Should we book a Massage before sailing?

DLWood

We are traveling on Beyond for the Eastern Mediterranean out of Rome 27 May. We are in Aqua Class.  Do we get extra discounts for massage appointments or will there be sales on board?  Wondering if we should book before boarding instead to get the best value. We can be  flexible with appointment times. 

1 hour ago, DLWood said:

Do we get extra discounts for massage appointments or will there be sales on board?  

Warning :

Beware of the " Free Five Minute Massage " offered every day around the pool by the Spa Attendants.

You will be up-sold to $450 in all kinds of treatments-- most you won't know what they are--And, she will " guarantee " you will feel better etc, etc.(the stuff does smell nice) ---

Plus, on this cruise they have a " Special Discount " , blah, blah blah.

Because I am a "great negotiator " ( ?? ) she let me "off the hook " with only $357 ( $US ) added to our account !! 

So, when I returned to my stateroom and told " you know who "---- forget that part !!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Pinboy said:

Warning :

Beware of the " Free Five Minute Massage " offered every day around the pool by the Spa Attendants.

You will be up-sold to $450 in all kinds of treatments-- most you won't know what they are--And, she will " guarantee " you will feel better etc, etc.(the stuff does smell nice) ---

Plus, on this cruise they have a " Special Discount " , blah, blah blah.

Because I am a "great negotiator " ( ?? ) she let me "off the hook " with only $357 ( $US ) added to our account !! 

So, when I returned to my stateroom and told " you know who "---- forget that part !!!

lol.. We get a lot of free 5 minute massages and never book

6 hours ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

The best deals are once on board booking an appt on a port day

I second that.  The best deals are on port days and deals are available!

I went to a couple of the 'free' massages.  That convinced me not to book with certain individuals.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, gold1953 said:

lol.. We get a lot of free 5 minute massages and never book

YOU get a lot of free 5 minute massages and never book ???

Really ??? Ummm , are we thinking of the same thing ?? 

As for me, look at the $$ I saved because she told me that the " Special discount " was only for our cruise !  How lucky can you get ?? 

She also told me I would look " years " younger if I applied some smelly "stuff " for 48 ( or was it 480 ) days after the cruise. Didn't work--- must have been past it's " best before date " .

Lastly, she kinda " hinted " for a tip ----there goes another $25. 

Every time Captain ( didn't know his name ) walked by I was worried he would accuse me of taking advantage of the Spa Attendant with my " negotiating skills " (??). 

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Pinboy said:

As for me, look at the $$ I saved because she told me that the " Special discount " was only for our cruise !  How lucky can you get ?? 

She also told me I would look " years " younger if I applied some smelly "stuff " for 48 ( or was it 480 ) days after the cruise. Didn't work--- must have been past it's " best before date " .

Every time Captain ( didn't know his name ) walked by I was worried he would accuse me of taking advantage of the Spa Attendant with my " negotiating skills " (??). 

You might want to take a class in “ boundaries.” I have never had a free one but have had the 20 min back massage. No problem with trying to sell me anything.

11 hours ago, Pinboy said:

They have a lot of 'lines'  lol..   I am a pro at the massage samples making sure I don't stop unless it is a different therapist each time. Cripes a massage at home is under $100 and covered by insurance. What is with the $200 US  ( I am Canadian so $280) massages. The special couples deal for $540 last cruise. That is all I paid for my cruise. Should we extra because the therapist worked on the princess in her country? ( her claim).

Have you tried the feet sample . They work on one foot so you walk away lopsided. 

One side of the face

• Like 1

Yes, port day services are far less expensive and there are daily on-board spa specials.  However, I don't like all of the upsell attempts coupled with the high fees.   Thus, I schedule a massage the day after we are home following the cruise with my favorite therapist....for 30% less than the ship's spa. 

4 hours ago, CU64 said:

You might want to take a class in “ boundaries.”

What " boundaries " are you referring to ? Explain .

If there was anything in post #7 that was not within the accepted Guidelines , the Moderator would have removed it. 

Edited by Pinboy
wrong post #

we always pre book the spa services we want in order to get a  port pricing discount for the  best times.  ship must be in port for discpount to apply and always confirm before your session begins.

there are offers for special combos in the newsletter during the cruise..good prices!