First time in Aurea. Any way to reserve mytime dining before cruise?

wayne_trisha

If you are Aurea, it is automatic.  There is no need or way to request anytime dining.  No worries.  Your confirmation will show your dining time as "My Choice" (MSC's term for anytime dining).

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, wayne_trisha said:

Thanks. I assume then we just go to the dining room when we are ready. We just prefer to eat early.

Exactly.  You may want to check when you board, but on Seaside, there is no dedicated Aurea dining room. They have usually carved out a portion of the Seashore dining room on Deck five for My Choice.

I should have said designated Aurea Dining AREA.
As JAGAR correctly pointed out, mostly a small(ish) area within the MDR as opposed to an entirely separate room as my first post implied. 

• Like 1

Sounds like it is important to you that you dine at the same time everyday.  When you get on board, talk to the Matire"D at the Aurea Mytime area.  I'm sure they will accommodate you.

41 minutes ago, wayne_trisha said:

What i am gathering here is that I cannot make dining reservations in advance of the cruise.

If you are Aurea, no, but you can go when you want.  If you like your table and servers on the first night, you could let the maitre d know you would like that for set dining. I'm sure they would be able to accommodate you.

1 hour ago, JAGR said:

Exactly.  You may want to check when you board, but on Seaside, there is no dedicated Aurea dining room. They have usually carved out a portion of the Seashore dining room on Deck five for My Choice.

How do they do the seating?   I’m doing Aurea Seaside solo this time and a little concerned don’t want to eat alone.  

Edited by ddlb
Word

7 hours ago, wayne_trisha said:

What i am gathering here is that I cannot make dining reservations in advance of the cruise.

Just show up and you’ll be seated immediately. 
Not understanding your desire to make a reservation when this is completely unnecessary. 
After the first night you’ll get the hang of it. Don’t stress!

The stress part is coming from RCCl where if you don't get your reservations in early you might not get what you want. We had early dining as fantastica and want to be able to eat early so we can maybe catch a show. We are very early risers and that does not change during vacation.

6 hours ago, wayne_trisha said:

The stress part is coming from RCCl where if you don't get your reservations in early you might not get what you want. We had early dining as fantastica and want to be able to eat early so we can maybe catch a show. We are very early risers and that does not change during vacation.

Aurea dining opens at 6. Just show up. 
For the first few nights I recommend you show the host/hostess your cruise card that says Aurea. (Regular dining first seating also opens at 6. You don’t want to get shuffled way to the back of the dining room. The Aurea section is right up front.)
Once they get to know you, they will know your preferences. 
We prefer a 2 top. After about the third night of this 23 day cruise, they/we were on autopilot.  Sometimes we’d show up right at 6. Sometimes not until 8. We were always seated among the same 3 or 4 tables. 

12 hours ago, wayne_trisha said:

You don't need to make a reservation. Once on board and you've dined the first evening at your preferred time, just let them know that you'll be dining at that time each evening and they'll accommodate you at that time each evening.