Live: Beyond TA: April 23 - MAY 7; 8 Day Adriatic: May 7 - May 15 & Sorrento

Lastdance

Even though Captain Kate is a passenger onboard, in an IV cabin, she is still included for some meet and greets.  I did get a photo of her and yours truly, but just not posting it.  Yes, she is very, very nice; her and Captain D get along fabulously too!

IMG_1742.jpeg

• Like 2

Just a little more art from around the ship; the third one is an interesting  closet...does it look like yours?  Oh well, I really wish that more would post either post early cruise photos, as I think those would be interesting to see, but obviously, no one is interested, especially with Jim_lain’s review going  “live" and all of his information!  That’s okay...I love Jim_lain too! **** Beyond has gone a step Beyond:classic_love: 

IMG_1718.jpeg

IMG_1717.jpeg

IMG_1715.jpeg

Edited by Lastdance
  • Like 7

Tonight we have Fine Cut, so that will be interesting especially since there are many different reviews based on food/experiences.  Actually, they are trying to find the right cut of meat to make Chateaubriand for two, but no promises that it is onboard.  That is fine, as we have so many other choices.  Day 12 is Eden!

Lunch today had a Caribbean theme.  personally, the food was very good, but the desserts were lacking in flavor except for the bread pudding: it was as delicious as ever! There are just not as many choices, but quality overall is very good, IMHO.

As far as our weather, it is perfect...sunny skies and 70!😀

Yes, my review is very abstract random, but I’m on vacation, so that is my top priority.  I am happy to try and answer any questions!

Edited by Lastdance
  • Like 6

This was from last night in Luminae.  I got just a wee bit crazy and used one of the decorative pebble- like stones to zoom in, showing us at dinner...anyway, the wait staff thought it was a clever idea!  My hubby’s look, on his face, says it all!🙃

IMG_1671.jpeg

Edited by Lastdance
  • Like 5
  • Haha 4

19 minutes ago, Lastdance said:

This was from last night in Luminae.  I got just a wee bit crazy and used one of the decorative pebble- like stones to zoom in, showing us at dinner...anyway, the wait staff thought it was a clever idea!  My hubby’s look, on his face, says it all!🙃

IMG_1671.jpeg

best use of those stones I've seen

otherwise they are just odd!

• Haha 1

Oh my, the filet at Fine Cut was so flavorful and tender, not to mention juicy...their version of a caesar salad with caviar was wonderful, even though I do not eat caviar.  Did someone mention dessert?  We had a huge hot fudge sundae and strawberry cheesecake!  I forgot the filet photos, as I dug in immediately!  My dessert photo isn’t there...darn.🫣

IMG_1747.jpeg

Edited by Lastdance

thank you for this live review- just got off of her a few weeks ago and loved it all!! Enjoy all of it as I'm back at work teaching.  Make sure you go to Eden for lunch - it's a great spot and for the shows and dinner! 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, novaten said:

thank you for this live review- just got off of her a few weeks ago and loved it all!! Enjoy all of it as I'm back at work teaching.  Make sure you go to Eden for lunch - it's a great spot and for the shows and dinner! 

Yes, we love Eden for lunch, but in the fall, we totally forgot about it!  Thanks for the reminder!

• Like 1

A great gym workout is even better when the ship is rocking and rolling, so quite a few were missing this morning.  The treadmill was great fun until an older gentleman was trying to get on the machine next to me, exerting loud ah’s, groans and a little laugh.  This is not the time to begin a program without a trainer; he finally got it going, but honestly, I didn’t want to watch him any longer than possible.  Usually, I do the Stair-master at home; however, those are not part of Beyond’s equipment selection.  

The weather was very cloudy and chilly, but the sun did poke its head out now and then.  Tomorrow’s weather shows that it may be a twin, but Azores are looking good, at least now.  Captain D said that we can count on some good weather there, as far as it looks at this time.

Now...time for my 100 minute spa session, from OBC...Oh, boy, Celebrity!  Beyond was really swaying, so that’s why the photo looks this way. 🤣 The second photo was actually level, but the sun came out, so the shade was down.  I tried to put it up, but it was down to stay.  Since I try to take a few photos when walking different hallways to places, the third was at the very front of deck 12!  I have to admit that it is now in my top three!

IMG_1769.jpeg

IMG_1770.jpeg

IMG_1768.jpeg

Edited by Lastdance
  • Like 2

I want to add two more pictures that are very well done, as Beyond uses themes when doing various decks.  The first one is in the stairwell, the second on deck 10!  Both really get your attention, but keeping my decks straight is a little difficult without notes.  If I am incorrect on anything, please do not hesitate to do a “shout out.” 

IMG_1766.jpeg

IMG_1767.jpeg

• Like 3

We are having so much great food, but honestly, way too much!  Below are just a few photos...the third one is upside-down, even though the photo is correct on here!  Sorry about that.  1.  OVC. 2.  Eden  3.  Fine Cut dessert

IMG_1771.jpeg

IMG_1772.jpeg

IMG_1749.jpeg

Edited by Lastdance
Tried to correct photo, but would not allow!
  • Like 3

Just in case anyone is interested in the booking promo...a couple who booked a cruise one the raffle for a future one; they were also upgraded to a sky suite for the rest of the cruise!  Lucky them!

IMG_1801.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Our weather has not been the best, as it has been very cloudy with spotty sunshine.  We arrive in Azores tomorrow morning; so far a whaling excursion has been canceled.  However, just being on this beautiful ship is exceptional by itself.  

Our butler left some treats and my lunch at the OVC was very good, as it was a Greek theme...

IMG_1774.jpeg

IMG_1800.jpeg

Edited by Lastdance
  • Like 1

How was the 100 min spa session?

I tried the Kerstase hair salon on BEYOND...did a great de frizz..but was pricey for my budget.

The spa was lovely! I may try a combo next time..usually I just books a massage at outset of a cruise and a facial towards the end,...

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, hcat said:

How was the 100 min spa session?

I tried the Kerstase hair salon on BEYOND...did a great de frizz..but was pricey for my budget.

The spa was lovely! I may try a combo next time..usually I just books a massage at outset of a cruise and a facial towards the end,...

The 100 minutes was excellent; it was great having the facial too, as I felt so relaxed.

• Like 1

Well, no Azores this morning.  Unfortunately, the weather was too bad to dock, so now we will make our way to Cartagena…we have been to Azores three times now, but the third time wasn’t the charm!  The captain said our ship was just too big to dock in this weather!  We will have more time in Cartagena, our next port.  I really look forward to some nice weather and visiting for my second time!  

IMG_1806.jpeg

Edited by Lastdance