Hockey in Sports Bar ?

IMSAILING

I know the in cabin channels don't have very good content these days. Wondering if the sports bar will show hockey or just basketball. Do they show more than one game at a time ?

You'll have to ask them if they can get it. Generally you only see ESPN channels. They'll likely have all of the TVs on ESPN and ESPN2. I know they have a special deal to get the NFL games. And they had the NLCS and World Series on when I cruised on Panorama in 2021. I don't think I've ever heard about them having a special deal to get the hockey playoffs. I do know they have some weird versions of ESPN channels that have sporting events that aren't on our ESPN channels. I would say you'd have to ask them at the time, but I would go in with low expectations. 

• Like 1

Agree with Saint Greg, go in with low expectations, then be pleasantly surprised if they have it on, our experiences on various ships during Stanley Cup Playoffs have been “hit or miss.” (Currently 4-2 Panthers with 2:49 left - yikes.)

Edited by cellfree
grammar

I've been on plenty of cruises in early May and have watched many NHL playoff games on in the sports bar. I haven't paid too deep of attention of which ones they're showing because its never the Sabres. 

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, IMSAILING said:

I know the in cabin channels don't have very good content these days. Wondering if the sports bar will show hockey or just basketball. Do they show more than one game at a time ?

I hope so we are on the Celebration next week, I may live in NC but still a Canadian citizen from Windsor and will be looking for it, otherwise I'm thinking of bringing my iPad to stream it

3 hours ago, dbrucern said:

I hope so we are on the Celebration next week, I may live in NC but still a Canadian citizen from Windsor and will be looking for it, otherwise I'm thinking of bringing my iPad to stream it

Tv consist of Discovery channel, HGTV, Food network, CBS news, TCM, Cartoon network, Nick, and Travel Channel. They should change the name of the Travel channel to the Paranormal channel.

At least on the Celebration this week.

• Like 1

Make friends with the bartender in the sportsbar the first day and if they get the game you have a shot.

Otherwise I'm sure there will be more people looking for NBA playoffs and MLB games. 

(he who tips best gets heard the best)

2 hours ago, bguppies said:

Make friends with the bartender in the sportsbar the first day and if they get the game you have a shot.

Otherwise I'm sure there will be more people looking for NBA playoffs and MLB games. 

(he who tips best gets heard the best)

That’s a good thought. Every time I went in there before on this ship I had a choice between Soccer and Cricket   One drink and I was out of there. 🥅🏒