Concierge/Suite Lounge and Diamond Lounge on Serenade

mafig

21 minutes ago, sowhat said:

Not forward but aft towards to the stern

Sorry if I wasn't clear, I mean if you walk forward, moving in the direction your picture shows, you will be able to see both sides.  In fact, if you move forward enough, you can stand on that little bridge area, too.  Somehow this doesn't seem any more clear.

16 minutes ago, Cigar King said:

Sorry if I wasn't clear, I mean if you walk forward, moving in the direction your picture shows, you will be able to see both sides.  In fact, if you move forward enough, you can stand on that little bridge area, too.  Somehow this doesn't seem any more clear.

That's better 

1 hour ago, Cigar King said:

The problem is that on the radiance class ships, they installed a glass wall between the outdoor portion of the suite lounge and anything forward (you can see it in the soot pictures that were posted) so you would have to scale the wall in order to do what you suggest.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, mafig said:

What's the difference?

Not much any longer.  Used to be on ships that still had a CL, D+ were still invited in.  Now as of a few months ago, they are banned permanently.   Probably why RCI has not bothered to finally change the name (or in some cases location) of the old existing CL to SL.   

With the SL .....D+ were never invited in from the start.  

With too many Pinnies on board (each ship has a threshold number)...Pinnacles (unless in a full suite) can also be banned from both CL and SL.  Has been a bit of a crap shoot for us.  

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, sowhat said:

Be careful  of the soot problems  in the outside  area for the suite/ concierge  lounge

P1200788.JPG.07e231f0668fe317e4f1349ae1af8e59.jpeg

P1200790.JPG.0fa88d31f7f9cd27aa604d62678ed272.jpeg

Yuck...I never use the outside section of the CL, but have never seen that kind of dump!  😛

You should see the Suite's sun deck on Wonder....real problem there.  Bucky lost an expensive good pair of shorts to that stuff that ate a hole in them.  What is it doing to our lungs?  🤕

18 minutes ago, island lady said:

Yuck...I never use the outside section of the CL, but have never seen that kind of dump!  😛

You should see the Suite's sun deck on Wonder....real problem there.  Bucky lost an expensive good pair of shorts to that stuff that ate a hole in them.  What is it doing to our lungs?  🤕

It really was that bad on Wonder I guess. Not that I didn't believe the earlier pictures I saw. My extended family is basically planning to camp out there (I hang out for a little bit then get out of the heat and go eat or something, lol).

Any workaround besides obviously putting towels down? Any better areas to try to grab up there?

1 hour ago, island lady said:

We were on Wonder of the Seas last May  for the first  three sailing  in the Mediterranean,  the suite  deck was clean and no soot, but there was a lot  a thick dark  emissions  emanating from the scrubbers in the stacks

1796966352_PointBlur_Dec012022_134106.jpg.e303284a99e143de00c6dce211ebb067.jpg

50 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

It really was that bad on Wonder I guess. Not that I didn't believe the earlier pictures I saw. My extended family is basically planning to camp out there (I hang out for a little bit then get out of the heat and go eat or something, lol).

Any workaround besides obviously putting towels down? Any better areas to try to grab up there?

Some days up there are worse than others.  Even trying to get underneath some of the covered area...the soot blows in.   I gave up and did not use it, though I was planning on doing so.  Bucky still used it being so convenient, but was not happy about his ruined new shorts.  😞 

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, sowhat said:

We were on Wonder of the Seas last May  for the first  three sailing  in the Mediterranean,  the suite  deck was clean and no soot, but there was a lot  a thick dark  emissions  emanating from the scrubbers in the stacks

1796966352_PointBlur_Dec012022_134106.jpg.e303284a99e143de00c6dce211ebb067.jpg

We were on the last two "go rounds" in the Med, then stayed on for the TA.   
Soot was not always present...but when conditions were right....oh yuck!  Black snow.  

5 minutes ago, island lady said:

Some days up there are worse than others.  Even trying to get underneath some of the covered area...the soot blows in.   I gave up and did not use it, though I was planning on doing so.  Bucky still used it being so convenient, but was not happy about his ruined new shorts.  😞 

Thanks. Since it's her side of the family, I'll let my wife decide if she wants to tell them in advance or not. I'm not delivering that news! 🤐

20 hours ago, davekathy said:

We prefer not to to sit, stand in soot while enjoying our drinks and views. But we are no longer allowed in the CL, so no biggie. 

Don't feel alone...most of the time we are not allowed in either...unless we book a GS and above.  Just not worth it for us on a ship without a CK...but we do enjoy the JS on Radiance class.  🙂 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, davekathy said:

My understanding is the CL allows Pinnacles and full suites (no Jr suites). D+ are no longer allowed in the CL. SL are for only those staying in Grand Suites and above. Pinnacles not staying in a GS or above are no longer allowed in the SL.   

Actually we are allowed in if numbers are low...just like the CL.   But, we always book a GS and above on ships with SL/CK, so I don't know what their threshold is.   We really enjoy the quieter meals in CK on ships that have them.  

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, island lady said:

Actually we are allowed in if numbers are low...just like the CL.   But, we always book a GS and above on ships with SL/CK, so I don't know what their threshold is.   We really enjoy the quieter meals in CK on ships that have them.  

Thanks. As you know I'm not a Pinnacle or a "suite" guy. 😁

20 hours ago, steveru621 said:

I guess we must be really lucky!  After 281 nights on a Radiance Class ship, we have never seen the soot that posters are referring to in recent posts.  The Diamond Club only has a view of one side of the ship.

Actually the view is forward and port side in the DL...since it is really just a sectioned off area of the VCL on the port side.  Open on the top over the wall to the VCL.  The CL is a totally closed off area from the VCL and used to be the old "cigar bar" on Radiance ladies.  

That is why we prefer hanging out "lounge lizard" style in the beautiful VCL for happy hour...especially at the circle bar.  🙂 

Though this last time on Jewel, we ended up at the half circle bar in the CL each night.  Was quieter in there on that cruise.  The DL was really nuts!  

20 hours ago, steveru621 said:

Fortunately, Concierge Clubs on Radiance class ships have not been converted to a SL.

Does not make much difference now, since the D+ are now banned totally.   SL never invited D+ into the lounge.  Now they are apparently not in a hurry to change the name plates outside.  😉 

19 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

Thanks. Since it's her side of the family, I'll let my wife decide if she wants to tell them in advance or not. I'm not delivering that news! 🤐

LOL...just let them find out for themselves.  😄  Who knows, maybe conditions will be right and the soot blows elsewhere.  🙂 

10 minutes ago, davekathy said:

Thanks. As you know I'm not a Pinnacle or a "suite" guy. 😁

I strongly disagree!!   You are indeed a sweet guy!!  🥰I have that on best authority from Kathy as well!!    And all sweet guys carry duck tape!  🦆  Bucky just blew his bro a kiss from behind me just now.  😄 😄  

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, OCSC Mike said:

After reading @island lady description of what happened to. Bucky, we pack shorts/shirts/tops/slacks that we dont’t care if we lose them to soot and dedicate them exclusively to suite deck use. Any clothing of any value to us never sees the sun deck.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, island lady said:

LOL...just let them find out for themselves.  😄  Who knows, maybe conditions will be right and the soot blows elsewhere.  🙂 

It actually hasn’t been bad this week - maybe the wind is finally blowing in the right direction.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

Post-covid, the lounges on Radiance ships are better since there's a bar right there for faster service. On Serenade last year the bar only had the basic "suite happy hour" menu, but on Jewel last month, it was a full bar with plenty of options.

Drinks for the DL are brought in from the "bar closet/mini kitchen" near the circle bar and just inside the sliding glass doors in the VCL.  In the CL...they have their own bar.  VCL circle bar takes care of the VCL itself. 

There is no bar in the DL at all...just the munchies and coffee machine.  

Edited by island lady