May 6, 2023. 12 night Treasures of the Mediterranean

tyler6597

First I want to assure all of you that have cruises coming up with one of the 4 Azamara ships that the process of getting onboard and checked in the journey from the airport in Barcelona was as smooth as it can get. We got in to Barcelona airport at 8:00 a m and went to baggage and grabbed our bags. We then turned around and there was 3 representatives from Azamara to tell us where to sit until they came back to take us to the bus to take the short trip to the port. We were way early but we got on the bus around 9:45 am. The bus trip took 20 to 30 minutes and we went to a outside restaurant and bar that was next to the azamara location for check in. We mingled with others that were also early and waiting. At 11 am they allowed us to check in and we were on the ship and we got to roam the ship and get some food. The room wasn't ready for us to go to until 1:30 pm. At that time we got into the room and the luggage didn't show up until 5 pm. We got a bite to eat and the muster drill was at 3:30 and it was a breeze. At 4 the ship pulled off. There were people without boarding passes and shore excursions missing plus outstanding unknown balances that were all resolved quickly and without any problems. It was the easiest check in we've ever had so I want you future cruisers that have problems with Azamara to know that everything will be handled with the professional expertise you are used to and will get. We had the White night last night and I'll tell you what to expect tomorrow. Great cruise so far.

Tyler

• Like 10
  • Thanks 4

Covid is over.  The perceived need for small-group Muster Drills is gone.  For the last few years most of us have been praying for a return to 'normal' – well, here it is.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

Covid is over.  The perceived need for small-group Muster Drills is gone.  For the last few years most of us have been praying for a return to 'normal' – well, here it is.

It would be lovely if it was "over" - it is not and never will be as it continues to mutate.

We came home from our last cruise with an unwelcome addition - COVID.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Baynanno1 said:

It would be lovely if it was "over" - it is not and never will be as it continues to mutate.

We came home from our last cruise with an unwelcome addition - COVID.

Us too [DW].  But it's 'over' as a pandemic emergency.  It is now 'endemic' like flu.  So the world – and even cruise lines, which were the first hot spots (thank you Princess) – has moved on.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

The perceived need for small-group Muster Drills is gone.

As you can see the “perceived” need will continue despite the actual need being long gone. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RichYak said:

As you can see the “perceived” need will continue despite the actual need being long gone. 

As long as they don't make me troop out to stand under the lifeboats, they can do it any way they like.  [Yes, I did really like the small-group approach on our last Azamara cruise – but I'm not sure that the dancer who led it was going to be part of the crew that actually saved my life if the worst came to pass.  There is no right answer on this...]

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

7 hours ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

Us too [DW].  But it's 'over' as a pandemic emergency.  It is now 'endemic' like flu.  So the world – and even cruise lines, which were the first hot spots (thank you Princess) – has moved on.

Meaning we can still get infected but all care and responsibilities are our own. Government are not paying anymore for vaccines, research, and whatever they were paying before. 
It is up to us to protect us, the same way we protect ourselves from other contagious diseases. 
Ivi

• Like 2