Wondering if I can pack an item...help!

mpetr0922

Hi Celebrity CC Board!

Going on my first-ever cruise on the Equinox next month (and my honeymoon!) and I am just wondering if I'm able to pack a Revlon One-Step Volumizer for my hair (item linked here, if it helps).  It's similar to a hair dryer but I want to be sure before I leave myself with no options to do my hair every day 😆

Thanks in advance!

@mpetr0922 Have a happy honeymoon!

One question: Did you read all the reviews on the link you sent? There are a number that are listed as 5-star reviews but actually warn against buying this because of overheating and sparking. Be really cautious using it onboard. Our engineer friend @chengkp75 may have an opinion about whether ship voltage could trigger something.

@mayleeman thanks for the note!

I have owned this product for a few years and not had any issues with sparking or overheating.  Like any hair dryer, the vent could probably use a cleaning (which I will make sure to do before we set sail).  Open to listening if the voltage will be an issue as well!

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, mhlcanada said:

Can a travel size clothes steamer be brought on the ship? It is prohibited on HAL ships. I recall bringing on Celebrity before and not a problem.

No, travel irons AND travel steamers are prohibited.

If you're dropping off luggage to the porters put it in that luggage vs carrying on.  The carry on XRay folks are far more likely to pull questionable items for further review; you'd still get it on but may require needing to report to guest services at a specific time.  We had to board the Reflection in FLL in the spring of '22 later than planned and there were no porters working, had to carry everything on and had a small fan confiscated by the terminal XRay team, it was deemed fine by X but in order to get it back I had to set up an appt with guest services which they told me could only be picked up at 715pm (during a show) if I wanted it that night.  Never had an issue getting the same fan on X if I put it in the checked/porter luggage

• Like 1

However, if you put it in checked luggage they might put your bag in the naughty room with the surge protectors. ( I found this out the hard way because the ship sailed and I hadn’t gotten my luggage yet. ) Sure enough , it was put aside, they opened it and then lost the tag. My steward found the bag and brought up to our room. I’d rather put iffy things in my carryon.