Solarium Bistro charging for dinner?

I just saw a video of Wonder of the Seas, is it true that Solarium Bistro is now charging for dinner? Pre-Covid I went on Symphony and Oasis, and neither charged for Solarium for dinner.

5 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Perhaps what you saw was the upcharge items .. not the free menu. 

That could've been what they meant. I just rewatched, complimentary for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Then it's followed up with dinner is an extra charge. Here's a link that goes direct to where he mentions it.

So to be clear, it is still free for dinner?

32 minutes ago, xps15z said:

That could've been what they meant. I just rewatched, complimentary for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Then it's followed up with dinner is an extra charge. Here's a link that goes direct to where he mentions it.

So to be clear, it is still free for dinner?

Almost everything free. We were on Symphony and they had a few items with a charge on the dinner menu. If I remember right they had Rack of Lamb and Lobster with a up charge.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/20/2023 at 5:49 PM, xps15z said:

I just saw a video of Wonder of the Seas, is it true that Solarium Bistro is now charging for dinner? Pre-Covid I went on Symphony and Oasis, and neither charged for Solarium for dinner.

We were on Wonder from 4/16-4/30 and ate in the bistro numerous evenings, and it is free except or the up charge lobster, filet, or rack of lamb. It is, however, all buffet for everything other than those up charge items.

• Like 1

It was free for dinner on Odyssey, but you had to make a reservation.  I asked the head guy up there about the upcharge for the filet.  He told me that the $16.95 upcharge was for the same 9oz filet that you get in Chops but pay $50.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, alaska2023 said:

Are kids allowed to eat at Solarium Bistro for lunch and/or dinner? Thanks!

Yes, they just can't hang out/lounge in the actual Solarium. They can pass through to eat, get to elevators on some ships, etc.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, orville99 said:

We were on Wonder from 4/16-4/30 and ate in the bistro numerous evenings

I assume that means you liked it? My wife is too picky for that menu, unfortunately. I enjoyed it. I got her to eat there with me once a long time ago with the caveat that we eat on the early side so we could go to WJ after, lol (which was also fine with me given how much I eat on cruises).

Everyone should try it once, IMO, given that it's free and different... unless you're like my wife and 99% sure it isn't for you.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

I assume that means you liked it?

We actually thought it was one of the better complimentary venues on the ship. We typically would go to the WJ shortly after it opened for the evening, check out what they were serving on a given evening, and then decide if we would rather eat there or at the bistro. Most evenings the bistro won hands down.

• Thanks 1

I really like several of the appetizers, so I skipped the entree and just had appetizers recently on the Ovation. Probably should have done that on previous occasions when I was full before the entree even got there.

Edited by crzndeb
  • Like 1