posters have recommended and have obc in place for our next 3 cruises. 

1 hour ago, BandBlady said:

Just asked my husband ,he just sends a copy of our holding .You’ve have to open and close your HL account so that the current date is showing within 3months of travel to prove current ownership .Hope this helps 

If you download as a pdf the current date is shown automatically 

Brian

2 hours ago, BandBlady said:

Just sent my newly downloaded certificate off to request the shareholder benefit for October 2023 and April 2024 cruises and this has been awarded for both within 24hrs!

3 hours ago, rickycheshire said:

Just sent my newly downloaded certificate off to request the shareholder benefit for October 2023 and April 2024 cruises and this has been awarded for both within 24hrs!

That's interesting, they have been saying you have to claim the benefit no more than 3 months from the cruise date.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, davecttr said:

That's interesting, they have been saying you have to claim the benefit no more than 3 months from the cruise date.

I have had my OBC for October for several months, they used to be fairly strict on the 3 months but now it seems hit and miss..

1 minute ago, Sheila127 said:

Sorry this might be a really stupid question! I have my shares with HL but have other share holdings! How can I download a copy of the P snd O holding without showing my other shares!

I only have Carnival shares with them, but on the basis that anyone would need your login details to do anything to your account (none of which is on the pdf) then personally I wouldn’t be bothered about it showing any other shareholdings, but I guess you could redact them either electronically or print off and redact with a marker and post to them if you were concerned about it. 

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, Sheila127 said:

Sorry this might be a really stupid question! I have my shares with HL but have other share holdings! How can I download a copy of the P snd O holding without showing my other shares!

Print a copy. Tippex out the details you don’t want to show. Take a photo and attach it to your email. Worked for me. 

• Like 3

11 hours ago, davecttr said:

We have just had ours added to a Princess cruise in March. Our TA said she had been told that it should not be added until 90 days before sail date. They have allowed it this time but next time we have to wait until the specific date. 

21 hours ago, sandancer said:

One piece of advice I would give is not to allow HL to handle the claim for you. Our first cruise after we bought the shares we did that and it did not go well. In the end our travel agent sorted it out and since then I did exactly what our fellow posters have recommended and have obc in place for our next 3 cruises. 

Sorry you had a a bad experience with HL. I have always sent them a request on their website with the details of the planned cruise and have never had any problem, other than they insist on the 90 days before sailing rule. I might try sending the pdf though next time, to see if it's easier. 

2 hours ago, sandancer said:

Maybe I just had bad luck, my application was sent to the wrong email address and my TA sorted out with just a week to go before the cruise. Since then I’ve sent the application in myself without any problem. 

I think I would prefer to deal directly! Less chance of errors!

• 3 weeks later...

Well obc sorted .I don't think p and o dept for assigning share obc benifit really know what they are doing .After 4 emails took a week to assign to booking .some might say that's not bad but after contacting my TA she contacted p and o an they said I should apply via email with proof of holding last 3 months .In my case they are with euinti electronic didn't have any recent contract proof .Then today this was assigned without any proof so do they know what to do, when they tell TA one thing and do the opposite. No wonder phone lines always engaged .Sep cruise was added In 36 hrs again without me sending uptodate ownership