Hotel in Singpore?

WA Bubbles

We liked the Paradox hotel which is near Clark Quay,  It was a different name when we

stayed there.  This time we are going to stay at the Holiday Inn Express just a little farther

from Clark Quay as we will only be there 2 nights.  This is a very nice area and lots of

food and near transportation and good for walking.

• 2 weeks later...

It's pricey - but the Marina Bay Sands is a conveniently located choice. There's a train station next door (I think it's actually attached to the hotel by an underground walkway). It's next to the gardens by the bay.

We'll be staying here 3 nights pre-cruise. It's really pricey though ($800/night), so if that's a concern there's probably other hotels similarly located that aren't as expensive. 

It really depends upon the budget you want to spend. The MRT system is great (Subway System) you can go almost anywhere with it.  Basic but small Western Style hotel rooms can be rent in Chinatown for under $100 (USD) a night, or you can spend a $1000 a night at the Ritz Carton or Marina Bay. For the Singapore F1 Race we paid $1600 a night for a room overlooking the track. But we have stayed in $100 rooms in Chinatown and been happy. 

On 4/24/2023 at 7:45 AM, WA Bubbles said:

We will be coming off a cruise and staying a few days in Singapore before heading home.  We are looking for a hotel that is convenient to the trains, sites and food.  Does anyone have suggestions?

Pretty much every hotel in Singapore is close to great food and trains, and the country is so small that the sites aren't far away. I know that's not helpful, but it's true, especially in the eastern half of the country. 

I usually stay in one of two places:

- Conrad Singapore, located right by the Promenade stop (CC4/DT14), with a lot of high end hotels around. Not as close to great authentic hawker centres, but those are easy enough to get to via train. Walking distance to a lot of great sites. 

- Quincy Hotel, located a couple of blocks (so, a bit of a longer walk than Conrad but is at the end of a quiet street, with a downhill walk AWAY from the hotel, and uphill TO the hotel) from the Orchard stop (NS22/TE14) or the Somerset stop (NS23). Close to the shops of Orchard Rd but a bit further to other sites. 

They're often quite different in their pricing, with Conrad being quite expensive and Quincy being shockingly cheap at times. So take a look at that and go from there. 

Thank you for the information, it is good to know you can stay pretty much anywhere to get a MRT, see sights or get their wonderful food.  Also nice the lower prices hotels are decent, we would love the Marina Bay Sands but definitely out of our price range, a few days would have worked but our plans is for 7-8 days.

• Like 1

We have been to Singapore several times but on our last visit late February before boarding the HAL Westerdam, we stayed at the Furama City Center for two nights and really happy with our stay there. Nothing fancy but the location can't be beat. This was the best rate that we could find at the time under $100 a night. 7 to 8 minute walk to either Chinatown or Clarke Quay. Malls with food court just across the street. Our room was on the 19th Floor facing the beautiful view of the city. If there is a next time, we will definitely stay there again. If interested, check the video link under my signature.

totally agree that the metro system is so excellent that you can be where you want to be quickly.  I stayed in the Hilton Garden Inn Serangoon in Little India.  They were exceptional in their management of my booking and it was easy to connect to the train for the airport.  I needed a layover acclimation before traveling on to New Guinea.

I took the metro everywhere as the heat and humidity made street strolling challenging.  I carried my umbrella for shade

ROCruisers suggestion sounds excellent if you can get a high room.  What a treat a beautiful sunset would be

On 5/9/2023 at 6:58 PM, WA Bubbles said:

Thank you for the information, it is good to know you can stay pretty much anywhere to get a MRT, see sights or get their wonderful food.  Also nice the lower prices hotels are decent, we would love the Marina Bay Sands but definitely out of our price range, a few days would have worked but our plans is for 7-8 days.

I was put up at the Marina Bay Sands once. It's nice, very nice...but if you're paying for it out of pocket, there are other hotels in Singapore, even that area of Singapore, that are almost as nice for quite a bit less.