Did on line checking in Docs change?

wemjam

Ok, so did something change with on line documents?

I just checked us in and when I printed the documents I got my boarding passes, and the luggage tags (which are their own check boxes)

Also, the general boarding documents - again its' own box to check.

BUT, for the general boarding documents all that printed is "Important Information" pages (all the legal ease).  I am used to also getting like a "summary" that shows our information, our room, the billing info, all my pre-purchases, OBC, etc.  I have tried to print like 5 times and all that I can get is the Important Information pages.

What gives?  Is this new, or do I need to call?

1 minute ago, mz-s said:

I don't think they provide that anymore, as of a few months ago. Not sure why not.

Well that kind of sucks... how are we supposed to know our OBC.  Used to be the only way you could see it was on this document page.  Now with that gone, there is no record of it anywhere in our booking that we can see to confirm once on board.

Or am I missing something?

At least all the information I can print from my booking page (like all my pre-purchases) to take with me for a summary.

Also, weird thing is when I did the online check in and got to the end to print, the invoice check box actually listed "invoice, pre cruise purchases, Travel Notes "Know Before you Go" in the description under the check box.

I printed it and closed out.

Then I realized the info I was looking for wasn't there so I went back in to reprint thinking it was a "glitch"  NOW that box only says " Travel Notes (helpful cruising tips and "Know Before You Go" information)"

If you go to booking and order details page, then view invoice details, you will see your invoice there - you can print that if you want. On board credits show on this page.

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, mz-s said:

If you go to booking and order details page, then view invoice details, you will see your invoice there - you can print that if you want. On board credits show on this page.

Yep, I guess I should clarify what I meant.

So on the old invoice that used to print, it would show you the "total" OBC you have.  Then it would list any pre-purchases separately.

We have used our OBC toward some of our many pre-purchases so now it shows "0" in the billings page.

At this point, because it was months ago, I don't remember what that "starting" OBC was.  I guess it doesn't really matter, I just liked the way they did it before because it was all spelled out.  Since I am mixed bag on all these purchases OBC, CC, Gift Card, etc.  It can get confusing lol.

Just like the idea of being able to match up everything with my statement on board to what my expected starting OBC is and how it is deducted from that to make sure everything is correct.  They do make mistakes.  NOT often, but it has happened.  Now since I don't remember my starting OBC and it isn't spelled out, it is a little less clear to do this. That's the accountant in me.

Edited by wemjam
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, wemjam said:

Yep, I guess I should clarify what I meant.

So on the old invoice that used to print, it would show you the "total" OBC you have.  Then it would list any pre-purchases separately.

We have used our OBC toward some of our many pre-purchases so now it shows "0" in the billings page.

At this point, because it was months ago, I don't remember what that "starting" OBC was.  I guess it doesn't really matter, I just liked the way they did it before because it was all spelled out.  Since I am mixed bag on all these purchases OBC, CC, Gift Card, etc.  It can get confusing lol.

Just like the idea of being able to match up everything with my statement on board to what my expected starting OBC is and how it is deducted from that to make sure everything is correct.  They do make mistakes.  NOT often, but it has happened.  Now since I don't remember my starting OBC and it isn't spelled out, it is a little less clear to do this. That's the accountant in me.

I do not know how to retrieve that information at this point. Probably not until you are onboard and can view your Folio? It's a poor change I agree.

I noticed the same thing back in February, general information does not print for me. i too miss the pages that has the itinerary, pricing and other very useful things  

the last time i called carnival they said it was a bug/glitch in the system and it appears it will never be fixed

Edited by shof515
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, shof515 said:

I noticed the same thing back in February, general information does not print for me. i too miss the pages that has the itinerary, pricing and other very useful things  

the last time i called carnival they said it was a bug/glitch in the system and it appears it will never be fixed

Ya last time cruised was January and it was the old way... so they must have changed it after that.

Not having a printer friendly page for pre-purchased items is just bad.

If you click invoice, on the on-board credit portion, it shows you the OBC remaining, and if you click the little down arrow, it'll show you how much was used, and the original total.  But, not what they were used for.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, PrincessArlena'sDad said:

Not having a printer friendly page for pre-purchased items is just bad.

If you click invoice, on the on-board credit portion, it shows you the OBC remaining, and if you click the little down arrow, it'll show you how much was used, and the original total.  But, not what they were used for.

THANK YOU!  That little drop down arrow note helped.  Didn't see that.  At least I can see what OBC I started with.

I do also keep all my emails for my purchases which kind of spell out how each thing was paid for so that helps.

Like I said, I just wanted to know before I got on what that starting OBC was that should appear on my statement (from which there will then be line items of deductions) and couldn't figure out how to see that.  Want to make sure on board matches what I see now.

5 hours ago, wemjam said:

Well that kind of sucks... how are we supposed to know our OBC.  Used to be the only way you could see it was on this document page.  Now with that gone, there is no record of it anywhere in our booking that we can see to confirm once on board.

Or am I missing something?

At least all the information I can print from my booking page (like all my pre-purchases) to take with me for a summary.

When I checked in for our late March cruise that summary information was printed with the other documents when I first checked in.  I logged in later that day and my boarding group was different and that summary information was no longer available.

• Like 1

I have emailed Carnival asking why they got rid of the very useful info that has been around forever with the boarding documents and got no response. On Heald's page they claim it is coming back but it has been several weeks. There is zero reason to not provide these pdf file documents but they ALWAYS have to be tinkering with the website experience it seems. Very annoying! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I think they messed with the document generation system to take off the priority notification on luggage, then people wigged out so they had to add it back, and ended up breaking it. And the people who designed the system have left (because Carnival offshored their IT some time ago) so nobody knows how to fix it.

5 hours ago, rcrabb1513 said:

When I checked in for our late March cruise that summary information was printed with the other documents when I first checked in.  I logged in later that day and my boarding group was different and that summary information was no longer available.

Ya it said under the check box it was going to print all the items (invoice, things to know, etc), and then only printed the legal ease.   When I went back it said only "things to know" under the same check box.... so messed up.

Hope they moved your zone up, not back that would kind of peeve me off.

27 minutes ago, wemjam said:

Ya it said under the check box it was going to print all the items (invoice, things to know, etc), and then only printed the legal ease.   When I went back it said only "things to know" under the same check box.... so messed up.

Hope they moved your zone up, not back that would kind of peeve me off.

My original boarding group was "Priority"  The updated boarding group was "E1."  I had printed both boarding passes and decided I would use the first boarding pass.  When boarding no questions asked...

• Like 2