Which speciality dining restaurant/s on Silhouette?

ninnypoo

Hello,

My fiancé and I are going on our first ever cruise on Silhouette in July. We have £600 OBC between us and want to use some of it for a speciality dining meal or two (we are going on the cruise with family and will eat meals with them in the MDR the rest of the time- it’s a 12 night cruise so 2 meals by ourselves should be ok!) We aren’t sure which restaurants are the best/would be best for first time on board. We have done Le Petit Chef before on land so not bothered about that. Also not sure if we need to pre-book before boarding or do so on the ship?

Any help is appreciated- thank you!

1 hour ago, ninnypoo said:

Hello,

My fiancé and I are going on our first ever cruise on Silhouette in July. We have £600 OBC between us and want to use some of it for a speciality dining meal or two (we are going on the cruise with family and will eat meals with them in the MDR the rest of the time- it’s a 12 night cruise so 2 meals by ourselves should be ok!) We aren’t sure which restaurants are the best/would be best for first time on board. We have done Le Petit Chef before on land so not bothered about that. Also not sure if we need to pre-book before boarding or do so on the ship?

Any help is appreciated- thank you!

Murano for sure.  Sounds like we might be with you the same week.  Best of Scandinavia.

I'd recommend pre-booking so you can get day and time you want. Might be some discounts pre-cruise. I know in the past I've seen some folks have gotten a discount on board not sure if that still woks or not. Murano is French influenced with some tableside cooking, very good. I've also enjoyed Tuscan and Lawn Club. Just keep in mind some folks are put off by Lawn Club when you are at sea. It is covered but when you are at sea it can get very windy up there.

The Silhouette is a lovely ship, you have chosen well for your first ever cruise!

I agree with what others have said - Murano is best in class, and I would recommend early bookin as it is extremely popular.

Tuscan Grill is at the back of the ship and has panoramic views so is a good choice for sail-aways and views of the wake. Much more casual than Murano - be warned, portions are huuge!

Most casual of all (eg drinking out of jam jars!) is the Lawn Club Grill. It is outdoors (although covered) so can get windy. There's also a cinema screen on the other side of the lawn showing mainly sports items which can be a bit distracting. But the food is excellent, with a build-your-own salad bar, and the warm chocolate brownie dessert is not to be missed!

Enjoy your cruise!

We always try each one at least once.  The only expection is sushi on five as that doesn't appeal to us nor does the Porch-too much seafood for my DH.  Our favorite is the Lawn club grill, followed by Murano, Tuscan and try the Petite chef at least once.  We always take a package, even though we are in a suite.

Edited by Cruise a holic

I prefer the Lawn Club Grill overall on the Silhouette,  I think its more the casualness of the meal, being on the rooftop and just relaxing instead of the formal meal that Murano tends to be.  Food is great in both.  Tuscan is also a favorite and I usually book it if Im on one of the ships for the first night meal, get away from the craziness of the MDR on embarkation day.  I also find the steaks and seafood better than the other restaurants at the LCG.  You really cannot go wrong with any of them to be honest.  They each have their own appeal.