Live from Millennium Panama Canal East-to-West April 21 - May 6, 2023

DaKahuna

22 minutes ago, hcat said:

can you bring back  beans?

spices?

I can't quote you the regulations chapter and verse, but I know we were able to purchase nutmeg spices grown in Grenada and bring them on board and back to the USA (Eclipse, 2014).

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Purplsmurf said:

Interesting. We have gotten them on our last 4 cruises and none of them were on a suite.

Those flowers have nothing to do with class of room.  They have to do with your status in the Captains Club.  And I've never seen them refreshed in all the many cruises on which I've received them.

19 minutes ago, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

Those flowers have nothing to do with class of room.  They have to do with your status in the Captains Club.  And I've never seen them refreshed in all the many cruises on which I've received them.

Third set of fresh flowers today, they looked a bit weak last night and are in full health today.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

Gotcha! Makes sense now

18 minutes ago, The Colonel_Cruises said:

Now dealing with passenger heat event and barfing on bus. A thrill a minute! 

Take a video when someone blows up the full bag and then smashes it with one hand. I saw a little shower next to the gangway just in case. 💥

• Haha 1

53 minutes ago, Fly and Sail said:

Take a video when someone blows up the full bag and then smashes it with one hand. I saw a little shower next to the gangway just in case. 💥

Reminds me of early PT with Marines who over indulged the night before. Good times 😂.  

He stayed on the bus on our last stop. He's sleeping or passed out. His wife definitely a saint helping him get through it. Glad he is ok.

High adventure on the Millennium!

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, The Colonel_Cruises said:

Reminds me of early PT with Marines who over indulged the night before. Good times 😂

My first ride on the (German) Navy training ship in the North Sea was a similar adventure, even without any prior alcohol consumption. It suddenly dawned on me that I had joined the wrong service branch. Though I think 80% of our class were spewing their guts out.

2 minutes ago, Fly and Sail said:

My first ride on the (German) Navy training ship in the North Sea was a similar adventure, even without any prior alcohol consumption. It suddenly dawned on me that I had joined the wrong service branch. Though I think 80% of our class were spewing their guts out.

Hahaha. I became acquainted with that phenomena after being launched from the back of an LST in a AAV during sea state 2. One guy blew chunks and the rest of the crew under hatches spontaneously reciprocated. I was on the hatch and had fresh air so escaped the trauma below. 

Ok, I guess CC is not for war stories so... How bout that Gelato!

In other unrelated news Group 11 bus is 72 minutes from the Pier. Never tested that all aboard policy so this will be a first 🤣.

13 minutes ago, The Colonel_Cruises said:

In other unrelated news Group 11 bus is 72 minutes from the Pier. Never tested that all aboard policy so this will be a first 🤣.

Hmm that might be tight, although the ships dock-off time is supposed to be 18:30h? But yes, excursions booked through X are guaranteed that they wait. This port doesn't seem to be problematic anyway. We're the only ship here and its a long pier, probably don't even need a tugboat.

14 minutes ago, Fly and Sail said:

Hmm that might be tight, although the ships dock-off time is supposed to be 18:30h? But yes, excursions booked through X are guaranteed that they wait. This port doesn't seem to be problematic anyway. We're the only ship here and its a long pier, probably don't even need a tugboat.

Google prediction for arrival is 1808. If we are late, I at least want to be on a YouTube dock runner video.🏃‍♂️.

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, The Colonel_Cruises said:

Google prediction for arrival is 1808. If we are late, I at least want to be on a YouTube dock runner video.🏃‍♂️.

I didn't want to say the word, but my cabin selection might pay off after all for a prime pier runner view. Make sure you wave with both arms and yell for the video quality! 😂

• Haha 4

23 minutes ago, Fly and Sail said:

I didn't want to say the word, but my cabin selection might pay off after all for a prime pier runner view. Make sure you wave with both arms and yell for the video quality! 😂

I'll be the one with 6 pounds of coffee yelling and waving. 

Hopefully medical was alerted about the case on the bus. He is still dry heaving on the home stretch.

9 hours ago, cruisestitch said:

Amazing how you can remember what you were like as a toddler.  I do well to remember what I did last week😀

My memory isn't so good about last week, but I can remember all the way back to a family vacation to Nebraska when I was two years old. I have memories that might be earlier, but I can't put a time stamp on them like I can the Nebraska vacation. My mom always says, to this day, that my brother and I were the most well-behaved children. She points out when I was 5 and my brother was 8 and my parents were buying a car and it took the better part of two days. My brother and I just sat there, patiently, watching TV in the car dealership while our parents handled the deal. They did have ice cream in those little plastic containers with wooden spoons, so we were able to eat a few of those. I remember being bored silly, but we knew better than to do anything but sit there and be quiet. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, The Colonel_Cruises said:

We are Group 11. Save some beans for us!

Did you get your quota of coffee?  I bought six Pea Berry and two ground.  Maybe there was an extra bag or two.  Lost count! 

5 hours ago, The Colonel_Cruises said:

Now dealing with passenger heat event and barfing on bus. A thrill a minute! 

Glad we did not have that issue. 

3 hours ago, The Colonel_Cruises said:

Reminds me of early PT with Marines who over indulged the night before. Good times 😂.  

He stayed on the bus on our last stop. He's sleeping or passed out. His wife definitely a saint helping him get through it. Glad he is ok.

High adventure on the Millennium!

I have to plead guilty of that and I was Navy.  Over stayed my welcome at the CPO club and forgot I had PT test the next day.  I finished the PT test and went straight to the porcelain throne. 

Damn, I forgot to go out and look for pier runners, although we saw two people walking down the pier after 6 pm.  We were getting dressed for what ended up being a fantastic dinner.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Fly and Sail said:

Can someone explain to me why a MID CRUISE Internet “Special” is still $342 with 7 days to go? 

It was $525 for the entire cruise, not $684.

8A277A59-E9F2-4B4A-8139-729C147F44EF.jpeg

Did you ever go and buy 1/2 a cake at the bakery? It's never just 1/2 the price of the whole thing. Or a half order of a menu item at a restaurant? BTW the upgrade price is $87 for Elite+.