How is Seascape different than Seaside/Seashore?

mafig

I have to admit the similarity between these names has me confused.  I had to check my records.

I have been on Seaside and Seashore.  Looking at a cruise on Seascape.  What are the differences between these ships?

We were in the Yacht Club and will probably do the same if we book Seascape.

Which is the newest ?

Seashore and Seascape are sister ships, with the Seascape slightly larger (145 more passengers).  Color schemes are slightly different, but you'll find it hard to tell the difference between Seascape and Seashore.  Biggest difference is that Seascape has Robotron, the robotic ride on Deck 20.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Seaside has 2 buffets, with the main buffet on deck 8.  Seascape has one buffet on deck 16, while specialty dining is on deck 8.  

We were on Seascape in March and will return to Seaside next Sunday.  I will try to add some comparisons to a live review I plan on doing, since it has been 4 years since our previous Seaside experience

I did a review of Seascape, if you are interested here:

• Like 2

On 5/20/2023 at 4:17 AM, mafig said:

I have to admit the similarity between these names has me confused.  I had to check my records.

I have been on Seaside and Seashore.  Looking at a cruise on Seascape.  What are the differences between these ships?

We were in the Yacht Club and will probably do the same if we book Seascape.

Which is the newest ?

How are you two doing? Have you gone back and cruised RCL? We will be boarding Divina and World Europa in Italy next month. We have been cruising on Navigator out of LA last year and early this year. Missed you on Seashore last June, I think you boarded a two cruises after we got off Seashore.

Hope to see you two on a Royal or MSC cruise again. Stay safe and happy cruising.

11 hours ago, frank808 said:

How are you two doing? Have you gone back and cruised RCL? We will be boarding Divina and World Europa in Italy next month. We have been cruising on Navigator out of LA last year and early this year. Missed you on Seashore last June, I think you boarded a two cruises after we got off Seashore.

Hope to see you two on a Royal or MSC cruise again. Stay safe and happy cruising.

We're doing OK.  Still waiting repairs from Ion.  We got approved for a new roof, got the $ from our insurance company, just waiting....

Divina was our first MSC cruise.

We did have a cruise on the little, old Serenade a few weeks ago.  We thought we'd cruise from Tampa, since we've only done it three times and we can be home by 10 AM after.  I had a good time, Jose missed the bigger ships.

Hope to see you  again.  😍

Edited by mafig

I am surprised Jose likes the larger ships. One thing I miss with the larger ships is the shaded sea views from the different decks. Also the larger ships feel more like a shopping mall but there is a lot more to do on those ships (lot more crowded also). I have liked every ship that we have been on. The smaller ships I like because of the nice cruisers we meet.

Did you guys sail on Seashore last June/July? 

See you two onboard.

13 hours ago, frank808 said:

Did you guys sail on Seashore last June/July? 

See you two onboard.

We were on Norwegian Joy last April in the Haven.👍

Seashore in October/November.  also 👍