Shows on the megaships (Allure) reservation question.

[Moving on from the drama....😁

1st time on a megaship and first time on RCL (Allure) leaving next week.  Relatively experienced cruisers never had any issue getting show seats on a FCFS basis.  Last year on NCL Encore we didn't do a show, and the comedy ones were booked up - our first experience with "reservations needed".  We live busy lives and haven't paid much attention.  All shows are booked for the entire cruise and the ladies wanted to see Mama Mia.  Any tips other than "better luck next time"?

Thanks in advance.

There will be a "stand by line" for all shows requiring reservations.  About ten minutes before the show, they open it up to allow everyone in.

The only show you are unlikely to get in via standby is the Adult Comedy Show.  That venue is tiny, and usually only 10-20 people get in from standby.  

But there will be no problem seeing Mamma Mia or the skating show or any of the production/headliner shows via the standby method.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, brillohead said:

There will be a "stand by line" for all shows requiring reservations.  About ten minutes before the show, they open it up to allow everyone in.

The only show you are unlikely to get in via standby is the Adult Comedy Show.  That venue is tiny, and usually only 10-20 people get in from standby.  

But there will be no problem seeing Mamma Mia or the skating show or any of the production/headliner shows via the standby method.

MIL, DW, and DDs will be happy.  Thanks.😁👍

• Like 1

The other thing you can do is make reservations as soon as you board via the app.  The shows are not completely sold out- allowing for those who didn't to do so once they board.

We did that on the Allure back in Feb.

I was on the Harmony back in August 2022, and at the time, you couldn't reserve any shows until you boarded. Did that change in the meantime?

I'm going on the Oasis in June, and all of the shows (except Cats) are "sold out". They weren't even available on the app when I last checked a couple weeks ago. I'd be surprised if even the 1030pm aqua shows would truly be sold out.

I do not believe it is absolutely not possible to get to Aqua show even if it is completely booked out.

However if this happens there are places in aft from which you can watch show. Not everything is a private balcony.

Allure of the Seas Cruise Ship Outdoor Deck Areas

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, geneparmesan said:

I was on the Harmony back in August 2022, and at the time, you couldn't reserve any shows until you boarded. Did that change in the meantime?

Yes. that was a post-covid restart thing. We are back to advanced reservations now.

That said, as mentioned above, only the comedy shows are difficult to attend without reservations. Just use the standby line. Also, from what I've read, a certain % of reservations for each show are withheld for booking onboard so try to again once you board.

• Like 1

Just now, Tatka said:

However if this happens there are places in aft from which you can watch show. Not everything is a private balcony.

Good tip. We've watched from deck 7 before in one of those public areas.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Tatka said:

I do not believe it is absolutely not possible to get to Aqua show even if it is completely booked out.

Allure of the Seas Cruise Ship Outdoor Deck Areas

In that picture, only the bottom balcony (Deck 7) is public, it's the access to the rock walls. The rest are the AquaTheater Suites. Decks 8-10 are the 2 bedroom, and Decks 11-14 (Oasis class skips 13)  are the 1 bedroom.

12 hours ago, Tippyton said:

[Moving on from the drama....😁

1st time on a megaship and first time on RCL (Allure) leaving next week.  Relatively experienced cruisers never had any issue getting show seats on a FCFS basis.  Last year on NCL Encore we didn't do a show, and the comedy ones were booked up - our first experience with "reservations needed".  We live busy lives and haven't paid much attention.  All shows are booked for the entire cruise and the ladies wanted to see Mama Mia.  Any tips other than "better luck next time"?

Thanks in advance.

You can also try using the app, as soon as your board the ship and are connected to the ship's wifi (free for the app).  More spots may have been added.  The app will fully update once you're connected to their wifi and you'll be able to see things you weren't able to see before and also click on things like a non-reservable event like a belly flop contest and that will add it to your calendar and you'll get a pop up reminder.  

• Like 2