What’s the earliest time I can buy wine in Florida on a Sunday?

I promise I searched this before resorting to asking on CC but the info is so varied and confusing. I just want to buy some dad gum wine to take with us on board the Equinox in July. We are flying in on the day of embarkation 😳…a 6:30 am flight from ATL. We arrive a little after 8 am. After having breakfast and collecting luggage, my plan is to Uber to the nearest Publix. But it does us no good if we can’t buy the wine because we are too early (embarkation is on a Sunday). 

The flip side is we drive 10 hours the day before and buying wine on Sunday is a non issue. But we’d have to leave later in the afternoon due to a family obligation Saturday morning. 

Hmm, I googled "buying wine in FL" and the first link was 

https://www.gettips.com/blog/florida-alcohol-laws

A quote from that page says

"However, a new law signed by Gov. Greg Abbott in June 2021, HB 1518, allows retailers who sell beer and wine for off-site consumption, like grocery and convenience stores, to begin selling at 10 a.m. on Sundays instead of noon."

3 minutes ago, DaKahuna said:

"However, a new law signed by Gov. Greg Abbott in June 2021, HB 1518, allows retailers who sell beer and wine for off-site consumption, like grocery and convenience stores, to begin selling at 10 a.m. on Sundays instead of noon."

Ahh…Greg Abbott is Governor of Texas.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

1 hour ago, DaKahuna said:

I read this very article too!  The Governor Abbott part threw me off. I wondered if the author had gotten into the wine. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

6 hours ago, Tierun said:

You can travel with wine in your checked luggage or buy at a vino volo in an airport. 

True, but we didn’t want to check our bags. After today’s airport experience, we are gonna drive. Airline travel is just nuts these days. Or maybe it’s just ATL. 

Anyway, thanks for all the info. friends!

2 hours ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

True, but we didn’t want to check our bags. After today’s airport experience, we are gonna drive. Airline travel is just nuts these days. Or maybe it’s just ATL. 

Anyway, thanks for all the info. friends!

If you are driving  just buy it  at home before the trip

• Like 1

it can vary by county and sometimes municipality ... I live on the county line and in a particular plaza the places on the south side can start at 11, and on the north side, noon . . .

Edited by Capt_BJ
  • Thanks 1

I remember when you couldn't buy wine or beer at Publix on Sunday before Noon.  That's changed and now I believe that whenever Publix opens up, you can go on in and buy your demon water.

• Haha 2