Switching from MTD to traditional

Hello fellow cruisers, long time lurker, first time poster here.

So we booked a cruise on the Liberty of the Seas through a travel agent. We booked 3 cabins for our party of 8 (our family and the in-laws). At first, we wanted to do MTD, but it was a little too late for my in-laws. So, I asked our TA to change it to traditional dining at 5:30 and she said it was done. Now, when I did the check-in, I realized that it was only my cabin that had been changed to 5:30, the other 2 were still on MTD. I asked her to change them to 5:30 and she just replied to me saying that she couldn't do it but it was not a big deal because people on MTD can go eat anytime they want.

I know this is not true, and I'm wondering if it's too late to change the 2 other cabins to 5:30. What's the best way to bypass our TA and contact Royal about this? I was planning on going straight to the MDR once we get on the ship, but I'd like to take care of this before embarkation, if possible.

Thank you very much for your help!

I changed from MTD to Traditional by e-mail- RCLDining@rccl.com 

It took a couple of days for them to reply, but they sorted this out for us very easily. Or you can wait until you're on board.

Edited by EmilyJay

5 minutes ago, Pwal said:

Hello fellow cruisers, long time lurker, first time poster here.

So we booked a cruise on the Liberty of the Seas through a travel agent. We booked 3 cabins for our party of 8 (our family and the in-laws). At first, we wanted to do MTD, but it was a little too late for my in-laws. So, I asked our TA to change it to traditional dining at 5:30 and she said it was done. Now, when I did the check-in, I realized that it was only my cabin that had been changed to 5:30, the other 2 were still on MTD. I asked her to change them to 5:30 and she just replied to me saying that she couldn't do it but it was not a big deal because people on MTD can go eat anytime they want.

I know this is not true, and I'm wondering if it's too late to change the 2 other cabins to 5:30. What's the best way to bypass our TA and contact Royal about this? I was planning on going straight to the MDR once we get on the ship, but I'd like to take care of this before embarkation, if possible.

Thank you very much for your help!

When is your cruise? A good TA would handle your request. Call RC and ask. If RC can't call the TA back or someone above her. 

6 minutes ago, davekathy said:

When is your cruise? A good TA would handle your request. Call RC and ask. If RC can't call the TA back or someone above her. 

We're leaving on June 1st. Yeah, a good TA should be able to deal with it, but I may have picked the wrong one... I'll check again with her. Thanks.

10 minutes ago, Pwal said:

We're leaving on June 1st. Yeah, a good TA should be able to deal with it, but I may have picked the wrong one... I'll check again with her. Thanks.

Been there done that! Luckily I was able to go around her and our booking was handled by her supervisor going forward. 

Do it sooner rather than later as your sail date is quickly approaching. You may not think so. 😉

BTW, welcome to CC. 🍻

Edited by davekathy

I don’t think MTD starts until 6 on most ships and it will be a different dinning from from your reservation so you couldn’t sit together even if they could go at the same time.

Your TA should be able to get them on the waitlist then you can try once onboard. Make sure she has all the reservations linked also

50 minutes ago, Desert Cruizers said:

Your reservations should have been linked and your TA should be able to switch both you & your friends. I just called my TA to switch us as we were shown as MTD. 

Yeah, our reservations are linked, so hopefully, she can sort it out. I’m waiting to hear back from her.