Sunset Veranda Stateroom

lottee

Loved our SSV recently on Beyond.  Made a point of asking others in convo what type category they had and the manly of those in infinite veranda were one and done.  We were interested in a cruise late 2024 and all SSV were booked.  Apparently they go quickly so book early.  

Love the sunset balcony but I would use pool towels to sit on as they can be small flecks of soot daily. Also watch the railings when you lean  as it can be there as well

If you are on a high deck there are often folks leaning over from just above so not so private

The balconies vary in width so look them over and try to get a wide one.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, mickeysgal said:

I’ve got Millennium deck 7 booked in- I’m assuming Summit sunsets are the same? This looks fantastic! 

Yes, Millennium and Summit Sunset Veranda cabins are the same. 

56 minutes ago, gold1953 said:

Love the sunset balcony but I would use pool towels to sit on as they can be small flecks of soot daily. Also watch the railings when you lean  as it can be there as well

If you are on a high deck there are often folks leaning over from just above so not so private

The balconies vary in width so look them over and try to get a wide one.

Is this soot issue true of all the ships?  Just certain class ships?

36 minutes ago, bigAWL said:

I have only sailed M and S class but yes for both. Usually tiny spots but  got them on my clothes. I had higher level verandas .

56 minutes ago, bigAWL said:

Recently on the Equinox in a SV deck 10 in the middle and no soot at all.

On 5/16/2023 at 3:01 PM, TravelingCircusof5 said:

Is there a good website to search for SV availability? We sailed in one on Beyond, and now I don’t want anything else. But doing a dummy booking for every possible date is getting old, 

They have this feature on cruiseplum.com via their "Suite Search" page (which requires a free account to access). On the suite search page, click on the "Lines and Cabins" filter and then under the Celebrity, Balcony category there should be SV - Sunset Veranda. You can then filter by ship and sail date from there.

39 minutes ago, drakes2 said:

Recently on the Equinox in a SV deck 10 in the middle and no soot at all.

Ditto…Equinox in February…SV deck 8 in the middle (cabin 8344) and no soot. 

Edited by lola2013
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, bigAWL said:

We saw very little on Beyond on deck 11.  I also used our towels to sit on but checked the towels after and it was minimal.  

3 hours ago, bigAWL said:

I find this can vary with the wind direction in relation to the heading of the ship....I have had sailings with zero issues, and a few with vary little soot to deal with.  

Edited by PTC DAWG

6 hours ago, PTC DAWG said:

I find this can vary with the wind direction in relation to the heading of the ship....I have had sailings with zero issues, and a few with vary little soot to deal with.  

I was about to say that it is usually wind related but even a little bit is too much when where light colours!

We book Sunset Verandas whenever they are available.  As others have noted, it's a longer walk to the elevator, but the room is larger, balcony larger, and we like watching where we've been (the wake).  They cost a little more, but are worth the difference, especially on Edge class ships.

• Like 1